Post-Game Talk: Jarry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
But this team loves to overthink itself into unnecessary corners and then shoot itself in the foot, laugh like an idiot and shoot the other foot too for good measure. So we'll see.
The coaching is stuck in tunnel vision. Happens when you do things the same way day in day out. This is where maybe an external voice can help. I would have loved to let Jagr have some sort of involvement with the team. When it comes to scoring and offense, you can't get a better perspective (except for Mario).

I'm not giving Sullivan even an ounce of credit for that.

1. Puusy should have been put back with Malkin a looooong time ago. Like before he got sent down last time.
2. Phillips is 5'4" 140lb waiver fodder. He should never have been put with Malkin to begin with, but it was clear after the previous game it wasn't worth trying. Yet, he tried it again.
3. Phillips also shouldn't be seeing even a second of PP let alone over Puusy, yet....Sullivan.
4. He bumped Puusy up just to bench him shortly after.

Sullivan can f*** off. f*** off hard.
Puus was pretty invisible after a few games last round though. However, right now he has earned the right.

Maybe they see something in Phillips that we don't. Maybe Sully is as you said :D.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Puus was pretty invisible after a few games last round though. However, right now he has earned the right.

Maybe they see something in Phillips that we don't. Maybe Sully is as you said :D.
He went invisible when he he saw his ice time cut from 15min a night playing next to Malkin and in offensive situations to 8min a night playing in the bottom 6 and in defensive situations. All while getting benched for making mistakes that the rest of the team routinely makes without consequence.

Again, Sullivan can f*** off.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The coaching is stuck in tunnel vision. Happens when you do things the same way day in day out. This is where maybe an external voice can help. I would have loved to let Jagr have some sort of involvement with the team. When it comes to scoring and offense, you can't get a better perspective (except for Mario).

If this team refuses to fire Reirden (for reasons I will never ever understand) they at least need to bring in a "special consultant" or something for the powerplay. I realize that they are in the business of not hurting anyone's feeling ever (unless you are in that small group designated for punishment for everyone else's f***ups) but they really ought to try to fix that, someday.

Reactions: Sidgeni Malkby

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
If this team refuses to fire Reirden (for reasons I will never ever understand) they at least need to bring in a "special consultant" or something for the powerplay. I realize that they are in the business of not hurting anyone's feeling ever (unless you are in that small group designated for punishment for everyone else's f***ups) but they really ought to try to fix that, someday.
The big brain am winning again! Reirden is the greetest, keep him around for no raisin!

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
He went invisible when he he saw his ice time cut from 15min a night playing next to Malkin and in offensive situations to 8min a night playing in the bottom 6 and in defensive situations. All while getting benched for making mistakes that the rest of the team routinely makes without consequence.

Again, Sullivan can f*** off.
I can't remember why his ice team was cutdown, but you are right. He went from 15min to 10 down to 7.

Yeah...I'm aligned with your sentiment on Sully.

Why do I feel like we are all on repeat?

I have one....
Reirdon's rear, should be done, at this point!

I really wouldn't mind us going on a win streak just to f*** with everybody's minds including Dubas.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Because ownership and management are too scared to change anything, and the coaches are too dumb to.
As you said though, bringing in a special consultant doesn't hurt anybody. It's similar to bringing in new players, but cheaper, and with no cap hit.

I remember how many years we lost under DB....
This round isn't as bad as the stars are no longer in their prime...but still....just pains me.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I'm not giving Sullivan even an ounce of credit for that.

3. Phillips also shouldn't be seeing even a second of PP let alone over Puusy, yet....Sullivan.
4. He bumped Puusy up just to bench him shortly after.

Sullivan can f*** off. f*** off hard.

I was likely drunk at the moment so my memory might be off, but didn't Phillips crash HIMSELF into the bottom left corner boards during a PP a game ago with nary a person around him?

He makes Connor Sheary look like Gretzky

Because this is Sullivan's version of Groundhog Day. Except no one is laughing.
Well no one laughed at the movie either, but you get the point

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I was likely drunk at the moment so my memory might be off, but didn't Phillips crash HIMSELF into the bottom left corner boards during a PP a game ago with nary a person around him?

Your memory is accurate.

But Evgeni Malkin sucks too much to put on the top unit. This guy and Lars Eller are fine, though.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Your memory is accurate.
Thanks for confirming, @BlindWillyMcHurt .

I haven't had a drink since New Years, but started second guessing myself if I actually saw that or not :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Thanks for confirming, @BlindWillyMcHurt .

I haven't had a drink since New Years, but started second guessing myself if I actually saw that or not :laugh:

He literally tripped on nothing and faceplanted into the boards. lol

But again... I'm sure glad they got that massive liability off the top unit and replaced him with COMPETENT players and guys they just picked off of waivers the day before. Whew!

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I can't remember why his ice team was cutdown, but you are right. He went from 15min to 10 down to 7.

Yeah...I'm aligned with your sentiment on Sully.

I have one....
Reirdon's rear, should be done, at this point!

I really wouldn't mind us going on a win streak just to f*** with everybody's minds including Dubas.
his ice time was cut when rust came back and he was demoted. his production had in no way fallen off at the point where he was demoted and they were certainly still passing the eye test. just so no one gets confused, his drop off came after getting moved down the lineup

rust of course game back and was a ghost next to geno but oh well i guess. sully got the ol' rust rakell shuffle going at some point after that

point being there was a chance in that moment that rust was coming back to Ease Him Into The Lineup (anyone ever notice when and how that logic gets applied and only to certain players?) and let him waste the third line's time instead, and run doc and puusty who were both playing hot. some people on this very board said that would be the better move! he was moved down, faltered, and now 2 months later we're (and i guess the tv broadcast) are doing the whole "wow! this young guy is really playing well!" song and dance again while he's still getting benched in the 3rd anyway so carter can get more minutes. moment he dries up he's gone again, and really if he wasn't so productive he'd be on zohorna island (remember him?)

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Dan kingjerkski is pretty clueless about hockey. Then haves the nerve to try and belittle the few that goes to his site when they actually correct his stupidity. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

I dunno. If we assume that Kingerski's job is to run interference for the coaching staff 24/7 and write an article/"special video" a day about how this is all Evgeni Malkin's fault then he's doing exceptionally well!

Reactions: Andy99

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Dan kingjerkski is pretty clueless about hockey. Then haves the nerve to try and belittle the few that goes to his site when they actually correct his stupidity. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Never be a big enough mark to work yourself into a shoot.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Reminder that Puustinen would probably be paying his dues in the minors right now if it weren't for Jake's injury.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Public service reminder about the time Kingerski "called" the Tanev signing 3 hours after the team announced it and got the terms wrong. :laugh:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
his ice time was cut when rust came back and he was demoted. his production had in no way fallen off at the point where he was demoted and they were certainly still passing the eye test. just so no one gets confused, his drop off came after getting moved down the lineup

rust of course game back and was a ghost next to geno but oh well i guess. sully got the ol' rust rakell shuffle going at some point after that

Hahaha- I love that one.
Definitely high on the list of trademarked Sullyisms

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pens waiting until they are basically eliminated to start showing up against teams to lower their drafting position for every round. This team is finding ways to lose at losing now.

The most comical thing is that there are 2 teams with lower than -20 goal differential ahead of PIT's +14 in the standings. Its hard to do less relative to your goal differential.

I did have the joy of going to the CAR - FLA game last night and it was incredible.

To me they are eliminated. I mean if we remember last season, they're in a worse off spot this season and are coached to shit even more. Sullivan is the kind of back to backs.

Back to back cups.
Back to back playoff exits in the first round.
Back to back missing the playoffs.

I really hate that Dubas is like "the core and Sullivan are staying..."

f*** you Kyle.

point being there was a chance in that moment that rust was coming back to Ease Him Into The Lineup (anyone ever notice when and how that logic gets applied and only to certain players?) and let him waste the third line's time instead, and run doc and puusty who were both playing hot. some people on this very board said that would be the better move! he was moved down, faltered, and now 2 months later we're (and i guess the tv broadcast) are doing the whole "wow! this young guy is really playing well!" song and dance again while he's still getting benched in the 3rd anyway so carter can get more minutes. moment he dries up he's gone again, and really if he wasn't so productive he'd be on zohorna island (remember him?)
Fordy, I heart you mate. You saw the same shit and also wasn't happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad