Confirmed with Link: Jarry signed to 3 year $10.5m contract

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
My bet is on Murray ending up as a better goalie than Jarry, if he gets on a contending team and a competent coach he will kill it again,

Fix the defense = fix Murray. He should go to the Islanders. He would crush it there.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
This thread needs a goalie we can all rally behind:

818e7dd0ae52822644a1ed72a2672266.jpg

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Pretty happy with this, tbh. Just the right amount of cap and term to see if he's really the long-term solution, imo.

Hope he proves it.

Reactions: Giskard

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'll be pleasantly surprised if Jarry is a long-term solution. But I'll be honest, I kind of think we'll eventually need another in like 4-5 years, unless we want to keep Jarry for the rebuild.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My bet is on Murray ending up as a better goalie than Jarry, if he gets on a contending team and a competent coach he will kill it again,
100 percent think this is the case but sadly we don't have the extra 5m to see it here. And i love Murray.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I'll be pleasantly surprised if Jarry is a long-term solution. But I'll be honest, I kind of think we'll eventually need another in like 4-5 years, unless we want to keep Jarry for the rebuild.

We're going to need a whole new team at that point anyway. We'll almost certainly be tanking.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
The biggest question this season will be if Jarry will be thrashed about by fans for not being Fleury or if it was just Murray because he replaced him thing.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
The biggest question this season will be if Jarry will be thrashed about by fans for not being Fleury or if it was just Murray because he replaced him thing.

It's the latter.

Jarry is already Satan because everyone is convinced that he's Surrogate MAF just for not being Murray.

Even though it's obvious that Emil Larmi is Surrogate MAF, right down to the goofy-arse personality and lacking performance.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's the latter.

Jarry is already Satan because everyone is convinced that he's Surrogate MAF just for not being Murray.

Even though it's obvious that Emil Larmi is Surrogate MAF, right down to the goofy-arse personality and lacking performance.

The key is to just not have a goalie and ice 6 players.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I really don’t see much difference in Murray or Jarry’s ceilings tbh, besides the fact that one is a better puckhandler and the other one is mentally shambolic.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Both could easily be starters on any playoff team. Both could maybe suck ass. One we know already does suck ass on occasion, the other one is too new to have that stink on him, but has the potential to f*** up just as badly.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Maybe Murray gets his head right and plays well from now on? Maybe Jarry’s mental lapses were overrated here because people always love the goalie they had success with, regardless of how long ago that was.

All I know for sure is I don’t care, and I’m going to keep shitting on goalie chat until the Reaper drags me kicking and screaming from this mortal coil.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Jarry is far better at handling the puck which will be a big benefit to the D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad