Waived: Jay Rosehill

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
I would have preferred Rosehill to Rinaldo to be honest. Rosehill showed he had good hands around the net last year. Maybe thats his only other skill besides fighting, but he was ferocious. Rinaldo can hit when he's on his game, which rarely happened last year. But thats about all he brings.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I would have preferred Rosehill to Rinaldo to be honest. Rosehill showed he had good hands around the net last year. Maybe thats his only other skill besides fighting, but he was ferocious. Rinaldo can hit when he's on his game, which rarely happened last year. But thats about all he brings.

nope

RJ8812*

:laugh:

sallahoose

May 13, 2014
Im not really a big rosehill fan, but I think they kinda kept him around cuz the other players seem to like him. At practices he kinda keeps guys "loose" it seems he probably realizes he isnt gona get in many games so he jus tries to do what he is "good" at ? maybe im wrong

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I don't know who I'd rather have, but I'll be honest and say that I started out hating the guy and the signing, but he has really grown on me. That being said, our fourth line is better without him on it.

No issue not having rosehill although I wouldn't be surprised if once they know Simmonds is healthy Jones will get sent back down.

Not having an enforcer isn't bothering me as much as how small they are up front. Is anyone besides Vinny bigger then 220lbs?

I thought hexy would u 'd have poached one the Kings many big forward like Nolan, Clifford or Andreoff.
Why would that be a problem? Boston doesn't have heavy forwards, either, and they seem to do just fine being mean and nasty. Chicago also seem to be thriving without them. I just don't see how this lack of poundage in and of itself would have much of a negative influence on the game.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There was never any intention for Rosehill to be a regular this season so i'm surprised that others are surprised he was sent down. They will likely carry him as the 13th forward at times and he will get into some games due to injuries and if we play against a team with a true heavy like Toronto with Orr. We have far too much depth for Rosehill to be a regular.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I want a 4th line that can effectively play 9-11 minutes per game. I wanted Vernon Fiddler so badly for the 4C slot. I hope Bellemare can be effective.

Looks pretty damn good so far, and already has chemistry with Akeson and Rinaldo. He seems to be agile and escape hits and and is able to slither his way up the ice. I like what I see for sure.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
There was never any intention for Rosehill to be a regular this season so i'm surprised that others are surprised he was sent down. They will likely carry him as the 13th forward at times and he will get into some games due to injuries and if we play against a team with a true heavy like Toronto with Orr. We have far too much depth for Rosehill to be a regular.

Orr got waived, too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...j--colton-orr-among-the-waived-172852897.html

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Any guesses as to what the Phantoms lineup will look like this season? I'm more excited about the Phantoms this year than I have been since the Richards & Carter days.

Could look something like this? I'm sure I have a lot wrong though, I am no expert on the Phantoms

Alderson-Laughton-Straka
Gordon-Cousins-Leier
Rosehill-Vandevelde-Powe
Goumas-Stortini-Hextall
Fyten

Alt-Hagg
Manning-Ghost
Pettersson-Lauridsen
Delisle

Stolarz
Zepp

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Could look something like this? I'm sure I have a lot wrong though, I am no expert on the Phantoms

Alderson-Laughton-Straka
Gordon-Cousins-Leier
Rosehill-Vandevelde-Powe
Goumas-Stortini-Hextall
Fyten

Alt-Hagg
Manning-Ghost
Pettersson-Lauridsen
Delisle

Stolarz
Zepp

Leier-Laughton-Gordon
Alderson-Cousins-Straka
VandeVelde-Goumas-Hextall
Rosehill-Powe-Fyten
Stortini

Hagg-Alt
Manning-Gostisbehere
Lauridsen-Pettersson
Deslisle

Zepp
Stolarz

Not too sure on the bottom 6 forwards but...

That should be the top 6.
Alt and Pettersson will be on the right side.
Zepp will start.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
http://mobile.philly.com/sports/flyers/?wss=/philly/sports/flyers&id=278455631

Sorry for the mobile link (on phone) but look at those comments! People actually saying they are done with the Flyers since they dont have goons anymore. Glad I dont post there.

In the Facebook group, I got called every kind of name and accused that I've "never laced em up once in my life" because I said that Rosehill didn't do much for the team. People compared him to guys like Clifford, Nolan, et al., when Clifford and Nolan play over double the minutes of Rosehill.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
It will be interesting to see what opponents do when Rinaldo starts taking runs at top 6 opponents. Enforcers are never fighting the true culprit anyway, but I am worried because the Flyers like to play on the gray area of the rules.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
It will be interesting to see what opponents do when Rinaldo starts taking runs at top 6 opponents. Enforcers are never fighting the true culprit anyway, but I am worried because the Flyers like to play on the gray area of the rules.

I'm not worried. Flyers have plenty of tough customers who can actually play and have shown they aren't afraid to mix it up.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I would hate to play against the Read, Couts, Simmer line.

Getting outworked by a medium-sized Read, Couts quietly plays a dirty game, and so does Simmonds and Simmonds is ready to drop the gloves if you look at him sideways. He takes zero guff. A lot of tart on that line.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I would hate to play against the Read, Couts, Simmer line.

Getting outworked by a medium-sized Read, Couts quietly plays a dirty game, and so does Simmonds and Simmonds is ready to drop the gloves if you look at him sideways. He takes zero guff. A lot of tart on that line.

Yeh, on paper that line is awesome. Read and Couturier just suffocate offences with their great positioning and great stickwork, Couturier has the intuition to know what is going to happen from a defensive standpoint seconds before it does, and Simmonds is a nasty forechecker who is pound for pound one of the toughest guys in the NHL.

Oh... and it has in Read and Simmonds one ~25 goal scorer and one ~30 goal scorer.

I wonder how chippy Malkin or Crosby get with Couturier this year with Simmonds 5ft away?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
simmonds isn't close to be a heavyweight, lucic would destroy him. rosebud had beaten lucic.

Simmonds has beaten Martin and Moen and put up great fights vs Bickel, Prust and Mashinter.

He is not a heavyweight... and would very likely lose to Lucic, but he can go head to head with good fighters and do a decent job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad