Jason Botterill Discussion 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I honestly can't imagine what he has in mind. Small move with a little depth scoring help? Hey Jason, Fabbri was traded last week.
Thankfully we didn't get him since a select group would find a way to include him in what we got back for ROR.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
giphy.gif

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Now he will be trading at a position of weakness instead of strength with the current state of the team. That is if he decides to make a move. Not sure how much confidence I have in his trading skills.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
so many people wondering why we weren't trading for forward help way before the losing even started and there still hasn't been any forward help despite having plenty of D to trade for forwards to teams who have the opposite problem.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The market is heavy and bonuses have not yet been paid to many players, wait for December. :DD

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Looks at team contracts...

looks at team cap space...

looks at team standing...

remembers the words cap guru being thrown around when hired

:huh::help::(
Just words people throw out there when theres a coaching or management hire because no one really knows what they're going to be like.

Same reason why I wont be excited if we get someone new until they start making good moves

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Yes again the problem with the team is the small handful of offensive players they have.

Today you’ve chosen...third best even strength goal scorer in the last five years of nhl hockey as your target.

Well done.
I'm criticizing the contract. Not the player.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Sabres are an attractive opportunity to a GM who knows how to build a team. They have a lot of players on expiring deals, some can be dealt at the deadline. There's an opportunity to free cap space. They have some decent prospects in the pipeline. Has Botterill shown he knows how to build a team? I think that question has to be answered now by the Pegula's. This trade deadline is going to be very important for the future of the Sabres. There's time to get someone else in place by Feb 27.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Yes again the problem with the team is the small handful of offensive players they have.

Today you’ve chosen...third best even strength goal scorer in the last five years of nhl hockey as your target.

Well done.

Hey now, he could have used that $9 mil to sign 3 depth scorers like Vesey or Sheary to provide more scoring across the board!

*Checks their stats*

Ah. Well, nevertheless

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Hey now, he could have used that $9 mil to sign 3 depth scorers like Vesey or Sheary to provide more scoring across the board!

*Checks their stats*

Ah. Well, nevertheless
My argument isn't that he shouldn't have signed him, but that he could have signed him for less. That 1mil in cap saved would have freed up space for an additional cheap depth forward, which would do us a lot of good during a run of injuries like we've had. Not that he would sign the right player, but at least he'd have the option to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad