Player Discussion Jason Zucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Jonathan Cheechoo scored 56 goals one year. Lets not act like it's soooooo hard to score goals in the NHL.

Zucker has always been a 1 trick pony.
Scoring goals is the number one skill most in demand by GM's, and, in most cases, the standard by which players are judged. Until games are decided by style points, or corsi%, or some other metric besides whoever gets the most goals wins, then it will remain that way.

Cheechoo scored 56 goals
Buster Douglas Ko'ed Tyson
Leicester won the Premier League
Brady Anderson hit 50 HR's in a year

These are anomalies, and in no way represent the norm.

If it's sooooooo easy to score goals in the NHL, then why can't MN do it so they win some games?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Scoring goals is the number one skill most in demand by GM's, and, in most cases, the standard by which players are judged. Until games are decided by style points, or corsi%, or some other metric besides whoever gets the most goals wins, then it will remain that way.

Cheechoo scored 56 goals
Buster Douglas Ko'ed Tyson
Leicester won the Premier League
Brady Anderson hit 50 HR's in a year

These are anomalies, and in no way represent the norm.

If it's sooooooo easy to score goals in the NHL, then why can't MN do it so they win some games?

Because they have Zucker? This question really needs to be a multiple choice answers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Because they have Zucker? This question really needs to be a multiple choice answers.
Well, let's trade Zucker and let all the other goal scoring aces on this team pick up the slack! Ek just scored 3 goals in two games how about him?
Or Kunin? Nino? Who? Tell me who else has scored over 30 goals on this team in a season recently? I didn't realize that we had so much scoring talent!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well, let's trade Zucker and let all the other goal scoring aces on this team pick up the slack! Ek just scored 3 goals in two games how about him?
Or Kunin? Nino? Who? Tell me who else has scored over 30 goals on this team in a season recently? I didn't realize that we had so much scoring talent!
The point is, Zucker himself isn't a goal scoring ace either. Trade him now while he still has value in hopes of improving our goal scoring chances in the future.

On a team that lacks goal scorers... he's only 5th on the list of goal scorers. Someone like Granlund not being top 2-3 makes sense, since he's never been considered a "goal scorer" in the first place, so pacing as he is, is par for the course. Yet he's still ahead of Zucker, who's supposed to be one of our better goal scorers?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So let us speculate: who is going to give us a scoring solution for a struggling player?
The best bet would be picks and/or prospects... Pool Party is one such prospect.

Either that or someone coming up on an expiring contract that won't re-sign with their team that maybe we could get to want to extend here... such as Panarin?

Just some spitball ideas that I'm sure you could have thought of as well...

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
So let us speculate: who is going to give us a scoring solution for a struggling player?
Looking at GF/GP the Wild are a league average team. The insinuation that we need a "goal scoring solution" for Zucker is pretty misguided.

I'm sure there's a handful of GM's out there who would gladly give us a couple picks or prospect + picks. Zucker turns 27 in two weeks, his legs won't last for long. Trade him while he still has the perception of a 30g scorer.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Looking at GF/GP the Wild are a league average team. The insinuation that we need a "goal scoring solution" for Zucker is pretty misguided.

I'm sure there's a handful of GM's out there who would gladly give us a couple picks or prospect + picks. Zucker turns 27 in two weeks, his legs won't last for long. Trade him while he still has the perception of a 30g scorer.

Sweet. Hell yeah to mystery boxes!

The mystery box could even be a future Zucker!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Sweet. Hell yeah to mystery boxes!
At some point you have to realize player and roster limitations and work to try to remove said limitations.

The Wild as a team struggles with puck skills across the board. Zucker is one of the most limited players on the roster puck skill-wise, yet is playing a top line role on this team. We can't afford to have such puck skill limited players eating up top line time like that when we clearly are desperate for more puck skill across the board.

If we had more skill across the lineup, we may be able to afford to have Zucker in the top 6, but considering even our top line center (Staal?) is struggling with his puck skills... it's just killer for this team possession-wise.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boats are sweet AND they help you score.

You're being facetious

But get a nice boat and take it out on Lake Minnetonka or the St Croix next summer

Tell me you don't score more than the Wild do from June through August

Reactions: BagHead

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You're being facetious

But get a nice boat and take it out on Lake Minnetonka or the St Croix next summer

Tell me you don't score more than the Wild do from June through August

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Jonathan Cheechoo scored 56 goals one year. Lets not act like it's soooooo hard to score goals in the NHL.

While yes that was a huge anomaly, he did score 28 goals the year before, 37 goals the year after and 23 goals the year after that. Also I think the double hernia surgery diminished what skills he had. He went the way of Cam Barker. Slow players after the lockout got crushed. But yeah injuries really derailed his career.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
dubnyk? LOL! brodin worth the price of admission? please. suter & parise use to be. dumba was having one great year , one. maybe granlund maybe. now zucker uses his speed to create chances , sure they all don't go in but hes fun to watch. I've always thought he needs another speedy winger to compliment him. if i was in charge i'd try to have atleast 4 zucker type players in the lineup not just one!

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
The best bet would be picks and/or prospects... Pool Party is one such prospect.

Either that or someone coming up on an expiring contract that won't re-sign with their team that maybe we could get to want to extend here... such as Panarin?

Just some spitball ideas that I'm sure you could have thought of as well...[/QUOTE

Jesse Puljujarvi: 33 points in 122 games= prospect, acquire by trading one of our top goal scoring wingers

JEE 27 points in 117 games=bust

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Jesse Puljujarvi: 33 points in 122 games= prospect, acquire by trading one of our top goal scoring wingers

JEE 27 points in 117 games=bust
Pulj has that 4th overall shine to him still which will naturally make him worth more in a trade. Not arguing against you as I agree, just saying.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Actually agree with you here. I wouldn't touch Puljujarvi with a 10 foot pole.
I would be okay with him in a deal. Just not the primary piece. Would probably be nice to have some Finnish players next to him.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
I believe Zucker will make that contract look good by the end. He is a Wild forward with actual talent and a great mentality.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
When the Wild scored 12 goals in two games against Montreal & Florida in mid-December and Zucker came out of those two games with only a single powerplay assist I gave up all hope.

Another pedestrian performance by him today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad