GDT: Jay Beagle vs Blue Jackets 11/11/14 7:00 EST

Vladiator16*

Yep. Though, I do think Kuznetsov can be bumped up to the 3rd line, with Chimera going to the 4th. Even Fehr - Kuznetsov - Ward would work.

Mojo-Bura- Kuz, looks like a very creative line, altho a bit green and on the soft side (attributed to the age), but why not try something interesting?

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
Other than Wilson returning to the top line when he's back, I liked our lineup tonight. Good effort from everyone. Holtby was a bit shaky, but what's new there ?

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Mojo-Bura- Kuz, looks like a very creative line, altho a bit green and on the soft side (attributed to the age), but why not try something interesting?

I agree with Vladiator. Kuz is chomping at the bit to show his stuff -- give him the linemates. Too soft? Your top line is plenty tough with Ovie and Wilson.

evilash616

Nov 5, 2014
Dear Barry Trotz,

After watching to nights game I want these lines;

Kuznetsov-Backstrom-Ovi
Mojo-Burakovsky-Wilson
Laich-Fehr-Ward
Chimera-Beagle/Latta-Brouwer

Please do not make me address Santa.
That is all.

P.S. I get that some of these players are injured, I'm talking about when we get them back, supposedly on Fri.

P.P.S. Jay Beagle DID beat Columbus.

Sincerely,
Some guy who just wants the Caps to finally win a Cup.

Vladiator16*

I agree with Vladiator. Kuz is chomping at the bit to show his stuff -- give him the linemates. Too soft? Your top line is plenty tough with Ovie and Wilson.

True, but balance thru the line up is important too, but yeah, as an experiment, i think, it would be fun to see.

evilash616

Nov 5, 2014
Kuznetsov needs to play with other skilled players, players who complement his better qualities.

He looks like he's trying to do to much playing with grinders. Put Ovi back on the right side and play him at 1LW. LW has the least defensive responsibility for a forward. Cause let's be honest with ourselves, Kuzy wasn't drafted to play defense.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Trotz can hardly find enough ice-time for Burakovsky many nights. Pumping Kuznetsov up is asking wayyyyy too much unless he flat out kills it individually. Kuznetsov doesn't really seem to have the determination for that in the short-term.

Chimera isn't earning his ice-time so moving Fehr to wing and Kuznetsov to the third line makes sense. Slot Fehr down once Laich returns for another cameo. That's a start.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Kuznetsov needs to play with other skilled players, players who complement his better qualities.

He looks like he's trying to do to much playing with grinders. Put Ovi back on the right side and play him at 1LW. LW has the least defensive responsibility for a forward. Cause let's be honest with ourselves, Kuzy wasn't drafted to play defense.
Yeah, Trotz is going to put the best goal scorer of this generation on the RW to accommodate Kuznetsov on the top line when Ovi is a natural LW and Kuzya is a natural RW.

evilash616

Nov 5, 2014
Ummmmm... the last time I checked Ovechkins career was kick started last season when switched to the right side, plus he's playing probably the best defensive play of his career right now. Not saying he's an amazing defensive forward, just saying he can handle it. Just want to see Kuz get it going. Maybe trying the Russians together wouldn't be a bad thing. If it doesn't work, stick Kuz back on the fourth line, cause that's what makes sense.:sarcasm:

That last line was sarcasm just in case it wasn't clear.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
Kuznetsov needs to get some "contact" allergy medication.. Dude has sick puck handling skills but I don't see how he's going to be an NHL center, on the 3rd line at that, w/o being able to muck it up at least a little.. He needs to put on some weight and hit the weight room, imo.. Bulk up a little, learn not to shy away from contact so much and take it from there.. If soft ass MoJo can figure it out, surely Kuzy can! (And that's not a slight on MoJo.. He was soft as butter until Trotz came along and set him straight! Kid is a new player!)

And how about Jav Beagleovski with the perfect setup passes! lol Hopefully those 2 bad penalties he took will make Trotz forget about his 2 pretty passes in 14 games and move Fehr back to the 1RW..

Chimera and Beagle with Latta on the 4th line would be fine with me.. Move O'Brien up to the 3rd with Kuzy and Ward!

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Lol Trotz to Kuzya. You want to take forever coming to the NHL I take forever finding you in the top six. Jk. Seriously it just seems like Trotz wants him to prove he's strong enough and defensively aware to be trusted. Even tonight he shied away from some stuff along the boards. Still the kid is awesome and I hope he's well adjusted going into the home stretch. They're going to need him.

Loved what I saw from MJ90 tonight. He had a very confident play where he head faked a shot and took it strong to the crease. He keeps that up with his speed and he could become a threat. I still don't think he has a shot but it's nice to see improvement in a Caps players game when we are used to seeing the decline of the young guns.

Burakovsky95*

Ummmmm... the last time I checked Ovechkins career was kick started last season when switched to the right side, plus he's playing probably the best defensive play of his career right now. Not saying he's an amazing defensive forward, just saying he can handle it. Just want to see Kuz get it going. Maybe trying the Russians together wouldn't be a bad thing. If it doesn't work, stick Kuz back on the fourth line, cause that's what makes sense.:sarcasm:

That last line was sarcasm just in case it wasn't clear.

Switching wings isn't gonna lump more defensive responsibility on him lol so that point means nothing. Ovechkin is a natural LW. You're buying into Oates' stupid philosophy thinking that he's any different on the right vs. the left.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Kuznetsov needs to get some "contact" allergy medication.. Dude has sick puck handling skills but I don't see how he's going to be an NHL center, on the 3rd line at that, w/o being able to muck it up at least a little.. He needs to put on some weight and hit the weight room, imo.. Bulk up a little, learn not to shy away from contact so much and take it from there.. If soft ass MoJo can figure it out, surely Kuzy can! (And that's not a slight on MoJo.. He was soft as butter until Trotz came along and set him straight! Kid is a new player!)

And how about Jav Beagleovski with the perfect setup passes! lol Hopefully those 2 bad penalties he took will make Trotz forget about his 2 pretty passes in 14 games and move Fehr back to the 1RW..

Chimera and Beagle with Latta on the 4th line would be fine with me.. Move O'Brien up to the 3rd with Kuzy and Ward!

I wouldn't mind this and I'm a Chimera fan. He can make up his ice time on the PK and I don't think he is going to pout playing on the fourth line. Any of those players can fill in the 3rd or 4th line without an issue to chemistry. The luxury of having guys like Chimera and Ward is great to have for these situations.

As for Wilson on the first or second line, I'm all for it. I don't expect him to be Lucic, but he keeps teams from taking cheap shots and potentially opens up ice for guys like Johansson and Bura. I see him getting a lot of garbage goals in his career.

Overall, the season is still very young so it is just a matter of time before Kuz moves up on the roster. I rather have this tinkering situation now than in late February. If the Caps can develop the killer instinct and put away teams, look out Eastern Conference.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Kuz doesn't deserve a promotion.

Talk like that reminds me of the Oates era, when there were many guys saying Wilson didin't deserve promotion. And half a year later he's awesome on the 1st line.

Playing Kuzya on the 4th line makes little sense as he's not good enough at the defensive and physical aspects of hockey. He's a creative playmaking winger/center, he just usn't good there. Try to experiment with the 3rd line, it isn't great now...

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Fehr-Kuz-Ward does make some sense, I agree.

Fehr is like 3rd best LW-capable player now if you think Bura is C for time being.

Chimera could certainly play 4LW (also, Fehr too, they can interchange). I think Kuz playing with either Fehr or Chimera is better than LOB. I dont see any chemistry with Kuz and LOB at all. They think differently.

Chimera-Latta-Beagle then as a 4th line (when Wilson is back).

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Lol Trotz to Kuzya. You want to take forever coming to the NHL I take forever finding you in the top six. Jk. Seriously it just seems like Trotz wants him to prove he's strong enough and defensively aware to be trusted. Even tonight he shied away from some stuff along the boards. Still the kid is awesome and I hope he's well adjusted going into the home stretch. They're going to need him.

Loved what I saw from MJ90 tonight. He had a very confident play where he head faked a shot and took it strong to the crease. He keeps that up with his speed and he could become a threat. I still don't think he has a shot but it's nice to see improvement in a Caps players game when we are used to seeing the decline of the young guns.

I just think trot has his defensive and physical priorities. He wants Nelson or brouwer
on his lines. He would rather have be able than kuz to fill for wilson. That may be a mistake
but it seems pretty clear.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

And how about Jav Beagleovski with the perfect setup passes! lol Hopefully those 2 bad penalties he took will make Trotz forget about his 2 pretty passes in 14 games and move Fehr back to the 1RW.

All of this. Kuz looked disturbingly like Circles last night. Holding the puck too long, refusing to shoot it, and then peeling off too late and too high in the zone rather than push through to get the puck in deep with possession.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
All of this. Kuz looked disturbingly like Circles last night. Holding the puck too long, refusing to shoot it, and then peeling off too late and too high in the zone rather than push through to get the puck in deep with possession.

I think that may be a product of who hes playing with.. Maybe not, not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad