Jason Spezza Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Absolutely amazing how much negativity he got at the start of the year he clearly was injured and since coming back has been out best forward and might also be our MVP since a week before the break. Down the stretch he has proven to me atleast he cares A LOT and seems to have settled down in his captaincy role.

CLEARLY the best center on this team and for me atleast trading him isn't an option unless we are getting something better than Turris and Zibby who seem to be falling under the pressure of the run.

Vicarious

Oct 11, 2007
Toronto
I've always been a Spezza player. It's hard to find him proper line mates, but when they are found he is an amazing player. Glad to see him and Hemsky developing some chemistry.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I don't think many of the people who posted non stop about how Spezza is done, and how getting a winger for him is a waste, are going to be making an appearance here.

Spezza has been amazing for a while now, and he and Hemsky are almost unstoppable. It is really a joy to watch.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I don't think many of the people who posted non stop about how Spezza is done, and how getting a winger for him is a waste, are going to be making an appearance here.

Spezza has been amazing for a while now, and he and Hemsky are almost unstoppable. It is really a joy to watch.

haha yup they are all in hiding

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Spezza rules. He rules even harder with Hemsky. Hope we can re-sign him.

Haters, line up here
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Ever since he came back from injury he has looked like the old Spezza. Especially the last few weeks. We are lucky to have such a great centre, and he is very deserving of the captaincy.

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
I really wasn't sure if Spezza was going to fully recover from his injuries, but, never wanted to see him go. Glad he's picking up his play.
As long as he keeps it up and maybe is able to sharpen up defencively, he could be a great leader by example. I've been hoping he'd grow into the C.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Where were they for the first 50 minutes of this game? They do have some good chemistry but Spezza has had a poor season even by his standards with only 50 pts when most expected 70 to 80 pts from the guy. But to be fair the whole team has had a terrible yr when much more was expected. I've never been a fan but I've also said on many occassions that the team is better with him than without him but he does make a lot of turnovers & giveaways. I also like Hemsky & Spezza & Michalek who if he ever gets his game back would give them three solid forwards on one line. NOt sure if they will make the playoffs but IMO they now have enough good peices for next season, if the right guys are signed.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Have we spent this whole time wondering if we should be looking for a winger that Spezza can set-up while all along we should have been looking for a winger to set-up Spezza?

They sure looking dynamite together. I know Hemsky has only played 3 games with Ottawa but I would lock him up tomorrow if I had the authority.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
So he waits until it is too late to start performing?

Hopefully we can re-sign Hemsky.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
Have we spent this whole time wondering if we should be looking for a winger that Spezza can set-up while all along we should have been looking for a winger to set-up Spezza?

They sure looking dynamite together. I know Hemsky has only played 3 games with Ottawa but I would lock him up tomorrow if I had the authority.

If Hemsky fits in our budget for next year I am assuming this he will be signed in a week or two. If is the exact same approach BM used when he brought over Andy despite being out of the race. You give a guy a road test at a relatively low cost, and then sign if they are lights out.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Hemsky & Spezza works because Hemsky is literally Spezza lite. Both guys are on the same page during the game

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Maybe Alfie's blank cheque is still sitting on a desk, waiting to be signed. Just scratch Alfie's name off and put in Hemsky's.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Spezza has worked with so many wingers people just made up how he doesn't cause he sucked with Condra... Ya Condra

Heatley
Alfie
Michalek
Greening
Butler
Eaves

All had career years with him off the top of my head.

Give him someone with hockey iq and he is even better

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Hemsky happened. But Spezza has been dominant in the last 5 games or so.

What a ****in waste of a roster spot Michalek has been.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It should be noted that Spezza's backcheck, or lack thereof, on the final goal was disgusting. He completely gave up on the play and could have stopped Jones from finishing us off. There is no excuse for that lack of effort, especially in such an important game, in which we battled hard to get to overtime.

However, other than that play he has been excellent lately. Showing a lot more heart and determination than he did earlier in the year, and has been producing when it matters. Loving the chemistry with Hemsky. Those two look like they have been playing together for years.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It should be noted that Spezza's backcheck, or lack thereof, on the final goal was disgusting. He completely gave up on the play and could have stopped Jones from finishing us off. There is no excuse for that lack of effort, especially in such an important game, in which we battled hard to get to overtime.

However, other than that play he has been excellent lately. Showing a lot more heart and determination than he did earlier in the year, and has been producing when it matters. Loving the chemistry with Hemsky. Those two look like they have been playing together for years.

Karlsson is the defense for me he was horrible today lime horrible in his own zone. He thinks too much about offense same on the ot goal

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Spezza played a lot in the back end of the third and had been on the ice for a while when the Phillips turn over happened. And as another poster mentioned, Jones is 19, Spezza is 30. "Disgusting" is a pretty big exaggeration.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
He played some of the worst hockey of his career and now he's quietly roared back to crack the top 30 scorers. Someone stake me on my 50 vcash, I bet you he'll crack the top 15 scorers this season.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
Spezza played a lot in the back end of the third and had been on the ice for a while when the Phillips turn over happened. And as another poster mentioned, Jones is 19, Spezza is 30. "Disgusting" is a pretty big exaggeration.

Haters gonna hate. This thread is going better than I was expecting when I first saw it pop up. That will all degenerate by the time it hits page 3, but at least rational fans had a brief moment where they could give their captain the credit he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad