Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Back to the shire he goes.
b75017cb-5b50-47b2-b137-213347328ead_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Pens waiting until they are basically eliminated to start showing up against teams to lower their drafting position for every round. This team is finding ways to lose at losing now.

The most comical thing is that there are 2 teams with lower than -20 goal differential ahead of PIT's +14 in the standings. Its hard to do less relative to your goal differential.

I did have the joy of going to the CAR - FLA game last night and it was incredible.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
So if Philly loses to the Rangers on Saturday, the Pens will be 9 back with 4 games in hand. Since the first game is against them, they'd actually control their own fate to catch the Flyers even as far back as they are. Now if we could just fix not being any good we'd be onto something.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
He is criticizing the Puustinen benching..?
You knew Puus was going to get benched after that pass. You just knew it with Sully at the helm.

That Phillips guy can't hang on to the puck. He can skate though, but needs to be stronger.

Malkin had another game where he looked awake.
It seems, he just needs a linemate he somewhat believes in.

That 4th lines is horribly bad!

Since this is a Jarry thread....
You can't do much if your goaltending sucks. Jarry is probably the last to be traded. He's 28, and goalies have decent shelf lives. It would take a massive overpayment for him to go.

Reactions: Andy99

golfortennis1

Mar 18, 2022
So I was listening to NHL Radio yesterday. And a guy from Pittsburgh, Dejan K(can't spell his name correctly so won't even try) was on. They talk for several minutes about players this, players that. Boomer then says "In no way do I blame any of this on Mike Sullivan." Which made me shake my head, but to his credit, small as it may be, DK said "Sullivan isn't entirely without blame. Why do you keep giving minutes to Jeff Carter, a 39 year old when you say you need to get younger."

But that was the closest to truth they got. I still don't understand how you can talk about a power play for 2 minutes, say guys won't do this or that, and not once bring up coaching. Special teams are where coaches earn their best money! Sullivan should run for political office, because if he has this much dirt on hockey people, he must have even more on actually important people.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Now 22-14-4 (.600) with Acciari. Would be 3rd in the division and 6th in the East.

I'm going to start calling him 'The Key'.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Yes, but 1 is a 39-year-old Canadian which is almost as good as American and the other is 24-year-old Euro trash. That's an important distinction.
Also...
Puus has a funny looking face, and is tiny at 5' 9".

Carter looks like a big stout power forward. Even though he smiles like an old man (I respect old people so no insult intended to old people here).

Lots of reasons for Sully to love JC over Puus :sarcasm:.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Also...
Puus has a funny looking face, and is tiny at 5' 9".

Carter looks like a big stout power forward. Even though he smiles like an old man (I respect old people so no insult intended to old people here).

Lots of reasons for Sully to love JC over Puus :sarcasm:.
Say what you will about Sullivan, but I don't think he's a size queen.

He's been playing a 5'4" 140lb high school kid on L2.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I can't get too excited about a win against the Habs.

But I will say that it was encouraging that they scored at least two goals where they created traffic in front and the point shot was an attempt ON the net. I'll take the small stuff right now.

...except Phillips. I will not take him. Get this guy on the next bus back to the Lollipop Guild or whatever.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Say what you will about Sullivan, but I don't think he's a size queen.

He's been playing a 5'4" 140lb high school kid on L2.
A 5'4" 140lb Canadian is equivalent to a 6'2" 200lb European. Everybody knows that!

Besides, we're allowed to have one!!

In full seriousness....
Sully did swap out Philips with Puus pretty quickly on L2.

I'm hoping he stays with the L2 of DOC - Malkin - Puus. Maybe Malkin is getting rejuvenated breathing in some of that youth surrounding him.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
In full seriousness....

I'm hoping he stays with the L2 of DOC - Malkin - Puus. Maybe Malkin is getting rejuvenated breathing in some of that youth surrounding him.

Yeah but unfortunately he swapped 'em back out at the first available flimsy opportunity.

I dunno about rejuvenated but one would think after all these years the staff would understand how Malkin works. It's all about confidence and trust with him. Both in his role and responsibilities and linemates. Puus isn't necessarily the answer but it's obvious that Malkin is more comfortable with him than most and FWIW I think he likes playing with DOC, too. And Puus/DOC have a rapport going back to their time in the AHL.

But this team loves to overthink itself into unnecessary corners and then shoot itself in the foot, laugh like an idiot and shoot the other foot too for good measure. So we'll see.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
In full seriousness....

I'm not giving Sullivan even an ounce of credit for that.

1. Puusy should have been put back with Malkin a looooong time ago. Like before he got sent down last time.
2. Phillips is 5'4" 140lb waiver fodder. He should never have been put with Malkin to begin with, but it was clear after the previous game it wasn't worth trying. Yet, he tried it again.
3. Phillips also shouldn't be seeing even a second of PP let alone over Puusy, yet....Sullivan.
4. He bumped Puusy up just to bench him shortly after.

Sullivan can f*** off. f*** off hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad