Prospect Info: Jayden Struble Part 2

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
My favorite D prospect behind Guhle.

He is the D prospect who have all things combined to dominate in NHL.

Guhle, Struble, Romanov... they are going to make big impact on Habs roster, we are going to enjoy very good defensive group for long time!

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Charlie McAvoy, a 6’ 208 lbs excellent two-way dman, produced 26 pts in 38 games in his 2nd NCAA season. Jayden Struble, a 6’ 205 lbs two-way dman produced 12 pts in 18 games (pro-rated to 26 pts in 38 games) in his 2nd NCAA season, without 1st PP & a Clayton Keller type player.

I know McAvoy is pretty good defenseman, but the stats are there and Struble have all tools to dominate too.

Reactions: RandomTask26

cheeseburgers

Jan 23, 2020
don't know if it will ever get out but something about it seems fishy to me. There's a thread on Bouchard a few pages in, I got to run to catch the Northeastern game
A fellow NCAA fan I see. It's nice to see that division has a full set of teams this year.. looks like the Bobcats took care of them, though- that could be a good sleeper college hockey team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
A fellow NCAA fan I see. It's nice to see that division has a full set of teams this year.. looks like the Bobcats took care of them, though- that could be a good sleeper college hockey team.

yes, long time NCAA fan, I saw the first period and Quinnipiac looked good, NU was having trouble with them for sure. Hockey East should be a lot of fun this year between UMass, BC, BU, NU, Providence and whoever else. I watched a little of the BU-UConn game last night and I was surprised to see how well UConn was doing against BU.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I was at the Northeastern game yesterday, Harris was pretty putrid, Struble though not great had a superior game.... again

Seen all 3- Northeastern games, Harris is not at all impressive. Struble has been the more impressive prospect & he’ll get the benefit of the doubt... a really big boy who seems to have put on more mass over the summer

Jul 6, 2016
I was at the Northeastern game yesterday, Harris was pretty putrid, Struble though not great had a superior game.... again

Seen all 3- Northeastern games, Harris is not at all impressive. Struble has been the more impressive prospect & he’ll get the benefit of the doubt... a really big boy

Is Harris injured ? Is he regretting not signing last Spring with the Habs ?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Is Harris injured ? Is he regretting not signing last Spring with the Habs ?
I’ve got no way of telling if Harris is hiding an injury, skating stride seems normal, but he just doesn’t have any aspect of his game that’s a notch above to make him standout.

Struble on the other hand is a mean SOB, hits to hurt (which also has its negative aspects.. mainly getting out of position), so even if he isn’t trying to lead a rush or generating anything offensively has the physical element at his disposal.

Will be curious to see how they do vs BC on Friday

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
I’ve got no way of telling if Harris is hiding an injury, skating stride seems normal, but he just doesn’t have any aspect of his game that’s a notch above to make him standout.

Struble on the other hand is a mean SOB, hits to hurt (which also has its negative aspects.. mainly getting out of position), so even if he isn’t trying to lead a rush or generating anything offensively has the physical element at his disposal.

I thought (was told) that Harris had elite skating and stickhandling + great positioning for a D....

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I thought (was told) that Harris had elite skating and stickhandling + great positioning for a D....
Harris is a better skating Josh Gorges, can he take that next step remainder of this season & potentially AHL? Remains to be seen.

Struble has boom potential because of his athleticism but does he possess the ability to learn & quickly process teachings into execution at the next level?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Will be curious to see how they do vs BC on Friday

TY for the feedback

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Seen all 3- Northeastern games, Harris is not at all impressive. Struble has been the more impressive prospect & he’ll get the benefit of the doubt... a really big boy who seems to have put on more mass over the summer

I have only watched parts of the last 2 games but Harris was better then Struble imo, I only saw the 1st period in the last game but he was far from putrid, he didn't even make a single mistake. Struble looks faster to me but still can't do much with the puck in the offensive zone.

Reactions: tinyzombies

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I have only watched parts of the last 2 games but Harris was better then Struble imo, I only saw the 1st period in the last game but he was far from putrid, he didn't even make a single mistake. Struble looks faster to me but still can't do much with the puck in the offensive zone.
Struble made two boneheaded (bad decision) plays that lead to Quinnipiac goals - that’ll be the ultimate question can he develop the NHL level anticipation (read & react) skills required for next level of play?

Other than skating Harris does everything avg vs peers (shooting, passing, vision, anticipation), and has nowhere near the natural athletic ability of Struble

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Struble made two boneheaded (bad decision) plays that lead to Quinnipiac goals - that’ll be the ultimate question can he develop the NHL level anticipation (read & react) skills required for next level of play?

Other than skating Harris does everything avg vs peers (shooting, passing, vision, anticipation), and has nowhere near the natural athletic ability of Struble

Not sure what you are talking about as Harris has well above average vision and passing skills. The only knocks on Harris are size and perhaps his shot. The kid has a high hockey IQ and has the potential to be a very good PMD at the NHL level if he can learn to mitigate his size/strength disadvantage.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not sure what you are talking about as Harris has well above average vision and passing skills. The only knocks on Harris are size and perhaps his shot. The kid has a high hockey IQ and has the potential to be a very good PMD at the NHL level if he can learn to mitigate his size/strength disadvantage.
Would recommend actually watch him play at Northeastern.... he’s ok not much more.

Quinnipiac was the first good team they played (yesterday). Both Bentley & Holy Cross were mediocre teams and Harris was not impressive

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Would recommend actually watch him play at Northeastern.... he’s very meh. Quinnipiac was the first good team they played (yesterday). Both Bentley & Holy Cross were mediocre teams and Harris was not impressive

I have watched him play and I do not value your opinion on his play as it seems to be grossly ill informed and unqualified.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00