Post-Game Talk: Jarry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm not trying to discredit you guys but I think anyone with two functioning eyeballs and without a major hardon for Mike Sullivan saw the same thing.
For sure but it is more or less the few blokes here that still argue Puustinen deserved to be demoted which would be entirely incorrect. Wingers that did less and struggled more were given a longer leash.

You want me to say I heart you too, I heart you as well mate. Better?

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
The data backs that up. The average top shot speed for a forward in the NHL this season is 84.74 miles per hour, and Bemstrom clears that and then some at 96.30 miles per hour.
Bemstrom has speed, too. The league average top speed for a forward is 22.07 miles per hour, and he's been clocked at 23.04 miles per hour. He's reached over 22 miles per hour five times this season, whereas the average forward has only hit that marker twice. He's cleared 20 miles per hour 65 times this season, more than the average forward's mark of 54 times.

• Wow
Reactions: BusinessGoose

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
For sure but it is more or less the few blokes here that still argue Puustinen deserved to be demoted which would be entirely incorrect. Wingers that did less and struggled more were given a longer leash.

You want me to say I heart you too, I heart you as well mate. Better?

Oh no I don't need a pat on the back. I'm as wrong as I am right, at best.

It just irritates me that there was something obviously there over a month ago and it was flushed for no defensible reason. Especially while the team has and continues to struggle to score. Like... VP is NOT prime Bergeron out there in his own end. But who cares... this team is like dead last in finishing.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
The data backs that up. The average top shot speed for a forward in the NHL this season is 84.74 miles per hour, and Bemstrom clears that and then some at 96.30 miles per hour.
Bemstrom has speed, too. The league average top speed for a forward is 22.07 miles per hour, and he's been clocked at 23.04 miles per hour. He's reached over 22 miles per hour five times this season, whereas the average forward has only hit that marker twice. He's cleared 20 miles per hour 65 times this season, more than the average forward's mark of 54 times.

I love the research

I hope the pens aren't just looking at stats like these though lol

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh no I don't need a pat on the back. I'm as wrong as I am right, at best.

It just irritates me that there was something obviously there over a month ago and it was flushed for no defensible reason. Especially while the team has and continues to struggle to score. Like... VP is NOT prime Bergeron out there in his own end. But who cares... this team is like dead last in finishing.

Puustinen isn't by any stretch some selke winner back there and there's literally no one like that on the Pens. Crosby cheats a lot more lately and is kind of just "there" in the defensive zone which is why he needed Rakell, because not even Rust does much in that department these days. Puustinen is average to ok and that's perfectly fine. He is absolutely not a liability out there in that regard and I resented the fact that blokes made that excuse when he was first called up over a season ago. Because all one had to do was just watch a few games in wbs to see it wasn't the case.

In wbs as well, he's used for his offense and still comes back defensively anyway. He's a heady player and it was frustrating me to see him wasted. Pens bread and butter even with Shero was these picks after the first round that panned out better and while blokes whined about high end picks, we had a winger that showed immense potential and growth and here you saw Sullivan give opportunities to players that failed on multiple teams to be better bottom 6 players, get a shot on Geno's wing. It was like he was saying he didn't trust wbs for shit, even considering he has more say than any coach, for how things go there.

I will admit and I know it's a not shit statement, I am a very big fan of Puustinen. Players like this, you get more juice when you squeeze them into top 6 usage and for a team that needs to be smarter with the cap, it's ridiculous to not use players like him and others in wbs that play well, on the big club.

Like Joseph as well, he played well and won't get any credit or mention at all and the pbp blokes would instead wax poetic about how good Ruhwedel is for some bizarre reason. I mean I would rather see Ludvig play RD over Ruhwedel and actually reward Smith with a call up. Smith isn't some AHL journeyman doing well, he was drafted high and rushed on the Devils. He's had some time in wbs, give the lad a break ffs. Especially a team that needs better puck movement from the blue line, you have one bred for that and instead prioritize stone handed defense.

Graves should sit for a few games, Joseph is clearly not a Sullivan fav which he's shown with his usage and basically tanked his value, try Ty. I am sure Ty Smith and his agent have quietly spoken to Dubas to be moved, it's already been reported he's not happy getting no shot this season and he's warranted a cup a coffee at least.

He had a 9 game stint last season and honestly he didn't look all that bad. Maybe a few more games and he'd get more chance to grow into the role but he provided offense right away. Had 4pts in 9 games while Turdwedel had 5 in 47. Joseph literally had a breakthrough season last year and then Sullivan treats him less than Turdwedel. I am f***ing angry at having to see this piece of shit remain untouchable as a coach.

/vent/rant/whatever

I love the research

I hope the pens aren't just looking at stats like these though lol
Through 3 coaches, he's never really shown much other than flashes. He's now coming to the second worst coach of his career for players in his situation, I feel bad for the bloke if anything.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Puustinen’s game logs are insane. Young guy coming in around at nearly a point per game, scores his first career goal, immediately down to 7 minutes per game before being shipped to the minors. Sullivan literally likes watching old guys standing around getting scored on more than young guys turning the puck over even once.

metalan2

May 30, 2008

Cool. Sully loves advanced metrics guys that don't actually produce actual offense. Hell fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad