Confirmed with Link: Jeff Carter Traded to Pittsburgh / Jeff Carter Appreciation Thread

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
disagree as it depends on draft year. 2023 is Bedard's draft year, the more lotto tickets for that year the better IMO.

as far as 3rd and 4th rounders you are correct. Those pics are long shots to make it anyway, and i think are just as likely to be used as currency down the road for Blake.

If a particular draft or player is supposed to be good, you'd get conditions on the pick. Or at least you would now. Ottawa and SJ have made sure of that.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Future picks are less value yes. However, the Kings are a bit on the opposite side currently due to soooo many picks the last couple years and in this upcoming draft. So we're in the odd situation where having those additional 3-4th round picks pushed to future years as something of a minor benefit to us.

Reactions: lumbergh

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Future picks are less value yes. However, the Kings are a bit on the opposite side currently due to soooo many picks the last couple years and in this upcoming draft. So we're in the odd situation where having those additional 3-4th round picks pushed to future years as something of a minor benefit to us.

plus given lack of exposure this next draft is more of a crap shoot than normal. 2022 3rd more valuable than a 2021 IMO

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
so if the penguins reach the finals and carter plays atleast 50% of the games, 3rd becomes a 2nd. If Carter plays atleast 50 games next season, 4th becomes a 3rd.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
so if the penguins reach the finals and carter plays atleast 50% of the games, 3rd becomes a 2nd. If Carter plays atleast 50 games next season, 4th becomes a 3rd.

Those are very realistic targets to be honest.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Its almost hard to believe that its been almost 10 years since the trade. Starting to get emotional thinking about it

Reactions: Bandit

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Hi, I’m really interested in the details and conditions of this trade, so instead of reading the thread where there’s a really high likelihood those details would have been listed earlier, I’m going to ask the question instead. Fiddlesticks.
or maybe we can sticky all the information in the very first post instead of reading through 10 pages of broken comments?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I'm interested in what the 2022 pick condition means exactly. Is it the Pens reach the Final and Carter plays in 50% of games from now, from the start of the playoffs, or from the start of the Final?

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Only Kings player besides Anze Kopitar to lead the team in scoring in the last 14 years. Thanks for everything. Kings really need a ring of honor so guys like him and Williams and Scuderi et al get their recognition. Maybe not a jersey retirement, but they deserve more than a "Legends Night".

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Only Kings player besides Anze Kopitar to lead the team in scoring in the last 14 years. Thanks for everything. Kings really need a ring of honor so guys like him and Williams and Scuderi et al get their recognition. Maybe not a jersey retirement, but they deserve more than a "Legends Night".
If they didn't share Staples with two other teams, it'd be something they could do.

Reactions: YP44

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
If they didn't share Staples with two other teams, it'd be something they could do.
Well the Clippers are moving soon so it'll be only two teams, but point taken.

I have to imagine there's a way to do it though. Whether you hang a banner with numbers, use the electronic ring to display them throughout any games during the season, or another permanent reminder, I'd sure like to see it done. Hell, maybe a marble wall outside of the arena with the names, numbers, and years played listed. Do one for the Lakers and the Kings.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Well the Clippers are moving soon so it'll be only two teams, but point taken.

I have to imagine there's a way to do it though. Whether you hang a banner with numbers, use the electronic ring to display them throughout any games during the season, or another permanent reminder, I'd sure like to see it done. Hell, maybe a marble wall outside of the arena with the names, numbers, and years played listed. Do one for the Lakers and the Kings.

where are the clippers moving to?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Brian Burke just said Hexy called LA a month ago for Carter and that when they called him, Carter was very excited.
Also, I remember from an interview , Carter loved playing with CRosby in WJC and Olympics, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Said Carter is flying out there today.

No doubt going to a team that at least consistently makes the playoffs, if not is considered a yearly Cup contender, even in a down year, I'm sure it'll do something for the old bones.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
He could bounce back playing for something again. I doubt he plays next year in Pittsburgh though. Going for a few months is one thing, going for a whole year for barely above league minimum is another. I expect we will be on the hook for his recapture penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad