Prospect Info: Jayden Struble Part 2

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I thought he got hurt and was wondering if there was an update. I cant ask questions..?

no he played the last game but the Habs don't give injury updates so if he was injured there likely wouldn't be much info on it as just look at Ylonen, Vejdemo, Stapley, Guhle, etc... not a peep on them.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I think Struble will use the loophole and not sign with the Habs. He'll see Harris, Guhle, Romanov, Norlinder all ahead of him and opt not to sign :razz:
Possible. But I think the Habs will make a big push to sign him. High second round pick.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
After Guhle, he is my second favorite D prospect on Habs.

He is a top 4 D-man for sure in my mind (maybe more), he can make all play if he want, hit, offense, defense, he can be a gamer defenseman... no doubt about that.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
After Guhle, he is my second favorite D prospect on Habs.

He is a top 4 D-man for sure in my mind (maybe more), he can make all play if he want, hit, offense, defense, he can be a gamer defenseman... no doubt about that.

I think he is a for sure bottom pairing guy if he stays healthy because he is such a physical specimen of a human but depending on how much he puts it together could anything from a 1 to a 7 he is that impressive from an athletic standpoint and it will solely come down to how much he can develop his tool box to keep as many of his tools he can in.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
hope he can take a big leap this year. One of my faves too. agreed with Captain97 on his 1 to 7 assessment. He's tough to project. Not sure he quite has #1 skill though. This year will be an interesting one for sure.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
also wanted to point out that if Struble can stay healthy and covid doesn't f*** things up, this will be a longer season then usual for him as NU will play over 40 games this year as they have 39 + 1 exhibition game on the schedule then add in the HE playoffs and hopefully the NCAA tournament.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I guess I could make an easy '' dude, I've been strengthening my groin since puberty'' joke but I'm just too happy he might finally be rid of that issue to bother :laugh: Him having a full, healthy season would really put him at the top of our prospect pool.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
a breakout season from Struble would be great to see. I would like to see the new coach reunite the Struble Harris pairing as their #1 unit and top PP unit.
I could see it, their styles are fairly compatible and they could really help each other out as a pairing , at least on the PP . Struble is so pro active on the ice that I could see them prefering to pair him with a purely meat and potatoes, stay at home type 5 on 5 though. They've got 3 returning seniors and 3 juniors on defense so they'll have plenty of options .

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I could see it, their styles are fairly compatible and they could really help each other out as a pairing , at least on the PP . Struble is so pro active on the ice that I could see them prefering to pair him with a purely meat and potatoes, stay at home type 5 on 5 though. They've got 3 returning seniors and 3 juniors on defense so they'll have plenty of options .

they played well as a duo during Struble's Freshman year. The problem for the new coach is that after Harris and Struble he doesn't have much else. there's Kislin who Harris played with much of the time last season, there's the big bodied Bucheler who is a likely partner if they stick with Harris Kislin as the top pairing leaving Spott and maybe Davenport as the bottom pairing as I don't believe they have any other incoming D.

The big question for NU this season is how good is Levi in net since he never played in a game after getting injured at the WJC's for Team Canada. As their offense should be pretty sick as long as Colangelo has a better season. I am also interested to see how the undrafted Ryan St. Louis does.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
they played well as a duo during Struble's Freshman year. The problem for the new coach is that after Harris and Struble he doesn't have much else. there's Kislin who Harris played with much of the time last season, there's the big bodied Bucheler who is a likely partner if they stick with Harris Kislin as the top pairing leaving Spott and maybe Davenport as the bottom pairing as I don't believe they have any other incoming D.

The big question for NU this season is how good is Levi in net since he never played in a game after getting injured at the WJC's for Team Canada. As their offense should be pretty sick as long as Colangelo has a better season. I am also interested to see how the undrafted Ryan St. Louis does.
This is what I expect, with Kesselring not being back, he'll be expected to step up in that #2 RD slot .

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Reactions: Sagikev and 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I really like that article. Timmins comparison at draft is Charlie McAvoy, with his production in NCAA, the potential to become a pretty good defenseman in NHL are there. Can Struble become a McAvoy 2.0? I don't know, but #3-#4 two-way with physical ability, 30-35 points, that's a good projection with his skillset.

The thing is, a lot of times when guys lift too many weights, without paying attention to their core, they have groin problems.

Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Northeastern has started their on-ice practices. Here is Struble (#3):

E_W4zAGXIAM0CVv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->