Jason Botterill Discussion 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Character in NHL circles seems to just mean being North American or Swedish, making every team meeting and being an echo chamber for whatever the coach says in the morning media scrum.

Character to this team's management means never mentioning how miserable it is to consistently lose.

And I'm not just referring to you know who. More than a few players that left willingly or unwillingly have talked about this organization that way.

Maut

Nov 30, 2018
When's the earliest either Terry or some other higher up makes the move and gets rid of Botts? Is it if we lose the next 3 in a row? What has to happen for Botts to get fired?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
14 months? What kind of deal is he talking about? It probably took him 14 minutes to trade ROR for garbage.
If you've read what the beat reporters said that's actually not far from the truth. St. Louis told their insiders mid day July 1st that the deal was off and they had moved on. Then the deal was quickly materialized before the signing bonus. So you can guess which GM budged at the last minute.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
If we're not a playoff team next year, Botts needs to go. No more excuses. Bad contracts are coming off of the cap, prospects are coming up. It's do or die time for the young GM.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Enough of the f***ing fluff. Call every team and go through every single permutation and combination of players and just make a f***ing trade. If it's too hard then kick Botts to the curb and find someone who will do it.

The apathy of management and the refusal to condemn the constant losing is a big part of why we have this losing culture.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
When's the earliest either Terry or some other higher up makes the move and gets rid of Botts? Is it if we lose the next 3 in a row? What has to happen for Botts to get fired?

And then they hire the next patsy? Terry is a fan owning a team and it shows.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Idea: pick a home game, have people show up several hours early, gather everyone in the plaza and hold a huge rally demanding Botts be fired. If you could get several hundred people outside the arena people would notice it.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
This guy just says nonsense

Good work on taking 14 months for matt spencer :p

The first quote is true, though the Sabres were scoring at a 48% rate on the powerplay during the winning part of the season. Still, they should at least be scoring slightly below half that rate, instead of 0%. There'll be an upward correction on the powerplay in time.

The second quote was just goofy. He probably should've kept to himself that it took him over a year to make a minor-league trade. I get the point he was trying to make, but still.

Lastly, the Sabres needs a successful veteran/retired former GM to be hired as a President of Hockey Ops. If for no reason other than to be able to tell if the GM is out of his element.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
There’s been mergers of fortune five hundred companies that have taken less than 14 months.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I mean, you have to be realistic. There was no one in the pipeline when he took over. But we'll be able to really evaluate his work when they do.

didn’t stop the organization from firing Murray. It shouldn’t stop them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad