What? You mean like a raisin?

1664474246716.png

You know.. now that I think about it. He looks more like a thumb

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I can't get over that this is being talked about so much the last 24 hours. Didn't most of us already know this even when he was in Bakersfield?
tbh no I didn't. I even watched the Littlest hobo series once in awhile when I was a kid. He was in one episode so would be hard to know about unless one specifically did an IMDB check.

Few people, a very small segment of the board check into the bakersfield thread much. If the team was based in Edmonton maybe the following would be greater. If it was mentioned there maybe 10% of the board would see it.

Seems like a surprising amount of stars on the Hobo series. Deforest Kelley from Star Trek. Surprised if Kirk isnt' in there somewhere. Canadian production. Looks like a few Woodcrofts and several Follows were on the program. Megan Follows of Canadian content fame. heh. Even the King of Kensington was on there. I know more than I should about Canadian content and I didn't know Jay was in productions.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Reactions: bone and Drivesaitl

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Based on media and fan postings, looks like hardly anyone knew about it. First I had heard of it.

Yeah, sounds like the common refrain. I'm just surprised as it was one of the first things I told my wife about him, and while I obviously follow the team closely I've generally assumed things I already knew must be common knowledge. Not this time I guess.

It definitely a fun story. I'm really enjoying the clip from the second movie as I hadn't seen that one, and that ones hilarious.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
tbh no I didn't. I even watched the Littlest hobo series once in awhile when I was a kid. He was in one episode so would be hard to know about unless one specifically did an IMDB check.

Few people, a very small segment of the board check into the bakersfield thread much. If the team was based in Edmonton maybe the following would be greater. If it was mentioned there maybe 10% of the board would see it.

Seems like a surprising amount of stars on the Hobo series. Deforest Kelley from Star Trek. Surprised if Kirk isnt' in there somewhere. Canadian production. Looks like a few Woodcrofts and several Follows were on the program. Megan Follows of Canadian content fame. heh. Even the King of Kensington was on there. I know more than I should about Canadian content and I didn't know Jay was in productions.

I wish I could remember how I found out, it's been so long I totally forget. I always thought it was twitter or here but seeing as the most common members of the Oiler Twittersphere and long time posters on here are acting so shocked, I have no idea how I found out.

Reactions: bellagiobob

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I can't get over that this is being talked about so much the last 24 hours. Didn't most of us already know this even when he was in Bakersfield?

Seems like one of those things that the info was out there, but no one really paid attention.

Just like how long was Chia's name on the website for running the Oil Kings before someone finally came across it and it became a story.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I wish I could remember how I found out, it's been so long I totally forget. I always thought it was twitter or here but seeing as the most common members of the Oiler Twittersphere and long time posters on here are acting so shocked, I have no idea how I found out.
I did know that woodcroft was part of a long hockey fraternity going way way back. He sure has a lot of relatives that have been involved in the game. Some real connected people. This has helped him somewhat in hockey, and apparently other endeavor that I don't know about.

But the Woodcroft hockey fraternity I've posted on before.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I did know that woodcroft was part of a long hockey fraternity going way way back. He sure has a lot of relatives that have been involved in the game. Some real connected people. This has helped him somewhat in hockey, and apparently other endeavor that I don't know about.

But the Woodcroft hockey fraternity I've posted on before.

Found out his brother Craig is coaching in the KHL from that article that was saying the government was urging players to come back.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Speaking of which, you can see that creeper in action at the Metro / Garneau tonight (Kinski, not the coach). Great film
Kinski and his daughter can both act.

Fitzcaroldo and Aguirre were big flics at Princess Theater back in the day. I mean they are slow but if you get into the mood of the films they are classic. Cat people. Daughter was just as weird in a good way.

Reactions: Oilhawks

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Been a bit of a weird year for Woodcroft for me.

Was really excited at start of training camp to see what what he could do. Took awhile for this team to get rolling. I was pretty disappointed with Woodcroft in 2022. But he has this team rolling right now.

I just think the team itself (probably more so the players) have been pacing themselves for a long year. Seems like they knew what they are capable of. (Getting Ekholm also helps). Now they have ramped it up heading into the playoffs.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Been a bit of a weird year for Woodcroft for me.

Was really excited at start of training camp to see what what he could do. Took awhile for this team to get rolling. I was pretty disappointed with Woodcroft in 2022. But he has this team rolling right now.

I just think the team itself (probably more so the players) have been pacing themselves for a long year. Seems like they knew what they are capable of. (Getting Ekholm also helps). Now they have ramped it up heading into the playoffs.

Possibly pacing, possibly getting used to the dynamics of coaching a full season vs. a partial season, and possibly just not overthinking. I think we all agreed that Woodcroft kept outsmarting himself and getting in his own way during the first half of the season.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
They turned it around in January tho???

Yup, I think it was a few things. They were starting to buy into the message more, and Woody and Manson started to cut the bullshit a bit and went to what works. Then they called up Desharnais for an ingredient they lacked in the d corps. Trading for Ekholm further accentuated these changes and gave the team more stability and defensive swagger (and also unlocked Bouchard again and gave Nurse some breathing room to return to play at his peak levels).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad