Prospect Info: Jason Kasdorf (2015 via trade) – '15-16: RPI #33 (NCAA)

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Was definitley the most impressive goalie, then again he was on the better team. (Imo better team but it seemed pretty obvious throughout the game blue was better) And like you said, no Lieuwn Ullmark or Makarov who are all at least decent prospects. Definitely liked what I saw from Kasdorf more than Johannsen or Pettersen though, and there is something to be said there. Murray is building a nice little group of goalie prospects where more than likely one of them will pan out to be a solid pro tendy

To give credit where credit is due - Lieuwen, Ullmark, and Peterson were drafted by Darcy. Makarov was undrafted and signed by Darcy.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Nice piece. He certainly is an under the radar guy, and even more so because of what else was involved in that trade, so it's nice to get some background on him. And as stated in the beginning of the article; no, it's not likely that Murray just randomly picked a name and said "throw him in too". Most of us think trading for Lehner was overpayment and Kasdorf more of a headscratch. Time will tell if Murray has an eye for goalies. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
winnepeg has some grade A goalie prospects ahead of him, i'm sure Murray tried to extract one them in the trade which is probably how Kasdorf's name came up as an alternative. At the end of the day, Murray would have pulled the trigger without him in the trade, but 'peg didnt bat an eye at including him either. He was a throw-in but it doesnt mean he's worthless either.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
I am hoping to get some good reports this year since my son will begin his freshman year at RPI on tuesday

i'm a born and raised trojan, your son chose the right time to come to troy, lots going on right now. and the rpi home games are an institution, phenomenal student section.

hopefully i can get some video on kasdorf this year to share.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
i'm a born and raised trojan, your son chose the right time to come to troy, lots going on right now. and the rpi home games are an institution, phenomenal student section.

hopefully i can get some video on kasdorf this year to share.

I went to RPI once and there was a convention at the college and people were dressed up like hobbits. Some dude threw a ketchup covered French fry at a group of Harry Potter kids, screamed "bit by a vampire", and ran off down one of the big ass hills at that school. I decided it was a silly place.

billsandsabres

lurking
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
troy, ny
I went to RPI once and there was a convention at the college and people were dressed up like hobbits. Some dude threw a ketchup covered French fry at a group of Harry Potter kids, screamed "bit by a vampire", and ran off down one of the big ass hills at that school. I decided it was a silly place.

sounds about right. adam oates and joe juneau though!

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
In RPI's 3-0 loss to UMass-Lowell on Friday, Kasdorf stopped 35/38 .. nothing to hang his head about on the GA either, as you'll see in the included highlights that those were off a multiple-chance rebound, deflected wraparound, and cross-ice one-timer:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects -

Jason Kasdorf has 29 saves as RPI leads #1 Boston College 1-0 end 2nd. Outdueling Thatcher Demko (VAN) thus far.

Jason Kasdorf just made a HUGE stop. Three way passing play, dives across for the save. BC pressuring. RPI clings to 2-1 lead on BC w/ 1:52 to go.

Jason Kasdorf was the man, making 36 saves to lead RPI to a 2-1 win over #1 Boston College. Rochester product Riley Bourbonnais 2G for RPI.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Another 35+ save performance from Kasdorf this afternoon .. a very solid outing in RPI's 2-1 win over BC and finished with 36 saves .. BC's goal came on a third period PP and beat Kasdorf five-hole, as he was caught in-between respecting the cross-crease pass to Bracco that Sanford looks to have heeled five-hole .. improves to 1-1-0, 2.00 GAA, 0.947 SV% .. here's the full game archive via RPI TV: https://youtu.be/eCyddxZcyRc

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects -

Jason Kasdorf with 22 saves as RPI tops Union 5-1. He had the shutout going until the Dutchmen finally got one past him with 2:46 to go.
(LaxSabre - The two teams face-off again on Saturday night - 7:00 pm ET - in Troy, NY.)

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Jason Kasdorf made a total of 49 saves in a two game sweep of Union. He made 22 saves in Fridays 5-1 win and 27 saves in Saturdays 3-2 win.

Kasdorf Stats - Games Played - 7 - Record - 3-4-0 - Goals Allowed - 18 - Saves - 218 - Shots Faced - 231 - Goals Against Average - 2.60 - Saves Percentage - .922

Next weekend Kasdorf and RPI go on the road - Clarkson on Friday and St. Lawrence on Saturday.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Chippy game between RPI & Clarkson, with Kasdorf getting run several times, and leaving early in the third period with a LBI.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/ogd02/clarkson-skates-to-tie-with-rpi-20151107
The game was controversial as Clarkson’s Jeff DiNallo collided with RPI goalie Jason Kasdorf at 7 minutes, 5 seconds of the third period. Kasdorf tried to stay in the game, protecting a 2-1 lead, but 54 seconds after play resumed he skated to the bench and had to come out. DiNallo was also injured on the play, lying on the ice clutching his knee and barely making it back to the bench with assistance.

He later returned to the game.

“It was a flat-out, dirty play,” RPI coach Seth Appert said. “The league needs to look at it. It was as dirty of a play as there is. It’s the third game in a row that the league has allowed a goalie to get run, without calls. He ran him, as hard as he could.”

Kasdorf had frustrated Clarkson (5-1-1 overall, 0-0-1 conference) throughout the game, stopping 28 of 29 shots, including several good scoring chances. His replacement, Cam Hackett, made his NCAA debut when he entered the game and stopped 10 shots in 17:01.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Kasdorf is "50-50" to play this weekend per: http://www.uscho.com/2015/11/11/rensselaer-has-plenty-to-prove-to-itself-this-season-appert-says/
The Engineers had a good weekend at Clarkson and St. Lawrence despite being without their top two centers in Miloš Bubela and Evan Tironese, and goalie Jason Kasdorf, who left the game against the Golden Knights after being run into by forward Jeff DiNallo in what Appert called “a pretty dirty play.†(Video of the play is available here, starting at the 2:15 mark).

DiNallo was suspended for Clarkson’s ensuing game as a result of the hit, while Appert said Kasdorf and Bubela were “50-50″ for this weekend and Tironese is still out. Appert added that he and his staff will make decisions for this weekend that are the best for the team in the long term.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Clarkson is a scum hole, granted RPI is a hole but just a hole and that has to count for something, but looking at the season he's been having... mighty interested in how this kid finishes the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad