Prospect Info: Jayden Struble Part 2

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Usually not to let a guy too long in the NCAA....but no problem with him staying.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I really think he need to stay in the NCAA and be a force for NE next year. He miss a lot of games and we have a lot of young Dmen in the system next year.

Reactions: dralaf

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For some of these kids that are trying to decide to return or turn pro, I know some will look at the team and see who else is leaving, do they have a shot to win a National Championship next season. For NU the big thing is what does Levi do, does he leave for the Sabers or stay another year? I just saw NU's best player Aidan Mcdonough informed the Nucks he will opt to return for his Senior year (ouch as there will be a lot of talk about if he will sign with him as he will be highly sought after if he wants to be a UFA, no clue there) with them missing the Jackson brothers almost all year, and aside from Harris, Kislin and Novak, they would return everyone else so they could be a very good team next year. Not saying that Struble would look at that or not, just saying it could be an important factor.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
For the record, Northeastern has a somewhat unusual style academic policy for a University where most students take 5 years to graduate and are required to work semester long internships at some point during their career there. Not sure if this is the case with athletes, but it was somewhat impressive for Harris to graduate in 4 years. Finishing his college career may not be as big a motivating factor for Struble if he's farther away from finishing his degree though.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For the record, Northeastern has a somewhat unusual style academic policy for a University where most students take 5 years to graduate and are required to work semester long internships at some point during their career there. Not sure if this is the case with athletes, but it was somewhat impressive for Harris to graduate in 4 years. Finishing his college career may not be as big a motivating factor for Struble if he's farther away from finishing his degree though.

The difference being that Harris had stated right off the bat his intention to finish school.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Struble said the same thing. I don't think he flat out said if they offer him a contract he'll sign it. So it's possible for him that he would prefer to turn pro.

Reactions: jaffy27 and dcyhabs

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Better for the Habs to have him in Laval next year. With Romanov, Guhle and Harris in front of him, if he stays one more year in NCAA, maybe he will not want to sign. Also, the best place next year to play more games is with Laval. If graduating at 20 is good for Romanov, Barron and Guhle, it should be OK for Struble at 21 next fall. He is strong and mature physically. He needs to play a lot, make mistakes for sure, but play often.

Reactions: jaffy27

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
In montreal

-twitter
FPDzQCHXwAIQh1N.jpeg

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Laval are away until next week too, he could really just be here for the JB show to
Yea i dont even think he can play for Laval this year anyways,maybe your right and hes a Belieber but just find it weird that he picks MTL over all the other cities in the states JB is touring in

Maybe he just wanted to visit the city for the future

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Yea i dont even think he can play for Laval this year anyways,maybe your right and hes a Belieber but just find it weird that he picks MTL over all the other cities in the states JB is touring in

Maybe he just wanted to visit the city for the future
I mean Boston-Montreal is not far either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad