Jayson Megna Re-Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
I don't recall ever basing anything definitive on Megna solidifying a roster spot. I do remember saying that Megna getting a shot while Bennett and Maatta have solidified roster spots showed that the stereotypes people had about DB were wrong.

But Rags, you seem to have a curious habit of remembering things one way, and then never acknowledging prods to post support, haha.

"I'm not saying anything definitive but Megna getting a shot while Bennett and Maatta have solidified roster spots showed that the stereotypes people had about DB were wrong"

That seems about right, lol.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You first said, "I'm not saying anything definitive..." then made the definitive statement, "Megna getting a shot while Bennett and Maatta have solidified roster spots showed that the stereotypes people had about DB were wrong."

Do you honestly not see that? lol

Rags, look at the two statements, and you should realize that they're not contradictory. I can break it down for you if you like, but I have faith that your critical reading skills will allow you to do it without my help.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Rags, look at the two statements, and you should realize that they're not contradictory. I can break it down for you if you like, but I have faith that your critical reading skills will allow you to do it without my help.

Ya, gotta say rags, Rowdy is right here. Your missing a very definitive period ( " I don't recall ever basing anything definitive on Megna solidifying a roster spot. <--- that one! ... I do remember saying that Megna getting a shot while Bennett and Maatta have solidified roster spots showed that the stereotypes people had about DB were wrong. " ) in there that definitively changes how the sentence reads.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
No, I don't. If you're going to play "absolve the coach by blaming the GM" for line-up decisions on another team, you have to apply it across the board.

Nyquist, better by a mile than any forward prospect we currently have outside the NHL, is in the minors because of veterans no better than our whipping boys. Babcock himself said that he ices the 12 forwards who best help the team.

Megna is no Saad. Megna's not even a Pirri.

We have our own Saad comparable, and he's already playing in the top 9.

Young players get looks, and then sometimes get sent down despite looking solid in limited action. This is not exclusive to our team. It is, in fact, what happens on virtually every team.

That was me derpin. My mistake.

The point still stands that the Blackhawks - a team this board is holding up as the ideal in terms of giving young players their due - kept a better prospect with better pedigree and better production than Megna in the minors for years. And in a position of need to boot.

You'll hear the same complaints from Bruins fans against Julien for keeping Spooner in the minors.

People need to visit other boards from time to time.
Only thing I'll agre with is Megna is no Saad. However, he is Pirri quite easily, especially on a line with Malkin.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Only thing I'll agre with is Megna is no Saad. However, he is Pirri quite easily, especially on a line with Malkin.

Pirri was the leading scorer in AHL last year while Megna got 12 points in 56 games. Pirri is also a year younger. Megna is definitely no Pirri. They're not even remotely comparable.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Megna is tough to compare to anyone really, what people have seen of him in the AHL is different from what we saw of him at the NHL level and he's a guy that has all the tools to succeed but no one knows if is able to use all of those tools competently.

He is an intriguing prospect, getting a taste of the NHL should motivate him enough to be the player he is capable of being, we'll see how that goes in the next few months.

Some people have some incredibly high expectations of him, to the point where they are definitely setting themselves up for being disappointed.

I want to see him succeed as well, but I want to be cautious too.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
I hope megna comes a good 3rd line forward. A Dupuis if you will :D

But I still have memories of Konstantin Koltsov .... all those wheels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->