Player Discussion Jason Zucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
wish we had a stat to show who scored against the top 15/16 out of the playoffs teams in the regular season...don't know where zucks would fit in but yeah.
just look who the top 15/16 are, then look through player game log stats for those games. All that info is available.

Not sure it would mean much though anyway since teams gameplan more in the post season.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Zucks has been pretty bad in the playoffs. Teams take away his speed and he doesnt fight to the front of the net well.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
I think Zucker's problem in the playoffs is that a lot of the grabby/interference type plays go uncalled because the NHL wants the refs to put their whistles away. His game is so reliant on speed that when that gets taken away from him it's hard to be productive. He doesn't have great hands so if he doesn't get a shot off the rush than he has a hard time in the corners and on the boards when the players have a little leeway when engaging him.

Reactions: 63firebird

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
4 pts. in Dec. Oof. Love what he can bring to the team with his speed and feistiness, but a scorer who doesn't score isn't much good. Especially when he is getting loads of time playing with our best playmaker(Granlund).

Nino and Zucker haven't exactly outdone themselves since getting their big boy contracts.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Exactly. I believe his value is still high... I think that window to deal him for a great package is still out there.
Which is why we should deal him now! Move out the players with some value(excluding granlund and Dumba) and give Coyle and Nino some consistent spots and just hope they can improve their value. All of this goes on while we rack up some decent picks.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not nearly as high as it was in the summer. That's when we should have moved him... now it's about trying to cut the losses.
Move a 33 goal scorer when our team need is goal scorers? Bold move...sure would have to have been for someone real good.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I mean, his value definitely would have been higher in the summer, but trading him after that season he just had was never on the table.

Reactions: TheeNorthStar

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Move a 33 goal scorer when our team need is goal scorers? Bold move...sure would have to have been for someone real good.
It comes down to how you see him as a player. I've made no secret about how I perceive his limitations. What we're seeing now is what I've always feared would happen if he got paid.

He's only got one tool in the toolbox, speed. You defend that lone tool well, he's got nothing else to beat you with. The opposition knows this and thus they do as much as they can to negate that speed and let his own limitations elsewhere negate him as a threat.

Reactions: Wabit

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Not nearly as high as it was in the summer. That's when we should have moved him... now it's about trying to cut the losses.
I agree but as AKL said, I believe many were not on board with that. Regardless, as we stand today, sure way may not got an A+ grade package for him but a B+/A- package is for sure out there.

That's okay with me.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I agree but as AKL said, I believe many were not on board with that. Regardless, as we stand today, sure way may not got an A+ grade package for him but a B+/A- package is for sure out there.

That's okay with me.

I'm actually worried that Fenton isn't even shopping him.

Everything I've heard has been Coyle and Nino.
But Zucker has gotten premier opportunities this season and is just as bad.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm actually worried that Fenton isn't even shopping him.

Everything I've heard has been Coyle and Nino.
But Zucker has gotten premier opportunities this season and is just as bad.

Teams must be ringing Fenton’s phone off the hook then.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It comes down to how you see him as a player. I've made no secret about how I perceive his limitations. What we're seeing now is what I've always feared would happen if he got paid.

He's only got one tool in the toolbox, speed. You defend that lone tool well, he's got nothing else to beat you with. The opposition knows this and thus they do as much as they can to negate that speed and let his own limitations elsewhere negate him as a threat.
He's no McDavid, but he's no Darren Helm, either. He is probably faster, but has a high of what, 15 goals? There was that guy who played for VAN and TOR, was it Hansen?....lightning fast...had no idea how to score.
Zucker has a shot, and some moves. To say he has nothing but speed ignores how hard it is to score goals in this league, and the skills it requires.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Teams must ringing Fenton’s phone off the hook then.

Not saying they are, I'm just saying that if Fenton is shopping Nino and Coyle he should be shopping Zucker too. None of them are a tier above the others in terms of value. And Zucker hasn't done anything to be given a pass if there's a deal to be made.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

He's the fastest skater on the team -- and the only other forward after Parise that actually shoots the puck. The Wild can't afford to let him go until they find someone else who will actually shoot.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He's the fastest skater on the team -- and the only other forward after Parise that actually shoots the puck. The Wild can't afford to let him go until they find someone else who will actually shoot.
4pts in the month of December, and we can't afford to let go of him?

What good is his shooting doing anyone?

we must have some nhl players on the team that the fans will pay money to watch , zucker stays!
People will pay to see a team win regardless of who is on it. Zucker is not helping get wins.

Get some players in here who will.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Staal shoots the puck,...remember when Nino used to shoot the puck? Would like to see Kunin start ripping a few. That was supposed to be his thing, wasn't it? We've seen fight, grind, even skate fast.....all fine and well, but where's the damn shot?

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
He's no McDavid, but he's no Darren Helm, either. He is probably faster, but has a high of what, 15 goals? There was that guy who played for VAN and TOR, was it Hansen?....lightning fast...had no idea how to score.
Zucker has a shot, and some moves. To say he has nothing but speed ignores how hard it is to score goals in this league, and the skills it requires.
Jonathan Cheechoo scored 56 goals one year. Lets not act like it's soooooo hard to score goals in the NHL.

Zucker has always been a 1 trick pony.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
we must have some nhl players on the team that the fans will pay money to watch , zucker stays!
Yeah we have Parise, Syter, Dumba, Granlund, Brodin and Dubnyk...

thats enough.
from the few games I've been this season.. the arena is not as full as it used to be when we initially got Parise and Suter and our "young guys" were actually young. The fan base is growing fatigued of this current roster...

Reactions: 907
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad