Waived: Jay Rosehill

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I don't know how decreasing our depth and making the team worse is a good way to deal with one of the best teams in the Conference.

Toronto tried to outbully Boston and failed. Montreal has the correct formula: ignore them. Play hockey. Let them get frustrated that you're ignoring them.

And then have patches get knocked unconcious ? Who is chara going to have to answer to on this flyers team?

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Surprised that the Philadelphia Flyers are gonna go into a season without an Enforcer, im not against it, it's different though that is for sure

Evergreen

And then have patches get knocked unconcious ? Who is chara going to have to answer to on this flyers team?

Well if he knocks Giroux unconscious, I'm assuming he'll have to answer to Quintal.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
what do you mean "that contract?" It's not like he's getting paid a lot

I was thinking of that Jodi Shelley contract... still - will anybody pick him up I wonder. I guess since he is on a 1-way NHL deal does this mean he is really, truly gone?

I don't disagree with not dressing an "enforcer" but don't mind having Rosehill in the lineup against Toronto. That's literally the only team that I think warrants somebody like him with McLaren and Orr and some other piece of crap elbowing everybody in the head.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Dedicated enforcers who are crap at hockey don't prevent a thing. The only people who could have any such impact are decent players who are also tough.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

Lol, what? Who does Chara answer to in general?

Hockey's a fast, physical, emotional game. That means injuries. Sometimes off of cheapshots.

Enforcers don't reduce cheapshots. That's a total myth. Enforcers may respond to cheapshots, but they have absolutely nothing to do with preventing them.

That's another way of saying enforcers are useless.

The best kind of "enforcer" in today's game is a guy we already have. Wayne Simmonds. As far as I'm concerned, you don't need a heavyweight to get the same effect (and more, actually).

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
tumblr_mq6dovRsrt1rm00dso1_500.gif

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
So Chara injures Giroux. Rosehill comes on the ice, the Bruins score two goals before Rosehill can even go up to Chara, but when he does, he says LET'S GO YA BIG DUMB MEANIE! Chara says, na. Rosehill does __________________________

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
So Chara injures Giroux. Rosehill comes on the ice, the Bruins score two goals before Rosehill can even go up to Chara, but when he does, he says LET'S GO YA BIG DUMB MEANIE! Chara says, na. Rosehill does __________________________

And even if they do go, what happens then? They fight and it's over with. Rinse and repeat.

We're still without Giroux, and nothing is truly resolved except some fans carnal desire to see someone get beat up.

Some would say, "Yeah, but next time Chara will think twice!". To which I say, BS.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
The only people who should make Chara pay in this context, is the opposing team's PP unit.
The enforcer game is all but extinct in today's NHL. Good move

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Fill in the blank? Cool.

So...there are two options. He either skates off...

Or he forces Chara to fight, gets held at arms' reach because Chara is a sideshow monster, before going to the box and putting his team a man down for a while possibly without even taking Chara with him.

So useful.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
How incredible is it to have a lineup that may make complete logical sense?

While I would have had Laughton up, every single decision so far has been totally defensible. It's weird...

It's also nice to see Akeson earn his spot. He had to work harder for his role than anyone else on the team, imo. It's amazing that we will actually have a solid fourth line. Even if Rinaldo is on it. It's been so long since we've had one.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Team toughness is better than just having Rosehill.

Morin, Schenn, Rinaldo, and Simmonds are all capable of taking care of their teammates.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
How incredible is it to have a lineup that may make complete logical sense?

While I would have had Laughton up, every single decision so far has been totally defensible. It's weird...

It's also nice to see Akeson earn his spot. He had to work harder for his role than anyone else on the team, imo. It's amazing that we will actually have a solid fourth line. Even if Rinaldo is on it. It's been so long since we've had one.

2010 isn't that long ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad