JC's Change Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Don’t give a **** about JC’s lies about ice time. That **** is tracked and easy for everyone to look up.

DeBrincat had 10:15 at even strength
Jokiharju 10:05 at even strength

Makes no sense to cut icetime from two guys who are so important going forward while this is nothing more than a development year.

This has nothing to do with JC vs Q, it’s about getting the icetime these guys need to improve and contribute over the next decade+

It is frustrating that JC is trying to gaslight here

I was looking at TOI last night and there were some players last night that played less than their normal. Debrincat and Joker were two of them but there TOI was not the norm as a I stated last night. Fortin and Kruger were benched so the blender was in full effect which can cause abnormal TOI numbers. I don't believe Debrincat was being double shifted and was banged up at one point last night. Joker had played approx. 15 minutes last night but led the team in special teams minutes. He has averaged 20:10 TOI since JC took over and has been sick.

Based on these facts I wouldn't freakout over anything unless it becomes a trend.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I was looking at TOI last night and there were some players last night that played less than their normal. Debrincat and Joker were two of them but there TOI was not the norm as a I stated last night. Fortin and Kruger were benched so the blender was in full effect which can cause abnormal TOI numbers. I don't believe Debrincat was being double shifted and was banged up at one point last night. Joker had played approx. 15 minutes last night but led the team in special teams minutes. He has averaged 20:10 TOI since JC took over and has been sick.

Based on these facts I wouldn't freakout over anything unless it becomes a trend.

True, it’s shocking to see the low numbers but like you said, it’s one game.

If this becomes a pattern, then it’s absolutely a concern imo.

Also, doesn’t change the fact that JC lied about it last night, that just strikes me as an odd thing to lie about. Especially when it’s so easy to fact check.

Must be taking PR classes at the White House

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
True, it’s shocking to see the low numbers but like you said, it’s one game.

If this becomes a pattern, then it’s absolutely a concern imo.

Also, doesn’t change the fact that JC lied about it last night, that just strikes me as an odd thing to lie about. Especially when it’s so easy to fact check.

Must be taking PR classes at the White House

I mean there is a chance that he had different information but who knows.

Debrincat was 6th in total forward ice time so it could also been how the PP units shuffled and then mixed out.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Haha. Ok what have you found about JC that implies he is not a good leader?

You are being rather sensitive to my comment and reading into it too much. It is not that I don't appreciate what you are saying but I don't agree at all because it was coach talk to the media. It implies nothing to his leadership abilities.

There are many different ways a coach can talk to the media and it’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it. To me, he came off confident when he got the job and he doesn’t now. IMO, he’s blaming the players’ effort for the team struggling, which he has done a few times already. And for me, I don’t want to hear that. If there is a problem with the compete level, tell us you’re on it and you’re going to find a way to fix it. To me, he isn’t sure how to do that so he is just diagnosing the problem in the media and hoping it works itself out. And I’ll continue to feel that way until I see results. I’m not impressed with very much of what he has done other than giving some of the young players more opportunity to play. I’m not trying to win anyone over with my opinions, just voicing them. If you’re going to respond with “LOL”, that implies to me you like his leadership qualities so far and if so, I’d like hear why.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I like how BK is doing everything he can to spin Joker being benched and Manning playing over him multiple times as somehow not a negative

The reality is JC has mishandled Joker since the moment he was hired and it makes no damn sense why he is doing it

There was no reason to pull him away from Keith
There was no reason to healthy scratch him
There was no reason to shackle him to a corpse wearing #23 sweater
There is never a reason to play him less then that corpse

Add in he seems to love this train wreck that is Seabrook + Manning as pairing when they continually fail miserably says enough

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I like how BK is doing everything he can to spin Joker being benched and Manning playing over him multiple times as somehow not a negative

The reality is JC has mishandled Joker since the moment he was hired and it makes no damn sense why he is doing it

There was no reason to pull him away from Keith Never said I agreed with changing pairings.
There was no reason to healthy scratch him Never said I agreed.
There was no reason to shackle him to a corpse wearing #23 sweater Never said I agreed.
There is never a reason to play him less then that corpse I actually stated that if its is a one off it is not a big deal but if it is a trend it is an issue.

Add in he seems to love this train wreck that is Seabrook + Manning as pairing when they continually fail miserably says enough

Except for I never said any of this and have not spun anything. I just listed facts then I stated if it becomes a trend it an issue (this means I don't agree with it). If I thought it was a good idea to bench HJ I would say that but I haven't.

Where have I ever stated I like the Seabrook/Manning combo? Hint: No where.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There are many different ways a coach can talk to the media and it’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it. To me, he came off confident when he got the job and he doesn’t now. IMO, he’s blaming the players’ effort for the team struggling, which he has done a few times already. And for me, I don’t want to hear that. If there is a problem with the compete level, tell us you’re on it and you’re going to find a way to fix it. To me, he isn’t sure how to do that so he is just diagnosing the problem in the media and hoping it works itself out. And I’ll continue to feel that way until I see results. I’m not impressed with very much of what he has done other than giving some of the young players more opportunity to play. I’m not trying to win anyone over with my opinions, just voicing them. If you’re going to respond with “LOL”, that implies to me you like his leadership qualities so far and if so, I’d like hear why.

To be clear, the "lol" was because I think you were reading into his comments to the media too much.

I think the vet's effort has been shit to be clear. I am not that opposed to a generalized call out like we saw. I don't think you can figure out what type of leader he is by this though considering the reports you get from Rockford and Finland.

Q never told the media anything did similar things.

I believe JC is using we and not they, correct?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
To be clear, the "lol" was because I think you were reading into his comments to the media too much.

I think the vet's effort has been **** to be clear. I am not that opposed to a generalized call out like we saw. I don't think you can figure out what type of leader he is by this though considering the reports you get from Rockford and Finland.

Q never told the media anything did similar things.

I believe JC is using we and not they, correct?

Yes, he said we. And this isn’t the first time he’s done it. He doesn’t seem as confident to me as he did when he took the job and that’s a red flag to me. Others may not see that and that’s ok, that’s all I have to say about it for now. We all want to see the team play better. It’s his specific job to make that a reality.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
There is a reason that was stated for moving Joki away from Keith. They said right away to maybe jumpstart him to see if he can carry a pair.

Though why he was considered not giving effort or needed to be scratched or play under 15 mins is a mystery. They should conclude by now the move from Keith has failed for both parties and move them back together pronto.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yes, he said we. And this isn’t the first time he’s done it. He doesn’t seem as confident to me as he did when he took the job and that’s a red flag to me. Others may not see that and that’s ok, that’s all I have to say about it for now. We all want to see the team play better. It’s his specific job to make that a reality.

I am fine as long as he is say we and not they. This is an indicator for me is certain situations. I don't this he has lost confidence as much as he is frustrated. Change takes time.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
How is that passive aggressive? Saying it’s his fault?

The quote is what I wish he would have said instead. That, to me, is what a confident coach what have said. Saying “we need to be honest with ourselves and start putting in more effort,” is what he actually said. He’s said something like that a few times already. Just make it happen already.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What he says to the media and what he says to the players are two very different things. People take away way too much from nothing statements made by people trained to give nothing statements.

Fair enough. I, like everyone else, want to see him coax that effort out of them.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Q- 6-6-3
JC-3-9-2

this team is exactly what they are showing they are. not good.

Last edited:

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Q- 6-6-3
JC-3-9-2

this team is exactly what they are showing they are. not good.
The team is not what they are showing. I have watched all the games and for the most part, the veterans are not putting in the effort they are capable of. Apart from Toews, it seems that the veterans have pretty well given up and are just playing for their pay checks. Even Debrincat has disappeared a few games slacking off. No doubt in mind that the Hawks have the talent to play a fair bit better than what they have been playing. I see too many giving up when they lose the puck and not trying very hard on the board and corner battles and most just chase the puck in their own end instead of knocking the opponents off the puck and clearing it. I know size is a big problem on the Hawks but they do a few with size that need to use their size much more than they have been.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
i am posting this here b/c it has every known obstacles/complication that the team is encountering ..... including some solid play remarks on reason that the team is not performing.

Patrick Kane: Blackhawks’ biggest problem is they’re ‘not ready to play’
Not being ready to play every game falls flatly on the coach who needs to be the one to motivate the team. Is it because they don't like Bowman or angry that Q was fired? We don't know but maybe it is time that the Core (Veterans) had a heart to heart talk with Wirtz and lay it all on the table. The Hawks are a total mess right now and it is not just for lack of talent or size. There are much deeper, rooted problems that need to be dealt with.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Not being ready to play every game falls flatly on the coach who needs to be the one to motivate the team. Is it because they don't like Bowman or angry that Q was fired? We don't know but maybe it is time that the Core (Veterans) had a heart to heart talk with Wirtz and lay it all on the table. The Hawks are a total mess right now and it is not just for lack of talent or size. There are much deeper, rooted problems that need to be dealt with.
i disagree with your pov and i will use your comment from another post.
Apart from Toews, it seems that the veterans have pretty well given up and are just playing for their pay checks

they the vets are giving up on this team or so it seem.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The usage of certain players doesn’t really make sense to me. Crawford seems out of it mentally and Keith is having the worst year of his career so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad