Confirmed with Link: Jarry signed to 3 year $10.5m contract

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
giphy.gif

J58cUOm.png

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Agreed.
And while I think it's the right move, I'm surprised more aren't concerned about this with how common it is for goalies to drop off.

Like Murray did? We can’t afford a higher paid goalie who may or may not play better. So it is what it is.

Seems like the right move as you said and a fairly safe bet IMO.

If it’s not working send him to Edmonton that’s where he lives in the off season.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If it’s not working send him to Edmonton that’s where he lives in the off season.
Please stop thinking you can pawn off crappy players to other teams. We’ve pissed away too many assets and time to fixing bad trades/signings.

(I’m not saying Jarry is crappy, but if he fails, he won’t have the resume like Murray and will be harder to move)

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Well we need to be playing some really solid defense or we are toast it would seem like to me....

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Everyone is all like "bye Murray" but watch JR not like the offers he's getting for Murray, do some absolute mad lad shit to clear space and sign him to kick the can down the road until he can get his mythical "haul."

Look, if it forces them to move JJ they can have all 3 goalies in the NHL and I’ll hold my tongue.*

*this is not legally binding

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Everyone is all like "bye Murray" but watch JR not like the offers he's getting for Murray, do some absolute mad lad shit to clear space and sign him to kick the can down the road until he can get his mythical "haul."

"Everyone to LTIR, and we sign enough goalies to fit in the net (rotating them every 5 minutes to keep them fresh!), thus preventing anyone from ever scoring and then we pull them all and put Crosby out in the last 15 seconds for an empty net!"

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Please stop thinking you can pawn off crappy players to other teams. We’ve pissed away too many assets and time to fixing bad trades/signings.

(I’m not saying Jarry is crappy, but if he fails, he won’t have the resume like Murray and will be harder to move)

No. ;) As long as it’s not a bad contract players are generally easy to move. Especially if they are younger.

Can’t see Jarry playing awful though. He’s got some of that Fleury athleticism and some of that Murray calmness. If he’s deemed not good enough it’s more likely the skaters are shittin’ the bed.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
"Everyone to LTIR, and we sign enough goalies to fit in the net (rotating them every 5 minutes to keep them fresh!), thus preventing anyone from ever scoring and then we pull them all and put Crosby out in the last 15 seconds for an empty net!"

"Look it worked when we had Scuderi!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad