Jayson Megna Re-Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691478

The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-assigned forward Jayson Megna to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League (AHL), it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

Megna played in six NHL games with Pittsburgh, notching two goals and three points. He scored his first NHL goal against Justin Peters and the Carolina Hurricanes on Oct. 28.

Thank God D'Agostini is playing so awesome.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Bylsma loves Megna though. So I'm sure he'll be up again when half of the forward group gets injured.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm happy for Megna. At least he will get playing time in the AHL. He did well here so I am excited at the potential there (yeah I'm taking the optimistic route here).

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Did exactly what this team needs...going to the net. Drew penalties.
Scored 2 goals as a result.
Does something in the game against the Rangers that gets him demoted from Geno's wing, to healthy scratch to sent to the minors.

Thanks for trying Jayson.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Did exactly what this team needs...going to the net. Drew penalties.
Scored 2 goals as a result.
Does something in the game against the Rangers that gets him demoted from Geno's wing, to healthy scratch to sent to the minors.

Thanks for trying Jayson.

He didn't score a hat trick. That's the prerequisite for new players sticking on Malkin's line.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
Prerequisite is more like, don't be young and come in and show up the older guys. Doing so will have you dropped to the lower lines or demoted as soon as a single mistake happens. There is a reason every young guy that leave the pens doesn't have good things to say.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Prerequisite is more like, don't be young and come in and show up the older guys. Doing so will have you dropped to the lower lines or demoted as soon as a single mistake happens. There is a reason every young guy that leave the pens doesn't have good things to say.

The "FAMILY" isn't accepting new members at this time!

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Is it POSSIBLE that this was the plan for Megna all along and that we got the "shiny, new toy" syndrome?

Considering he actually played well and in most cases better than people already in the lineup, no thats not possible at all. Just because somebody is young and new doesn't automatically put them in shiny new toy territory. Only people who don't actually know what they are talking about say stuff like that.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
A young player performs way better than anyone expects him to and helped Malkin look relevant for the first time in a long time...and is then healthy scratched for D'Agostini. Why not roll with the hot hand? D'Agostini must know all the good Italian restaurants on the road and stuff like that.

Better off getting game action in WBS than being a practice body for the Pens.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Is it POSSIBLE that this was the plan for Megna all along and that we got the "shiny, new toy" syndrome?

What plan? Play better than anyone in the bottom-6, lose time for no reason, and then get sent down?

Yes, I'm sure that was the plan, actually.

You just blindly defend/excuse anything this team does.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

It probably was the plan with all the injuries when they first brought him up but he's a guy that can get different looks on different lines and there may have been some potential there.

Ahh well, glad he'll get to play in the AHL atleast.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
how could anyone expect anything from these guys anymore when after the long summer film session when they got outplayed by Isles, and scored all these goals against bruins came out and officially said: all was fine, we just didn't get lucky bounces. This thing percolates through the organization all the way down to the fourth line. They truly believe at that. That is why when on PP somehow always when on the wall fighting for the puck is always our one player against two deffensman, others don't bother chipping in because....well all we need is just a few lucky bounces...

but what do all of you morons on the board know about hockey, if you knew anything you would be writing for tribune Review...

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

The plan was for Megna to play in the AHL this year. Yes that is true. However, when a kid comes in and plays very well and proves he can make a difference at this level over guys like D'Agostini, then plans should change. Now one can argue that the long term benefit of Megna playing in the AHL is higher than the near term benefit of having him on the NHL roster, but you didn't say that.

Houston Penguin

Texas Pen
Mar 17, 2007
LA & GA to TX
Considering he actually played well and in most cases better than people already in the lineup, no thats not possible at all. Just because somebody is young and new doesn't automatically put them in shiny new toy territory. Only people who don't actually know what they are talking about say stuff like that.

Really? How many times have we seen this team bring people up to get "a cup of coffee"? This could have definitely been the plan. Whether I agree with it or not is not even my point genius. We had people placing this guy on the second line ..... if that ain't "shiny, new toy", I don't know what is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad