Player Discussion Jason Pominville

sabregoat

Sep 22, 2005
Hamburg, NY
He has 9 points in 11 games so far this season.

If he continues to stay healthy and productive and wants an NHL job next year, someone will offer him a contract.
He had 11 points thru 11 games last year. He is in the twilight so it is difficult for him to maintain this pace. That being said, he should find a job next year but not with Buffalo. There will be too many youngsters pushing for spots that should be up next year. If they move out other players, then maybe.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
What are your thought of what it will take from the Mayor this season to get a new deal done with the club? Performance, competition and contract length and dollars?

If he wants to do a 1 year deal at limited money, fine by me. Stick him on the 4th line and PP2. Can always move up in the event of injury or shake-up.

If he wants any sort of term at all? Noooooooooooope.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He had 11 points thru 11 games last year. He is in the twilight so it is difficult for him to maintain this pace. That being said, he should find a job next year but not with Buffalo. There will be too many youngsters pushing for spots that should be up next year. If they move out other players, then maybe.

Even if he has a year like last year (16g 34 pts), he'll get an offer.

Gionta did even after choosing to go to the Olympics first.

He might not have a spot in Buffalo. But, I don't think his playing career is over unless he doesn't want to play any longer.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
This is personal to me becouse we are the same age to the very day. Firstly i'll feel old when he quits, secondly i have followed him since he was drafted so that would create a void if he quits.
I gotta say though that whenever his NHL career is over i do believe Europe is not out of the question for a year or two, although family life sure is one important part of such a decision. There are probably more problematic people out there than his family though.
Another hurdle is that both Yanick Lehoux and Jochen Hecht is no longer active in Europe, so i guess i'll have to have a look after other possibilities. Derek Roy is here in Sweden now for example.
Either way he is a professional so it might just be a matter of signing somewhere and join a new group.

Last edited:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He has 9 points in 11 games so far this season.

If he continues to stay healthy and productive and wants an NHL job next year, someone will offer him a contract.

Sorry I meant for us I'd want him ad a coach I didn't mean he couldn't find work at all.

Kc232

Hi
Aug 12, 2008
if you would have told me JayP was going to be point point per game through 14 contests, i would have laughed in your face. Pretty incredible.

(yes, his linemates are due a lotta credit, but still)

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Not to sound salty but he needs more love on the main board for his accomplishments. Really is the perfect professional. He's a great role model for young kids locally. So glad for him today.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Pommers works so well with Eichel and Skinner. Those guys have to be grateful to have that finisher on the line who can get to the net and not whiff on the puck 20 times before sending it wide. Half of Pommers goals must be him just getting to those soft spots near the net and connecting on those tap in's that Jack/Jeff dish up. Doesn't sound so complicated on its face but apparently it is if you look at a lot of other guys on the team. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: SatanwasaSlovak

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
if you would have told me JayP was going to be point point per game through 14 contests, i would have laughed in your face. Pretty incredible.

(yes, his linemates are due a lotta credit, but still)

He’s putting himself in a position to succeed. Can’t fault his effort at all.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
The things I used to HATE about Pominville from like 05-09 revolved around the fact that he would just constantly shoot right at the net without taking a moment to look for the extra play or try and create a deke at the goalie.

A decade later, and the NHL has changed and the dynamics on this team have changed and his willingness to shoot is paying off in spades. If he can stay with these guys on this line another year or two, he's got to be considered a top-10 player for this organization and I respect the hell out of him.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
He's playing like a true veteran. Just so clever at times. He basically outsmarts the defenders on a consistent basis and with one of the best skaters in the league and a great talent like Eichel the line is very good. I mean, i felt bad for Ottawa at times, it looked like shooting practices in front of their net at times last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->