JC'S Change Tracker - Pt 2

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'm still not sure on this. I mean, he put Strome with Kampf and Perlini, that is one of the dumbest lines I've seen in a while. Should have kept Strome and Cat together, or put Strome with actual top 6 players instead of wasting games with that ridiculous combo. Kane and Cat also hasn't been met with the greatest of resultsfrom what I remember. I could be wrong, but I don't believe they have been very productive together.
he rewarded Kampf with more ice time while loading up his top 9 - I have no problems with that as nothing was really working at that time and instead of wasting Kampf on the 4th line with Thunder and Lightning, he put him in the top 9 with those two hoping they would click. You can make the case that Kampf could have gone to the wing, but JC did that because Kampf is far superior defensively to Strome and was hoping it would allow Strome more room to focus on offense and less overall responsibilities. Sorry, but I see no issue with that combo IMO.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
he rewarded Kampf with more ice time while loading up his top 9 - I have no problems with that as nothing was really working at that time and instead of wasting Kampf on the 4th line with Thunder and Lightning, he put him on the second line with those two hoping they would click. You can make the case that Kampf could have gone to the wing, but JC did that because Kampf is far superior defensively to Strome and was hoping it would allow Strome more room to focus on offense and less overall responsibilities. Sorry, but I see no issue with that combo IMO.
It's probably because we disagree on what Kampf is. I see him as a 4th line C, who can excel in that position, but isn't cut out for a top 9 role. Strome/Debrincat has worked for the majority of Stromes time here, you don't break that up just because they go silent for a few games. Perlini is as hot and cold as they get, and when he's cold he is pretty much worthless. I felt like it was a waste of Stromes abilities, and it also took away from the 4th line because you don't have that good 4th line C anymore that can eat minutes while the top 2 lines rest. The line never made sense to me, and I'm glad JC broke it up and went back to what worked. May have been too late though.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's probably because we disagree on what Kampf is. I see him as a 4th line C, who can excel in that position, but isn't cut out for a top 9 role. Strome/Debrincat has worked for the majority of Stromes time here, you don't break that up just because they go silent for a few games. Perlini is as hot and cold as they get, and when he's cold he is pretty much worthless. I felt like it was a waste of Stromes abilities, and it also took away from the 4th line because you don't have that good 4th line C anymore that can eat minutes while the top 2 lines rest. The line never made sense to me, and I'm glad JC broke it up and went back to what worked. May have been too late though.
I thought Kampf was our best player/top 2 in the home game vs Avs and then Yotes game. He isn't going to put up a ton of points but he should get rewarded for his hard work and opportunities he created. I don't view him as a top 6 player, though Hawks brass seem to think he is a 40 plus point guy in the near future. I see him as turning into a strong #3C with potential to be rotated into that second line when needed. pretty much a healthy/less physical version of Bolland IMO. versatile player.

Reactions: clydesdale line

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'll agree that Kampf shouldn't be seeing top 6 time which is what Colliton put him as the previous game. #3C at best but I know Colliton is alot higher on Kampf's offensive upside than even myself or AD.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I thought Kampf was our best player/top 2 in the home game vs Avs and then Yotes game. He isn't going to put up a ton of points but he should get rewarded for his hard work and opportunities he created. I don't view him as a top 6 player, though Hawks brass seem to think he is a 40 plus point guy in the near future. I see him as turning into a strong #3C with potential to be rotated into that second line when needed. pretty much a healthy/less physical version of Bolland IMO. versatile player.
I think there are different ways of rewarding him, but to move Strome from C to do so isn't a great idea. I could see moving Anisimov down to the 4th line to do that.

And yeah, I don't see Kampf as a Bolland type, closer to Kruger than Bolland.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He is the next step in evolution from Kruger. Caveman -> Kruger -> Kampf

upload_2019-3-29_13-58-39.jpeg

Which one is Kruger?

Reactions: LDF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad