Jason Botterill Discussion 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Far from a master piece and this board is wrong plenty, probably more so than not when you look back at polls of how people think the season will go, where the Sabres are at.

The trade might help us now but a masterpiece it is not. A first and Guhle for Montour...
How is that any different from Tage and a 1st for ROR? Stop twisting reality. Montour will have a more acceptable contract for longer than ROR. Our window for a cup was about as not open as it could be when the ROR trade was made. With ROR or without him with the Baffoon at the helm we are getting past 1st round if we even make the playoffs.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
The pick we gave up to get Skinner will be within a few picks of the one we got for O'Reilly. If we don't resign Skinner, you basically gave up:

ROR
36th pick this year
Cliff PU
2020 3rd

for

The 28-31st pick this year
Tage Thompson
Berlund and Sobotka

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Trade ROR of course terrible
Trade Montour good for me
Trade Skinner not bad (If Skinner stays in Buffalo, it'll be a very good deal)

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
How is that any different from Tage and a 1st for ROR? Stop twisting reality. Montour will have a more acceptable contract for longer than ROR. Our window for a cup was about as not open as it could be when the ROR trade was made. With ROR or without him with the Baffoon at the helm we are getting past 1st round if we even make the playoffs.

...if you have to ask

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
It was actually a masterpiece and this board agreed.
He traded a younger left handed version for an older right handed version and gave a way a 1st. Montour is not as good as people think. He sucks in his own zone and is prone to giveaways in the other. The same criticism of Guhle. So no not a master piece.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
7.5 for a 70 point two way center is not a favorable contract?

Riiiiiight......

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He traded a younger left handed version for an older right handed version and gave a way a 1st. Montour is not as good as people think. He sucks in his own zone and is prone to giveaways in the other. The same criticism of Guhle. So no not a master piece.
Only now Guhle that the NHL level is absolutely not proved, and Montour good offensive defenseman, I from it did not expect that it will be good in his own zone. The first round ended up 28 or whatever they will get. We have enough prospects on LHD, Botterill signed Pilut, took on Samuelsson on draft, there's Bryson.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
ROR has >70 pts in his career ONCE. His contract runs into his 30s. When he slows down further this contract becomes bad. Also having him here makes no difference if Housley is the coach so write off 18-19 season anyway with ROR or without him. From the trades for Skinner, Montour and trading away Kane and ROR I think we are in net positive as long as we re-sign Skinner.
Ryan is going to be like 32 years old at the end of his contract. It's not ever going to be bad, and it's a steal right now.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
ROR has >70 pts in his career ONCE.
55-64 pts for literally 6 straight seasons while being an elite shutdown center. What is your arbitrary point?
His contract runs into his 30s.
Yes, technically 31 is in his 30's, but again, what is your arbitrary point?
When he slows down further this contract becomes bad.
3 years left and you just admitted that he's had his best season ever. Seems to be trending in the opposite direction of this unfounded conjecture.
Also having him here makes no difference if Housley is the coach so write off 18-19 season anyway with ROR or without him.
No difference? Craig Berube is a 1st time head coach and he's going to coach fo the cup. I think it makes some difference.
From the trades for Skinner, Montour and trading away Kane and ROR I think we are in net positive as long as we re-sign Skinner.
It'll never be a net positive because you could easily have Montour, Skinner and RoR and all it would cost you (by never doing the deal) is Tage, Sobotka, a VERY late 1st round pick and a 2nd in 2020. This whole post is illogical.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
ROR has >70 pts in his career ONCE. His contract runs into his 30s. When he slows down further this contract becomes bad. Also having him here makes no difference if Housley is the coach so write off 18-19 season anyway with ROR or without him. From the trades for Skinner, Montour and trading away Kane and ROR I think we are in net positive as long as we re-sign Skinner.
I dont see how you think Montour and Skinner make up for what was lost and if Skinner signs for more than 7.5 his contract will be going into his 30's ... how is that different and better than what we had in ROR?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Yeah, but all I'm looking for is one, singular, glorious day where his name doesn't come up at all, in any thread, for any reason.

It's a day in 2022 when Peyton Krebs is playing just like ROR... but with the kind of high level speed that gets fans to like him more than ROR when he was here (and woefully underappreciated).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
As an aside to the big goings on today, I would love to be a fly on the wall for the amateur scouting meetings they are having as they put together their draft list.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
D6qIyohW0AEbpL2.jpg

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
Has the hire of Krueger improved Botterill's status?

A willingness to go in a non-conservative direction has earned some points with me.

The large trade for he who shall not be named aside, there are other questions about other trades. But in my mind everyone starts somewhere.

My thinking is Krueger definitely balances the scales for JB.

Of course now I want to see Skinner re-signed and some more astute trading.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
What worried me in the presser yesterday is that it sounds like he’s not planning on any changes to the defense. Basically said Borgen and others will fill in for Pilut and Bogo until they’re back. That’s a little scary.

It's terrifying... it means a 3rd year of Scandella-Risto playing big minutes that sink winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese