Jason Spezza Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I mean, there isn't much of an argument to be made. Speed/Agility wise he was very slow to start the season and in general is a usual step below average skating wise.

I remember when we used to say it was because of his long stride.

When he's on he looks fast though. When he's on.

Especially when he is recovering from back/knee injuries or when he has a groin problem. When healthy he skates much better.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Great points. Explains why Spezza is better at "O" then "D". He doesn't have the quickness to react to situations like turnovers especially in his own zone. Thus he needs to limit his bad plays there.

Well, it makes it worse. Part of it is also his unwillingness to take the body, and preference to go for the puck strip. But part of this is likely due to his back issues etc. as contact is tough for him some times, so I don't blame him for it based on being lazy per se.

But I can't deny it looks that way sometimes. Probably at the heart of his issues with MacLean as well.

R2010

May 23, 2011
How about Spezza to the New York Islanders in exchange for the 5th overall pick this year (which they keep - deferring next years pick to Buffalo), Travis Harmonic and Michael Grabner.

Spezza and Tavares enjoyed playing together beforehand. They're both C's but I imagine they would work the PP together and certainly some other shifts since Tavares can play wing. They're a team that had a bad year after JT went down but they're clearly only a goaltender away from being close to the playoffs.

For Ottawa they would get a Top4 Dman in Harmonic and a forward with speed and scoring touch (at least some) in Grabner. The 5th overall lets Ottawa pick someone like Michael Dalcolle (C/LW) whose a big power forward that fits the mold of what the senators are hoping to do in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad