GDT: Jay Beagle vs Blue Jackets 11/11/14 7:00 EST

Vladiator16*

This should be something like 5-2 ass whooping... So... we hopefully win it in SO.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Injury list:
Nathan Horton
Ryan Murray
Brandon Dubinsky
Sergei Bobrovski
Artem Anisimov
Jack Johnson
Fedor Tyutin (Questionable)
Matt Calvert
Mark Letestu
Cody Goloubef

They better win this one. :laugh:

I dread these games. Didn't we lose a couple of them to Buffalo last year? The GDT gets particularly gloomy and panicky when we underperform against a lineup that is supposedly mostly AHLers.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Washington Capitals
Verizon Center – Washington, DC
BIG PRICE DROP
down29%
vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
Tue, Nov 11 at 7 PM
from $8

Driving as well as parking will be most difficult due to the Valor concert on the Mall a few blocks away. Metro will be the best option and even that could be problematic due to the concert attendees before and after the game.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I dread these games. Didn't we lose a couple of them to Buffalo last year? The GDT gets particularly gloomy and panicky when we underperform against a lineup that is supposedly mostly AHLers.

Oates.jpg

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm not overly concerned about 83 being on 1L because Trotz has shown that he will shift things around very quickly if he doesn't think the combination is working. In fact, I would almost be more surprised if 83 does end up spending whole game there. I would expect Kuz or MoJo or Fehr (unless he is scratched) to show up there for at least a shift or two unless 1L comes out blazing and puts up points. I would especially expect to see changes if we're behind and need to jumpstart the O.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I'm not overly concerned about 83 being on 1L because Trotz has shown that he will shift things around very quickly if he doesn't think the combination is working. In fact, I would almost be more surprised if 83 does end up spending whole game there. I would expect Kuz or MoJo or Fehr (unless he is scratched) to show up there for at least a shift or two unless 1L comes out blazing and puts up points. I would especially expect to see changes if we're behind and need to jumpstart the O.

Agreed, already crossed my mind.. yeah he said he wants 92 to be a C so he leaves him on 4th line.. but if that 1st line isn't clicking I can bet 92 goes to 1RW and 83 back to 4C.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I would love to see the media's reaction if Ovie puts up 3+ goals in the first 25-30 minutes. Bet it wouldn't even come close to Crosby's 5 assist against Buffalo.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
McPhee isn't in charge anymore. Hopefully this is one aspect of the team that changed. Plus, he always extended those depth contracts a year before they hit UFA anyway. ;)
His capologist and scouts all remain so time will tell. It sounds like MacLellan overall is waiting to see how players adjust so it's maybe not anything that will happen soon but I surely wouldn't discount it.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009

That is what usually happens. They bring up a bunch of hungry minor league player and they out work us at every level of the game.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Hilarious quote from Trotz re: Hartnell:

"There's always a yard sale around him, be it players or him or equipment or something."

I don't know what the context was, I'm assuming Trotz said it good-naturedly. But it made me laugh anyway.

Edit:
Nevermind. Here's the full quote, via CSN. Actually very complimentary. He meant yard sale as 'debris,' not teams shipping off players.

Fourteen years ago tonight, Blue Jackets left wing Scott Hartnell scored his first NHL goal as an 18-year-old member of the Nashville Predators. Barry Trotz was behind the bench that night against the Boston Bruins.

“We were in an expansion era and he was 18 years old and we thought we could be patient with him but we didn’t have enough players that were good enough,” Trotz recalled.

“He was a real big body for us. We had a small team. What he continues to do is he always works hard. He goes to those hard areas. He always played with emotion on his sleeve. He was a good young player for us and he’s had a great career.

“If you’re going to find Scott Hartnell, there’s always a yard sale around him. There’s always debris, be it players or him or equipment. That’s from going to hard areas.

“On the ice he plays edgy and sort of raw and off the ice he’s as considerate and as nice a man you’re going to meet in the game.”

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I'd love nothing more for beagle to suddenly become an elite 1rw with the discovered amazing chemistry playing with 8, 19. Beagle scores tonight. :laugh:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'd love nothing more for beagle to suddenly become an elite 1rw with the discovered amazing chemistry playing with 8, 19. Beagle scores tonight. :laugh:

That's more unlikely scenario than Caps signing Jonathan Cheechoo from KHL and him scoring 56 goals again this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad