JC's Change Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
On the plus side - the hawks PP has pretty quickly gone from pathetic and predictable under Q to dangerous and consistently generating high end looks under JC.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
On the plus side - the hawks PP has pretty quickly gone from pathetic and predictable under Q to dangerous and consistently generating high end looks under JC.

After last night, it is now 20th in the league. Just about a month ago, it was near rock bottom. Last year, the PP finished 28th in the league.

Pretty hard to not recognize that JC has greatly improved the powerplay given the personal he's working with is largely the same that Q had access to.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
After last night, it is now 20th in the league. Just about a month ago, it was near rock bottom. Last year, the PP finished 28th in the league.

Pretty hard to not recognize that JC has greatly improved the powerplay given the personal he's working with is largely the same that Q had access to.
I think we were dead last this year when Q got fired, no?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I suppose it's not surprising (for Hawks in transition) that one guy seems to struggle on a nightly basis. The game previous it was Strome. Last night it was Dahlstrom. Clean that aspect up, bench Kunitz and this team is respectable.

Of course it will always be Seabs fault in some folks eyes.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Of course it will always be Seabs fault in some folks eyes.
giphy.gif

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Q had Duncan f***ing Keith on the first unit. He also wouldn’t let Gus anywhere near the PP. The players also stood in one spot while he was in charge.

JC has Gus on PP1 and has the players moving around and look what happens? The powerplay actually threatens every time the Hawks get one and it’s no longer 2 free minutes off the clock.

It’s so refreshing seeing a quality powerplay given the personnel on this team. Always should have been this way.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Q had Duncan ****ing Keith on the first unit. He also wouldn’t let Gus anywhere near the PP. The players also stood in one spot while he was in charge.

JC has Gus on PP1 and has the players moving around and look what happens? The powerplay actually threatens every time the Hawks get one and it’s no longer 2 free minutes off the clock.

It’s so refreshing seeing a quality powerplay given the personnel on this team. Always should have been this way.
Modern systems with the right personnel... Who woulda thunk it?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Davidson sent to Rockford. Forsling activated from IR. So still have 8 dmen up. JC has said his preference is for only 7 dmen. Wonder if Koekkoek gets waived, Forsling gets sent down. Maybe a trade comes together. Or I would love to see them at some point scratch seabs on a every other game basis, but doubt it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don’t get the issue people have with this play other than he missed the net as he protected the puck and the puck stayed low. Pretty? No but he didn’t turn it over.
for most of us it was just the thought of Seabs even attempting a Savardian Spin-o-rama!!

it literally went like this:

Seabs skating in the zone, fake a shot and he thinks to himself at that moment " be like Kaner!!" then he suddenly realizes he can't turn that fast and thinks "shit, I am Brent Seabrook" and there went that lol...

Reactions: Kevin Musto

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I know he passed through on waivers. But he's an NHL player. Have to imagine someone will gladly trade for him by the deadline.
maybe b/c outside on this org, he is not worth the cost.....

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So how many games does JC need to implement this new "system"? LOL

This team was destroyed by Bowman and as much I would like to believe that this kid JC is any better than Q, we are just kidding ourselves...

I do remember some celebrating though really fast when the team went on a what was is a 3-1-1 run or something like that? LOL

Bowman is garbage, let him go and keep the scouting staff around, if he wants to stick around as their chief sure, if not he can take a hike...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad