JC's Change Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
what has gotten worse?? I want you to explain to me what exactly has gotten worse under JC?? What is JC doing specifically that is worse for this team?
the defensive structure is worse then before, the effort is worse, the starts of every game, the goaltending, the special teams are worse, the teams place in the standings. tell me what is better? not playing Kunitz on the power play like he did like one time under Q.

Reactions: Blackhawks

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
There are other teams that work harder, I'll give you that...not a system issue.

Defenders making bone headed plays and forwards not covering or taking their men are another major issue...not a system issue.

Both Eddie and Jay Z both agree with that, that is not a system issue. I guess they don't know much about hockey either.

Were there system issues? Sure, just like most teams. Were they the only reason this team sucks? Absolutely not. The majority of the GA lately are because of laziness and stupidity.
where did I say the roster wasn't an issue either??? I have said that our core players haven't played well enough and we have iced too many pylons on this team....BUT you said "Most of the issues with the team aren't system related"...this is just absolute bullshit.

if you think that our systems haven't been one of the main issues on this team, then I will say it again - you are not following hockey closely enough.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
where did I say the roster wasn't an issue either??? I have said that our core players haven't played well enough and we have iced too many pylons on this team....BUT you said "Most of the issues with the team aren't system related"...this is just absolute bull****.

if you think that our systems haven't been one of the main issues on this team, then I will say it again - you are not following hockey closely enough.
maybe if u mean executing the systems i can see ur point...because there are really only a few different variations nhl teams use. these players have played in all of these systems there whole lives. nothing is going to be completely new its not rocket science.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the defensive structure is worse then before, the effort is worse, the starts of every game, the goaltending, the special teams are worse, the teams place in the standings. tell me what is better? not playing Kunitz on the power play like he did like one time under Q.
the defensive structure is worse then before - so why do you think that is? do you understand how difficult it is to switch systems from zone to man??

the starts of every game - the Hawks have started soooooo many games shitty under Q, you can't be serious with this one.

the effort is worse - the effort has been shit under both coaches, flip a coin if you like on that one.

the goaltending - so now the goaltending is on JC?? pretty odd that you say goaltending, because when Crow was playing better the Hawks were able to win a few games making Q and the team look more palatable...but now that Crow has had a rough stretch, it is on JC now? Good to know..

the special teams are worse - special teams blew harder than Stormy Daniels under Q...WTF are you talking about here???

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
the defensive structure is worse then before - so why do you think that is? do you understand how difficult it is to switch systems from zone to man?? yes i do understand. i also understand that at certain times over the years quenneville has them play man to man. i do understand that most of the players on this team have played man to man there entire careers besides seabrook keith and some older players that have played zone for a while. You think toews was playing zone at ND? u think they play zone at the olympics? these players are not stupid they can make the switch. most of these players on this team hadnt been with Q for that long.
the starts of every game - the Hawks have started soooooo many games ****ty under Q, you can't be serious with this one. if you havnt seen they are starting games worse then before you must not be watching.

the effort is worse - the effort has been **** under both coaches, flip a coin if you like on that one. effort is most certainly worse.

the goaltending - so now the goaltending is on JC?? pretty odd that you say goaltending, because when Crow was playing better the Hawks were able to win a few games making Q and the team look more palatable...but now that Crow has had a rough stretch, it is on JC now? Good to know.. you asked what was worse. i told you.

the special teams are worse - special teams blew harder than Stormy Daniels under Q...WTF are you talking about here??? they sucked before they are worse now. check the stats and use your eyes.. you asked i told you.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Brandon Manning is the only guy on that D playing who wasnt their entire nhl careers of 2-3 years/10 for Keith and Seabs playing for Q in the structure Q wanted.

It would take guys with training camps around 20 games in the regular season when they would say they feel comfortable. Its not about knowing or being familiar. You want to make your instincts and reactions what they are so you're not thinking out there.

One thing seemed interesting to me is they must want the goalies to play the puck differently or something is mixed up because Crawford never seemed to have so many confused on what the D are doing plays with the puck as he is having.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
where did I say the roster wasn't an issue either??? I have said that our core players haven't played well enough and we have iced too many pylons on this team....BUT you said "Most of the issues with the team aren't system related"...this is just absolute bull****.

They aren't. Most of the issues are roster make up (zero depth, worst defensive core in the league, or pretty close), no urgency in the important players' games, and a shitty special teams. 5 on 5, the team isn't that terrible, average or so.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
They aren't. Most of the issues are roster make up (zero depth, worst defensive core in the league, or pretty close), no urgency in the important players' games, and a ****ty special teams. 5 on 5, the team isn't that terrible, average or so.

They are a big part of the issue but the issues are compounding and grow off each other. They are both big issues.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
They are a big part of the issue but the issues are compounding and grow off each other. They are both big issues.
We just disagree about how much they affect this team. I think a few minor good tweaks would help, but I'd argue better depth (like actual NHL talent in the bottom 6), better Dmen (half decent top 4D), and an improvement on special teams make a much bigger difference than any major system overhaul. That and getting a coach who can motivate his players to actually show up at the beginning of the game.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Switching systems is not easy during a season. Especially when we're in the hardest stretch of games this entire season. Not to mention this team is bad, no matter the coach.

But Q had a good roster in 2017 when we scored a measly three goals in 4 games against an 8th seed Nashville team. That should've been the wake up call for everyone here that Q's systems, especially how he likes to utilize the stretch pass to move the puck up ice, was getting exploited and wouldn't work in the new NHL.

The systems did change for the better last year, but it wasn't enough of a change and with a worsening roster and an injured Crow, we weren't able to do jack shit.

Q has himself to blame for his removal. Just like Bowman will only have himself to blame for when he gets shitcanned.

Hopefully Colliton can keep the respect of the team for the rest of what will be a depressing season and the team will perform better next year with a top 5 pick, a big UFA signing, and a core that has fully adapted to a different way to play the game.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I don't want to split up Cat and Strome or Kampf and Kahun, but DeBrincat-Kampf-Kane could be an effective 2nd line.

Saad-Toews-Kahun/Sikura
DeBrincat-Kampf-Kane
Perlini-Strome-Sikura/Kahun
4th line

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don't want to split up Cat and Strome or Kampf and Kahun, but DeBrincat-Kampf-Kane could be an effective 2nd line.

Saad-Toews-Kahun/Sikura
DeBrincat-Kampf-Kane
Perlini-Strome-Sikura/Kahun
4th line

I like the idea of the following:

Saad-Toews-Kane [Kane needs to stop pouting and lift an already good Saad-Toews line to an elite level]
DeBrincat-Strome-Perlini [let this young guys build chemistry]
Hayden-Kampf-Kahun [they can be a solid to good third line]
4th line

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Anisimov Toews Kane
DeBrincat Strome Saad
Kahun Kampf Sikura
Perlini kruger Hayden

Arty pretends he's Bickell circa 2013 playoffs, Saad helps the defensively inept 2nd line, Sikura adds a bit of scoring touch to the third line, and the 4th line gets two power forwards on the wing and a Kruger for faceoffs and shot blocking.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Anisimov Toews Kane
DeBrincat Strome Saad
Kahun Kampf Sikura
Perlini kruger Hayden

Arty pretends he's Bickell circa 2013 playoffs, Saad helps the defensively inept 2nd line, Sikura adds a bit of scoring touch to the third line, and the 4th line gets two power forwards on the wing and a Kruger for faceoffs and shot blocking.
I like this one. I really want Saad and Strome together. Arty works best with Kane. Sikura needs to be called up and Kampf and Kahun should stick together.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
From Powers regarding Kane:

One way the Blackhawks can get going is by igniting Patrick Kane’s production again.
Since Colliton’s arrival, Kane has two goals in 13 games and just one goal in the past 12 games. Kane has nine assists and 11 points in those 13 games, so it’s not like he’s gone completely cold. It’s just that his 5-on-5 play has declined, and this team needs him to score goals.

In 5-on-5 play, there are a few notable differences between how Kane started the season and what he’s been doing lately. In his first 15 games, he was averaging 11.39 shots on goal per 60 minutes in 5-on-5 play. With all those opportunities, he scored six goals. In the past 13 games, he’s averaging 5.79 shots on goal per 60 minutes and has scored twice in 5-on-5 play.

It’s not about ice time for Kane. He’s averaging 17:32 of 5-on-5 ice under Colliton. It seems to be more about linemates, and Colliton has been trying him with a variety of them lately. Kane was with Alex DeBrincat and Dylan Strome for two games and then David Kampf and Dominik Kahun Sunday against Calgary. He had a total of two shots on goal in those three games.
Kane’s best goal-scoring rates this season have come when he’s played with Artem Anisimov and Brandon Saad, so it might be a line that Colliton considers. Kane scored 0.43 goals per 60 minutes with Jonathan Toews — meaning it might be best to stay away from that combination.

Regardless of who he’s with, Kane believes he can do more.

“Obviously production has been pretty light lately,” Kane said after practice on Tuesday. “It’s been pretty frustrating. Just trying to figure that out, trying to learn from what you can do better, but also go into every game and kind of as a new challenge, wipe the slate clean and try to be better that night. I think we’ve been losing here a little bit, and then when you’re not producing, it definitely weighs on you a little bit. Hopefully try to find some production here within playing the team game.”

Colliton is also aware of that.

“We’re looking for the right formula,” Colliton said. “He’s always been a guy who’s moved around a little bit. It would be nice to get some continuity, and certainly he’s continued to produce, but you want him to be able to do more and I think he can do more.”

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
JC tonight was debacle

The Joker nonsense and the line blender late that even Q would be like "WTF is this"

There hasn't been a single thing JC has done thus far to make me think he is an NHL caliber coach

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
JC tonight was debacle

The Joker nonsense and the line blender late that even Q would be like "WTF is this"

There hasn't been a single thing JC has done thus far to make me think he is an NHL caliber coach

He benched Kruger/Fortin and you can't double the same guy all night. It turns it into a blender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad