Post-Game Talk: Jarry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Sullivan isn't getting fired the extension he signed 2 years ago before Dubas was hired only starts next season 3 years 5.500.000 per

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I see Pus had a point again. Why not try him over AHL scrub Philips on Malkin line?
Why???

I'll tell you why.

- Puustinen is a creative player who plays better with other creative players.
- He has demonstrated chemistry with Malkin in the past.
- His Corsi stats for this game when playing with Malkin vs. not are staggeringly different.
- Malkin said he likes playing with him.

I could go on and on, but really, how many more reasons do you need to send Puustinen on the first bus to Wheeling?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think with this new trade, Philips is done.

I liked the idea of giving this lil wee fella a chance, he definitely has some skill but the dude makes Jake Guentzel look like Tom Wilson out there. Too small, too weak.

I mean we have a player in Puustinen who has been great on the top Powerplay in the top six.

It’s bizarre we aren’t giving him a fair shake

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I like how it takes the Montreal Canadiens in order for the Penguins to break out of their funk.

If only the Pens got to play all the last place teams the rest of the way, they might even win enough to make the playoffs!

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I didn't watch the game but these Corsi stats are pretty funny:

Geno-Doc-Puustinen - CF 11, CA 1
Geno-Doc-Phillips - CF 1, CA 15

Is this Phillips guy historically terrible or the Penguins sleepwalked through a period or two as usual and Sullivan, woe and behold, made a good adjustment?
We like Phils, he's a top-10 scorer in the minors. He goes to the battle areas, and he works hard. Best of all, he left his binky in Washington, and he's a big boy now. We're going to play him with Geno, because that gives us the best chance to win.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why???

I'll tell you why.

- Puustinen is a creative player who plays better with other creative players.
- He has demonstrated chemistry with Malkin in the past.
- His Corsi stats for this game when playing with Malkin vs. not are staggeringly different.
- Malkin said he likes playing with him.

I could go on and on, but really, how many more reasons do you need to send Puustinen on the first bus to Wheeling?

It's just ridiculous that he's given better shots to Colin White and Matthew Phillips before it got so bad he had no choice as it was getting to the point where he was likely going to have to hear it from someone that hey what the f*** is going on?

We like Phils, he's a top-10 scorer in the minors. He goes to the battle areas, and he works hard. Best of all, he left his binky in Washington, and he's a big boy now. We're going to play him with Geno, because that gives us the best chance to win.
Caps fans dreaded seeing him dressed and we're happy he was gone.

One man's trash is Sullivan's idea of Malkin's RW.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, he's right, but he also carried that water. So, f*** off, Danny.
Also Danny @Andy99

Like I don't know if he's bipolar or some shit. Because he'll say shit like this and then immediately say shit like...

I think he thinks his sarcasm is obvious with that benching Puusy thing, but it isn't lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Sullivan isn't getting fired the extension he signed 2 years ago before Dubas was hired only starts next season 3 years 5.500.000 per
Oh dang, I had no idea. Thanks for your contribution to this highly debated topic of which we are totally ignorant, Messr. Maple Syrup.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I think with this new trade, Philips is done.

I liked the idea of giving this lil wee fella a chance, he definitely has some skill but the dude makes Jake Guentzel look like Tom Wilson out there. Too small, too weak.
It was cute indeed but I think Philips has tuckered himself out already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad