Waived: Jeff Halpern (Claimed by Montreal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
they could use Boyle 4th line till his arse gets dealt and have Miller, Kreider and Pyatt or sign Zuccarello........be real balzy and it could be Jasper Fast

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
they could use Boyle 4th line till his arse gets dealt and have Miller, Kreider and Pyatt or sign Zuccarello........be real balzy and it could be Jasper Fast

Fast already counts against the 50, no need to try and clear a contract for him. Make space in the lineup, yeah, but a simple "healthy scratch" would have sufficed.

Halpern wasn't the worst of this team's dead weight problems. That status currently resides with Boyle, Pyatt, and Asham.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Definitely making room. He did not deserve to be waived overall. I just hope some bad trade is not in the works and it's someone else getting called up.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Don't get it he was good defensively and on faceoffs, I can't see a trade coming with slather being in the hospital unless they ready had an offer on the table.

Bardof425*

Fast already counts against the 50, no need to try and clear a contract for him. Make space in the lineup, yeah, but a simple "healthy scratch" would have sufficed.

Halpern wasn't the worst of this team's dead weight problems. That status currently resides with Boyle, Pyatt, and Asham.

Halp had a glorious chance last night to tie the game and he didn't bury it. He has been snake bitten. There has to be another contract coming our way; no other reason to make this move.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
why would you waive Halpern over Bickel if you're trying to clear contract space?

Makes absolutely no sense.
Because Bickel absolutely would not be claimed, and you would definitely not gain any contract space.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
why would you waive Halpern over Bickel if you're trying to clear contract space?

Makes absolutely no sense.

Thinking the same thing...or Gilroy...or someone else who isnt actually contributing nightly

(and I use the term loosely because I dont think Halpern has been particularly good - but he has been serviceable)

Who knows - maybe a trade for another bottom 6 center is in the works.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Halp had a glorious chance last night to tie the game and he didn't bury it. He has been snake bitten. There has to be another contract coming our way; no other reason to make this move.
He's been snake bitten for a while now. 4 goals in 101 games.

BUT HE CAN SKATE!!!!11

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I would assume they tried to trade him before this move. But looks like clearing a roster spot for a bigger move.
Just reading the tea leaves, Boyle would have to replace him on the 4th line as a c, so Boyle is not moving.
They either have a 3rd line center coming back (Stoll in a bigger deal for Gaborik?) or they think Miller is ready.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I would assume they tried to trade him before this move. But looks like clearing a roster spot for a bigger move.
Just reading the tea leaves, Boyle would have to replace him on the 4th line as a c, so Boyle is not moving.
They either have a 3rd line center coming back (Stoll in a bigger deal for Gaborik?) or they think Miller is ready.

Well, it's pretty clear already that think Miller is ready.

EDIT - Misread. I still think Torts would have no qualms putting Miller there full-time the way he's been treating him this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad