Waived: Jeff Halpern (Claimed by Montreal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
With current pieces, it would mean handing 3C responsibilites to Miller, putting Boyle on the 4th line, and bringing Asham back into the fold.

Basically, rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. Im hoping theres some more reasoning behind it.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
I guess Boyle plays 3rd and 4th line center now :facepalm:

Honestly, seems like they're making space for a contract. I'd rather Asham be waived.

nyrangers23

May 26, 2008
bwood
Newbury up to play with Kreider and miller. Boyle moved to 4th. Dont forget how much Kreider praised how it was playing on Newbury's line for whale

member 116805

Considering Tors saying they need help with PP i wouldnt be surprised if its to clear a spot for Zuccarello.
Then again, with this team ... who the hell knows what they are thinking

nyrangers23

May 26, 2008
bwood
If that's the reason there should be an angry mob at the next game :nod:

There should be a angry mob at every game for the way some of these guys are playing(Richards) and the lack of offensive creativity this coaching staff has. I didnt say i wanted Newbury up just what i was speculating

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
why would you waive Halpern over Bickel if you're trying to clear contract space?

Makes absolutely no sense.

Thinking the same thing...or Gilroy...or someone else who isnt actually contributing nightly

(and I use the term loosely because I dont think Halpern has been particularly good - but he has been serviceable)

Who knows - maybe a trade for another bottom 6 center is in the works.

Waiving Bickel or Gilroy works if you're looking to clear a roster spot to open up room under the 23 man limit.

But if your goal is to clear a CONTRACT under the 50 contract limit, they aren't options because they'll simply clear and you're still stuck at the same 49 contracts.

If you're trying to create room either to open up space for a college FA signing or for a 1-for-multiple trade, you need to waive someone who you know will get claimed - and therefore subtracted from your contract count.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
With current pieces, it would mean handing 3C responsibilites to Miller, putting Boyle on the 4th line, and bringing Asham back into the fold.

Basically, rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. Im hoping theres some more reasoning behind it.

It clears a contract so that's the mindset. This is assuming Halpern gets picked and really he should at his price and experience.

For now the bottom 6 like you say can roll with
Pyatt, Miller, Kreider
Powe, Boyle, Asham

they could sign Zuccarello........and dont say he stinks , he's a midget, this team cant score at all and atleast that kid has moves

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Waiving Bickel or Gilroy works if you're looking to clear a roster spot to open up room under the 23 man limit.

But if your goal is to clear a CONTRACT under the 50 contract limit, they aren't options because they'll simply clear and you're still stuck at the same 49 contracts.

If you're trying to create room either to open up space for a college FA signing or for a 1-for-multiple trade, you need to waive someone who you know will get claimed - and therefore subtracted from your contract count.

I remember Sather waiving Voros, Rissmiller all of those bums right before the deadline as a way to clear a roster spot

Gilroy and Bickel will be waived at some point

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
There should be a angry mob at every game for the way some of these guys are playing(Richards) and the lack of offensive creativity this coaching staff has. I didnt say i wanted Newbury up just what i was speculating

Didn't say you were, I was kinda hypothetically speaking. No offense meant :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad