Davidson-Rutta

Manning scratched.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Just stop with the MFing push em back entry. Actually, you don't even have to stop it, but have a plan B for when the other team is just sitting and waiting for it.
you know what is crazy? there are a few other teams doing that now for some unknown reason..I think Philly and Tampa was dropping back but not 100% sure who it was I was watching...I just thought why on Earth is another team doing this nonsense????

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
you know what is crazy? there are a few other teams doing that now for some unknown reason..I think Philly and Tampa was dropping back but not 100% sure who it was I was watching...I just thought why on Earth is another team doing this nonsense????

It can make sense as an option but not every time.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The drop pass can be effective you just need to be a threat to dump and chase for it to be respected. We aren't/weren't.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Every team uses it. Not just Philly and Tampa. Pay attention to every single PP of an opposing team in our games moving forward. Every.Single.Team. uses it in some form. The Hawks just don't execute it correctly. Has nothing to do with the entry itself, but poor execution/coaching of it.

If you use it, you can't have it dropped back so far that the forwards flying through the neutral zone at full speed have to come to a complete stop at the blueline and wait for Kane to carry the puck in. The whole point of it is for the puck-carrier to carry the puck across the red line, and time it so that he chips it in behind the D with his other two forwards going at full speed across the blueline. This catches basically the entire opposing team's four defenders standing still at the blueline/flat-footed, and ensures a clean entry/ability to setup down low in the offensive zone. The Hawks don't do this. They drop it soooooooo far back, that the forwards have to pull up at the blueline, then the puck carrier can't really chip it in, unless he chips and chases himself. Which defeats the purpose of the entry in the first place.

Reactions: coolhand

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
They did at times. They did this year with Keith for some reason in the slot. It's the moving parts/guys on their shooting sides that will make it work.
If the players actually move, yeah. I'll have to see it succeed before believing it will. I believe it was Ray Ferroro a few years back that said he believes the PP is 80% on the players, and 20% on coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad