Prospect Info: Jason Kasdorf (2015 via trade) – '15-16: RPI #33 (NCAA)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Next season, Lehner and Ullmark in Buffalo. Lieuwen and Kasdorf in Roch.

Makarov gone to Russia. Johnson to free agency.

Unlikely. Ullmark isn't ready.

It seems pretty clear to me: Lehner+Johnson/other back-up in Buffalo, Ullmark+Kasdorf in Roch. Lieuwen gone. If you want to win next season, you can't go in with Ullmark as your back-up (especially with Lehner's health)

Looking forward to see how Kasdorf does next year though. Big year for him.

Agreed with '26 here, Ullmark is not ready for full-time backup status. I'd like to see him put in a full, healthy, productive season in Rochester where he improves incrementally over the course of the season. This year's late season melt-down needs to be expunged.

Johnson has shown the ability to carry as a 1B type started, which is still worth something. Given Lehner's recent trials physically, it would be a plus to have him back for next year and potentially opens him up as an expansion candidate -- he's shown he can shoulder a starters role and not suck even if the team in front of him isn't necessarily cohesive.

Kasdorf's got some things going for him. We'll see what he can do with those skills to get himself up to speed. He has the size they want, certainly.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I wonder if we could lure Johnson back with some pretty good cash on a one year deal. We can't give him a chance to compete for a starting spot like other teams. But we could give him some serious backup money...

No reason at all for Ullmkark to be in buffalo

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I wonder if we could lure Johnson back with some pretty good cash on a one year deal. We can't give him a chance to compete for a starting spot like other teams. But we could give him some serious backup money...

No reason at all for Ullmkark to be in buffalo

Why not? Vets compete with "annointed future" starters all the time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad