JC'S Change Tracker - Pt 2

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
so why is the coaching staff and i am sure the FO wanting to have Joker play his off-side on defense ?? rhetorical question and idea.

maybe it is b/c the team is planning to trade a LHD in the coming weeks. so if this happens, Joker will be able to man that position until the new season.

just a wild idea of why this is happening.

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
so why is the coaching staff and i am sure the FO wanting to have Joker play his off-side on defense ?? rhetorical question and idea.

maybe it is b/c the team is planning to trade a LHD in the coming weeks. so if this happens, Joker will be able to man that position until the new season.

What's the point when we have 3 RD and 5 LD?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

It simply started as a place to play because Gus had those flashes playing RD with Keith.

The issue is flip flopping then back n forth. The game before Joki and Gus played together on their normal sides but the game after Gus is back to RD to play with Kuku

Reactions: Rick C137

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
ok i was just thinking about the tdl coming and the Bhawks trying to get involve in the trading season.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yep.

Will all the people happy about this still be if the PP goes on to faulter a lot again?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I was just thinking, could Saad help out the DeBrincat-Strome line as the RW?

I mean just because Saad didn’t elevate to a bona fide first line winger level doesn’t mean he’s a bad player. He’s still on pace to put up pretty good second line numbers.

I just have a hard time thinking we get a similar player with similar production for a cheaper contract, unless it’s an ELC of course.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I was just thinking, could Saad help out the DeBrincat-Strome line as the RW?

I mean just because Saad didn’t elevate to a bona fide first line winger level doesn’t mean he’s a bad player. He’s still on pace to put up pretty good second line numbers.

I just have a hard time thinking we get a similar player with similar production for a cheaper contract, unless it’s an ELC of course.
I've been saying for a while to put Saad with Strome.

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Saad

I think Cat and Strome will help increase Saad's value.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I've been saying for a while to put Saad with Strome.

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Saad

I think Cat and Strome will help increase Saad's value.
this is very interesting ..... i really like to see how this works out. it going to be fun.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Caggiula-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Saad
Anisimov-Kampf-Kahun
Kunitz-Kruger-Hayden

Not bad.... I guess...swap Perlini with Kunitz when he gets healthy
i don't know about that 3rd and 4th line..... it needs help.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
i don't know about that 3rd and 4th line..... it needs help.

We all know the bottom 6 depth needs help, a key goal this offseason. For now, let’s see if we can get two really good top-6 lines rolling without spending another $10 million on a free agent forward.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Toews on powerplay - from Powers’ latest article:

Toews went into detail about how the power play has evolved.

“I think we’ve always had the skill to go out there and score,” he said. “Our toughest times for the power play the last few years was just being kind of too tight, forcing plays, not really letting plays be second nature as they should be. I think that comes with changing your personnel, changing your setup a lot.

“Now we’re just comfortable in our positions, where we can almost fill in for other guys. So when the shots come and we get chances and they don’t go in, we’re just doing a better job of getting pucks back and setting it up and getting away from pressure and just supporting each other away from the puck out there. I think that and your entries is a big part of just getting yourself higher percentage of chances, eventually those chances are bound to go in and broken plays. Obviously right now we’re feeling pretty confident. We just go out there saying our work ethic has to be better than the penalty kill every time and we can get bounces.”

Reactions: Rick C137 and Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

“I think we’ve always had the skill to go out there and score,” he said. “Our toughest times for the power play the last few years was just being kind of too tight, forcing plays, not really letting plays be second nature as they should be. I think that comes with changing your personnel, changing your setup a lot.

“Now we’re just comfortable in our positions, where we can almost fill in for other guys. So when the shots come and we get chances and they don’t go in, we’re just doing a better job of getting pucks back and setting it up and getting away from pressure and just supporting each other away from the puck out there. I think that and your entries is a big part of just getting yourself higher percentage of chances, eventually those chances are bound to go in and broken plays. Obviously right now we’re feeling pretty confident. We just go out there saying our work ethic has to be better than the penalty kill every time and we can get bounces.”

#NoImprovements

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018

That was a nice way of saying we dumped a poor system with telegraphed entries and finally put a guy that’s fit to run the PP on the point.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You can't argue with the success of the PP statistically but I would prefer more net presence and not looking for the perfect play. Good PK's will let a team play on the perimeter all night long. Dirty goals will come if they get the puck to the net often.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You can't argue with the success of the PP statistically but I would prefer more net presence and not looking for the perfect play. Good PK's will let a team play on the perimeter all night long. Dirty goals will come if they get the puck to the net often.

Strome and Toews are both near the net. Having a guy just stand there is easier to defend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad