Player Discussion Jason Pominville

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
On 1 hand...what a great ending encapsulated in that game.

On the other...1 more year? He still outplays a significant amount of our trash. He's a true respected vet.

This is 2006 Gab talking for sure. It'll pass.

Love you Pom. One of the best Sabres.
I actually do agree that he’s been underrated this year. That being said, no f***ing way I re-sign him.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Great player and I'm glad we got to have him on our team. What a way to send off.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Some great moments -- hearing about him taking to the bench even though he still had a broken leg during a Q playoff serious. He sat, in gear, to be with his 'mates. Passing through waivers and going on to 1000 games? Impressive. He was a good pro, and it's time.

Thanks Poms. The population went up one more time. We appreciate everything you went through, all we knew, all we didn't know. Thanks.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Who doesn’t love all his moments in Buffalo? But it’s over, he’s done.

If Pommers is in lineup next year, means we suck again

Reactions: Rasmi

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Who doesn’t love all his moments in Buffalo? But it’s over, he’s done.

If Pommers is in lineup next year, means we suck again

no reason we cannot sign him to be a 7th top forward. He still is productive in the top 6. When someone is injured or needs a good benching, Pominville can fill in

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
no reason we cannot sign him to be a 7th top forward. He still is productive in the top 6. When someone is injured or needs a good benching, Pominville can fill in
Yes. Knowing the Mayor i say that he most assuredly still wants to play, so question is where.
A two-way contract in any other location than Buffalo or possibly Minnesota seems improbable
becouse of his family situation, although possibly on a contender where their minor team is real close. For more than one reason he won't ask for much in cash, so maybe someone would even give him a one way for like a million.

But another option is Europe. I think they were more than willing to go over the whole lot during the lockout. Derek Roy has been in Sweden the last two years so that might be an option(Although not resigned as of now), but as a professional its probably almost as comfy to just get onto any team with a couple of north americans on it, use the whole deal as an extended vacation in Europe to broaden perspectives.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If he wants to sign for ~2 mil AND we can pull off a miracle and get Ghostposo off the roster then sure. Having a ~15 goal RW with vast playoff experience wouldn't be the worst thing. He is what he is, he will have a hot 3-4 weeks that inflates his production and then disappear for 10 games at a time. With Ghostposo here we cannot commit half of our RW to 2 old, slow mediocre players.

At least we only have FOUR! more years of Ghostposo.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Maybe we watched different Pommers, but he was absolutely useless outside playing aside Eichel. He's not a good option for a forward for depth. Do not want him in the Sabres Organization unless it's for an Assistant Coaching position in Rochester or Buffalo.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I'd bring him back for Rochester (I'd even give him a one-way one-year deal for $2 million or something to entice him to do so), but that's about it.

He shouldn't sniff the NHL roster here.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I'd bring him back for Rochester (I'd even give him a one-way one-year deal for $2 million or something to entice him to do so), but that's about it.

He shouldn't sniff the NHL roster here.

I don't know how he or his family feels about relocation or a long commute from here, but I think it would be awesome to see him in the Porter role in Rochester. Whatever he does I'm sure they make a role for him within the organization if he wants it.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Maybe we watched different Pommers, but he was absolutely useless outside playing aside Eichel. He's not a good option for a forward for depth. Do not want him in the Sabres Organization unless it's for an Assistant Coaching position in Rochester or Buffalo.

That's the whole point. Pominville is not useless in the top 6, but is useless playing on the bottom 6.

I'd sign him with specific instructions to the coach that he only is a fill in for the top 6. He is not to be playing a depth role on the bottom 6. If he is not in, he is in the press box

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would rather they look for someone who can do something away from Eichel be it PK or defend or pressure pucks with speed than bother to spend any more money on Poms. Give his minutes with Jack to KO and it will be similar or better production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad