Jason Botterill Discussion 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Haha, pot calling the kettle black if I've ever seen it, with your Harrington ax gringing.

Your seething hatred for Harrington, and blind, unwavering support for Botterill cause you to make some strange logical jumps. I don't see him using anyone's mental health struggles for anything in this post -- it's pretty innocuous and factually true.

How is it grinding an ax by noting the consistent failure within the org, and success from people who leave? It's his job. He was a huge Botterill cheerleader during the win streak, nothing but positivity.

You said you were going to ignore me didn't you? I have plenty of disapproval for Botterill, dude is not a great GM.

Good to know Mike has a defender on here though.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Who has 'mental health struggles'? Botterill?

Or have we reached the nadir of rationality and 'a bad week' is now to be considered a mental health struggle? If so you are insulting those who suffer from serious mental illnesses i.e. Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Panic Disorder, OCD, PTSD

Thanks for your concern trolling.

He included Lehner, the guy needed to get out of a toxic environment and turn his life around. Sorry you can't see that.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I didn't get that at all from that Tweet, and I generally despise Harrington.

That's fair. I'm tired of seeing Lehner used as a football for people to make points over. Kane, RoR? Sure highlight them all anyone wants. I don't think Kane had any intention of resigning in Buffalo, and I don't exactly recall people turned up over his leaving.

Why leave Tyler Fedun out?! That guy was let go for nothing.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Don't you have more important things to attend to, Botts?

He was hoping to get some coaching interviews in after speaking to some of the assistants of the other teams at the draft, he’s in between interviews right there there. Been hearing they went well, but they were confused why he was talking hockey.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Scott Steiner is a Michigan grad, just saying...

Apologies for going OT... I loved wrestling in the 90s & was more a WCW guy (until Vince Russo destroyed everything).

Steiners promos were amazing. Nobody had a clue what he was going to say or do next... Least of all Scott himself. Totally unscripted.

Combine that with his notoriously short fuse & the amount of drugs he probably had in his system at any given time... It was pure gold.

Reactions: sabremike

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Can you imagine Botterill coming across half as competent as Beane does in those behind-the-scenes draft videos? I sure can’t.

And I don’t know a ton about football, but the way Beane explains his decisions to the media gives you so much confidence in him. Botterill sounds like he’s being interrogated, trying his best not to let any actual information slip out of his mouth.

Last edited:

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I'm scared of what he might do this off-season. As inarticulate as he is he's an intelligent guy and has to know the Sabres either show vast improvement next year or he's gone. If he loses Skinner half the nails in his coffin get the hammer. His grand achievement will have been signing an undersized Swedish free agent dman.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'm scared of what he might do this off-season. As inarticulate as he is he's an intelligent guy and has to know the Sabres either show vast improvement next year or he's gone. If he loses Skinner half the nails in his coffin get the hammer. His grand achievement will have been signing an undersized Swedish free agent dman.

What he does after the Skinner decision, re-signing or no re-signing, should be weighed a lot more heavy than this move. This team is a lot farther away than just a 40 goal scorer.

He signs him, great that’s one player. If he doesn’t sign him, fine, that’s just one more need for a job that he hasn’t shown any ability to do up to this point, construct a team.

If he was construct a solid secondary scoring support cast and reshape the bottom 6, and miss out on Skinner, that would be a successful offseason. If we go into next year with a long term signed Skinner and secondary scoring as potent as last year’s, that’s a failure of an offseason IMO. Of course, there’s the option of signing Skinner and improving the team, but so far I don’t have the confidence in Botterill to do so because he hasn’t shown he can do it, yet. Then there’s the doomsday scenario, not re-signing Skinner and Botts just s******* the bed and not improving any aspects of the team which is possible, but I doubt happens.

This is not even going into possible successes and failures with coaching hires.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I think the state of the Bills will play a big role in how the Pegulas view Botterill's progress or lack thereof. McDermott and Beane took over quite a mess that Whaley and the Ryan Bros left behind and it appears they have done quick and good work. If the Bills go 9-7 or better next fall while the Sabres continue to struggle it would be only natural for the Pegulas to turn to Botterill and ask what's his excuse for not being able to do what McDermott and Beane have done.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think the state of the Bills will play a big role in how the Pegulas view Botterill's progress or lack thereof. McDermott and Beane took over quite a mess that Whaley and the Ryan Bros left behind and it appears they have done quick and good work. If the Bills go 9-7 or better next fall while the Sabres continue to struggle it would be only natural for the Pegulas to turn to Botterill and ask what's his excuse for not being able to do what McDermott and Beane have done.

If the Pegulas don’t know the difference between the NFL and the NHL....

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
We've all been assuming it is, but is Botterill's job really safe? Has he met with the Pegula's for a performance review? Has there been a public vote of confidence? The Pegula's have had plenty of time to think about things while Botterill is at the WC's. I don't think anyone saw the axe coming down on Tim Murray. It would be just like the Pegula's to time it as badly as possible so we don't have a coach or gm going into the draft.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Can you imagine Botterill coming across half as competent as Beane does in those behind-the-scenes draft videos? I sure can’t.

And I don’t know a ton about football, but the way Beane explains his decisions to the media gives you so much confidence in him. Botterill sounds like he’s being interrogated, trying his best not to let any actual information slip out of his mouth.
I don't know if Beane knows anything about hockey but would still have more confidence in him than Botterill running the Sabres.

Reactions: Chainshot

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
We've all been assuming it is, but is Botterill's job really safe? Has he met with the Pegula's for a performance review? Has there been a public vote of confidence? The Pegula's have had plenty of time to think about things while Botterill is at the WC's. I don't think anyone saw the axe coming down on Tim Murray. It would be just like the Pegula's to time it as badly as possible so we don't have a coach or gm going into the draft.

Yes, I think it's safe for at least one more season. How next season goes will determine if he stays or goes. The Pegulas at that Bills presser at the owners meetings seemed to be right behind Botts, and would support whatever he wanted to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->