Jason Botterill Discussion 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
IF Botts makes a major trade (soon) all will be forgiven with me. Most teams won't make a major trade till after Thanksgiving (today). But soon it will be the Christmas "no trade" block. I do believe we are
only a Top 6 addition from being a very competitive team. A high energy / physical add to the
LOG line as well. Sheary is the obvious player to go.... that doesn't fit. Olofsson and Asplund have been very pleasant additions. Vesey has stepped up. In some ways, we have benefitted from the injuries to Sobotka, Okposo and Erod. We have also finished the tough November schedule where Botts made
sure he had 10 D at his disposal. Hey, maybe we could trade one.

Olofsson - Eichel - Reinhart
Skinner - Mojo - XXX
Vesey - Asplund - Mitts
Girgs - Larsson - XXX

Reactions: IlikeEich

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
IF Botts makes a major trade (soon) all will be forgiven with me. Most teams won't make a major trade till after Thanksgiving (today). But soon it will be the Christmas "no trade" block. I do believe we are
only a Top 6 addition from being a very competitive team. A high energy / physical add to the
LOG line as well. Sheary is the obvious player to go.... that doesn't fit. Olofsson and Asplund have been very pleasant additions. Vesey has stepped up. In some ways, we have benefitted from the injuries to Sobotka, Okposo and Erod. We have also finished the tough November schedule where Botts made
sure he had 10 D at his disposal. Hey, maybe we could trade one.

Olofsson - Eichel - Reinhart
Skinner - Mojo - XXX
Vesey - Asplund - Mitts
Girgs - Larsson - XXX

This. I'm losing patience, but you're right, after Thanksgiving is more common, Botts is waiting for the right deal to become available.. the waiting kills me though. Just that one top 6 player and I'm totally happy with our roster. That's it, 1 part, and I think the whole team looks much better. So if he's waiting for the right deal, awesome. But if he's just avoiding big moves he needs to go, 'cause we can't sit on this offense much longer.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
This. I'm losing patience, but you're right, after Thanksgiving is more common, Botts is waiting for the right deal to become available.. the waiting kills me though. Just that one top 6 player and I'm totally happy with our roster. That's it, 1 part, and I think the whole team looks much better. So if he's waiting for the right deal, awesome. But if he's just avoiding big moves he needs to go, 'cause we can't sit on this offense much longer.

Exactly. Just Johnsson 2C coming back and slotting Asplund at 3C has changed the complexion of the team. Asplund forcing Mittelstadt to the wing was a bonus as well.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Given the lack of cap space here and around the league, I would be surprised if Botts were able to pull off a deal that changes the direction of the team prior to the TDL. And at that point, it will be too late unless this crew can change things between now and then.

The Justin Faulk to St Louis trade was the last major NHL trade this season and that was on September 24th.

Reactions: Chainshot

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dumoulin and Schultz got injured, perhaps Rutherford will turn to his young student for help.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I was trying to give Botterill the benefit of the doubt...With his "cap guru" skills I was hoping he'd put together a good team...But after hearing his comments that he thinks we are tough enough and his lack of moves this off-season and into this season regarding the forwards I've lost confidence in him....It's too bad we continue to waste Jack Eichel...I will still continue to follow the team but I've lost interest...This team is far from being a playoff contender...Too much of a losing mentality that seems to have gotten ingrained in these players that have been here too long...I'd like to see most of our forwards cut, traded,or demoted (even the LOG line)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad