Value of: Jeff Carter to Carolina

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Why would the Canes want Carter tho? A 33 year old centre isn't what they should be going for. Especially since hed cost at least a 1st +. Carter probably goes to like Columbus, Minnesota etc.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Carter + Petersen for Pesce + 1st ...
age be damned, Carter is still a 60pt guy on a $5mil annual salary... his style of play isn’t likely to be affected by age

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
age be damned, Carter is still a 60pt guy on a $5mil annual salary... his style of play isn’t likely to be affected by age

Wtf is that! Kings will NOT be trading Petersen. He is the future in the Kings net (he is showing it now).

I would love to get one of those RHD from Carolina but I don't think our two teams make sense as trade partners.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Why would the Canes want Carter tho? A 33 year old centre isn't what they should be going for. Especially since hed cost at least a 1st +. Carter probably goes to like Columbus, Minnesota etc.

Because we have a lot of youth talent that we need to wait to mature and we need a top-6 scoring C to bridge the gap until Necas, Svech, and our other youth is ready.

We're not in win-now mode, but we do need to end this playoffs drought. I'm not sure our 1st is on the table but we have loads of specs and young talent to offer.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He’d be welcome, I think he’d fit in great. I would pay a fair price. Would the Kings want to be just out of the contract or would they want players back? Rask is cheaper and younger. The RD all get paid similar outside of TVR.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
:biglaugh:

You're aware that there no longer are jerseys here with his name on them, right? The Jackets had a free promotion in which the nameplates on those jerseys got swapped out with Jack Johnson nameplates (and I understand it was a very popular promotion). The odds of him ever voluntarily returning here, or us ever voluntarily accepting him again, are probably right up there with the odds of the Leafs being relocated to Montana.

Nash would be able to come back; sure, he requested a trade, but he'd put in ten years of service before, so many are prepared to forgive him. The Former #7? There's certainly one fan here on HF that would probably be good with it, but I suspect he's the only one.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Not this season so far. On a 40 pt pace.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Carolina needs a Top 6 forward in the worst way. With Darling out of the way, Carolina should be competitive with its strong team defense. An infusion of skill is needed to win those 3-2 games.

Carolina doesn’t necessarily need a long-term solution at center. A bridge to Necas may be good enough. Carter and his contract fit well in that respect.

Adding another goal scorer would nice, particularly with Svechnikov having a playmaking lean to his game in the early going. Carolina hasn’t had a RH forward score 7 goals on the PP in a season since Ray Whitney.

Carolina is still sensitive to what players actually make. Carter is owed just $7 mil over the final 3 years of his contract. That’s a good value, even if he declines.

It’s conceivable that he becomes available outside a hockey trade. The Canes have spent years assembling its prospect pool. It’s time to leverage it directly or indirectly (i.e. they can afford to trade a high pick) to add talent to the NHL roster.

Last edited:

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
:biglaugh:

You're aware that there no longer are jerseys here with his name on them, right? The Jackets had a free promotion in which the nameplates on those jerseys got swapped out with Jack Johnson nameplates (and I understand it was a very popular promotion). The odds of him ever voluntarily returning here, or us ever voluntarily accepting him again, are probably right up there with the odds of the Leafs being relocated to Montana.

Nash would be able to come back; sure, he requested a trade, but he'd put in ten years of service before, so many are prepared to forgive him. The Former #7? There's certainly one fan here on HF that would probably be good with it, but I suspect he's the only one.

What did Jeff Carter do wrong exactly? The Blue Jackets traded him. I don't understand why he's the bad guy.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What did Jeff Carter do wrong exactly? The Blue Jackets traded him. I don't understand why he's the bad guy.
The full explanation would take quite some time. Suffice to say that he dogged it in spectacular, unprecedented fashion while he was here; I've seen him backcheck more in All-Star Games than he ever did in a CBJ uniform. He legit earned his damnatio memoriae.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

you are in every single kings thread shitting on every single kings player. we get it, it has been a bad start to the season. these are historically good players who are waking up and playing better. odds are this is just a really bad stretch of hockey, not every single kings player losing their ability to play hockey. system, coach, whatever it was it seems to be getting better.

if the kings are throwing in the towel this season, then carter for a 1st makes sense. if not, the kings are likely looking for a second pairing rhd.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
I think Carter would be a great fit in with the Canes youth. He can play center now and move to the wing later.

Id have to think that picks would work for me. Obviously the RHD are attractive pieces but I dont think Carter lands you one of them.

member 88115

And Pearson was headed for a 5 point season, until he got traded and got 4 points in the first 6 games with Pitts. And Carter is much better than Pearson

For the Proposal, we require a 1st +, we have plenty of prospects with decent chances of making the roster.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
He signed a long term deal with the Flyers then the Flyers traded him to CBJ. He didn't want to be in Columbus long term and made that known. Basically gave them no choice but to trade him.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
He signed a long term deal with the Flyers then the Flyers traded him to CBJ. He didn't want to be in Columbus long term and made that known. Basically gave them no choice but to trade him.
Do you blame him?He signed a long term deal to stay with the Flyers.I have heard many interviews with Carter saying the injury bug and not having chemistry with lines makes was frustrating while in Columbus.Never said a ill word about the Jackets or their fans.

Reactions: mmvvpp

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Do you blame him?He signed a long term deal to stay with the Flyers.I have heard many interviews with Carter saying the injury bug and not having chemistry with lines makes was frustrating while in Columbus.Never said a ill word about the Jackets or their fans.

If Columbus fans want to hate him, sure, go ahead, but most people would have done the same. If I signed a long term deal to play where I wanted, and they pretty much immediately traded me to Ohio I'd be pretty upset too.

Reactions: deaderhead28

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
No I don't blame him

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I'm sorry, but there is 0% chance that Pesce is the main piece going out in a Carter deal. And as others have said, unlikely Petersen is coming our way right now. What is LA looking for right now, areas of weakness?

Last edited:

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I'm sorry, but there is 0% chance that Pesce is the main piece coming back in a Carter deal. And as others have said, unlikely Petersen is coming our way right now. What is LA looking for right now, areas of weakness?

Prospects with top 6 talent or draft picks. We have salvaged the depth in the prospect pool but the high-end talent is lacking.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Columbus would be a funny spot for him.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If it was just "he didn't want to be here" but he still played, that'd have been one thing. We're familiar with guys who would prefer not to stay. Most of them have been forgiven. But the way he dogged it on the ice was atrocious - he not only didn't want to stay here, he played some of the laziest hockey of his career to try to force the issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad