Jean Béliveau passes away at 83.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I hope the current Habs roster are listening carefully to Dryden. What a speech.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Loved the way Dryden ended it: "This is not a time to say good-bye. This is a time to say ... thank-you."

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
I hope the current Habs roster are listening carefully to Dryden. What a speech.

I'm sure Emelin caught a word or two.

All jokes aside, this must be very humbling for the Habs players. Great ceremony for a great man.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Geoff's speech was the recital of a CV. Very businesslike, emotions contained.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Sadly, I'm pretty sure half of them don't give a crap.

I'm going to strongly disagree. These are men that have dedicated their life to hockey. This would be a day lost on nobody I would guess

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Couple of things-Is Henri Richard Health the reason he is not at funeral,glad to see Mario,but why again did Wayne Gretzey not show up and where is Bobby Orr-thanks

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Why are they announcing individuals who are delivering personal comments, by referring to their NHL awards -- it's not a show. :shakehead

Yea I wish they would make references or anecdotes about their lives outside of hockey. We keep hearing about how great he was outside of the game, so would have been nice to hear about his moments outside of it. It's not a career recognition moment, it's man's life.
I'm not criticizing though..it's their moments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad