Waived: Jarret Stoll (Claimed by MIN)

BarbaraAlphanse

At least we'll always have the memories of him as 3c that we'll win in the playoffs with :/

Well no one has claimed him yet. So he could still be here for the playoffs, hypothetically.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
It's not surprising knowing the managements love for Glass. The team needs to create room for a Dman and I'm glad it's not Etem or Stalberg on waivers.

Stoll really hasn't done much of anything, yes it's nice depth to have him as a spare in the playoffs.

If anything Glass and Stoll should've both been waived to open up room for Skjei and another future potential waiver claim or trade.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
The Holiday Trade Freeze is right around the corner, so this could very well be a precursor to a move, the Rangers need center depth, and they need a guy in that role that can PK, Skate, Protect the lead.

I wouldn't be surprised to see if a kid was moved out for a vet with legs on a contract.

Like a Riley Nash or Nate Thompson. Guys that are responsible and work their tail off.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
The Holiday Trade Freeze is right around the corner, so this could very well be a precursor to a move, the Rangers need center depth, and they need a guy in that role that can PK, Skate, Protect the lead.

I wouldn't be surprised to see if a kid was moved out for a vet with legs on a contract.

Like a Riley Nash or Nate Thompson. Guys that are responsible and work their tail off.
Posts like this only serve to get my hopes up for nothing

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Posts like this only serve to get my hopes up for nothing

Why? I'm sure the team is working to fill the obvious holes on this team.

My gut feeling is that we see a Del Zotto for Klein type of deal with one of the kids up front. Looking at Miller for a 25-26 year old forward that fills a top 9 role.

And Etem for a veteran grinder that can skate and be responsible defensively.

If they add any semblance of character it would be a big help to this locker room which might be a little too friendly to hold each other accountable.

You have to do something before the wheels come falling off.

BarbaraAlphanse

My gut feeling is that we see a Del Zotto for Klein type of deal with one of the kids up front. Looking at Miller for a 25-26 year old forward that fills a top 9 role.

If they add any semblance of character it would be a big help to this locker room which might be a little too friendly to hold each other accountable.

I could see Etem for Nash.

Value is off for Miller/Nash.

I genuinely think Miller is a game changer. Especially for big time games. The way he elevated his play vs. Isles. There's a big time ceiling there and Rangers would be foolish to give it up right now.

Etem, yea. No spot on this team.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Still wouldn't address our defensive issues, but I'd be more than ok with a move for Riley Nash.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

There have definitely been whispers of Miller being moved. I don't know what to quite make of him, though. The guy on one shoulder is telling me he'll be nothing more than a 30 point guy that's super streaky and prone to stupid turnovers on an every day basis, while the guy on the other shoulder is telling me that he's only 22, and that we might regret trading him in 2-3 years time when he's a 50 point, excellent 2nd line player that can be used in all situations.

I would do Etem for Riley Nash if Carolina is up for it.

If the Rangers trade Miller, I'd want a serious prospect with upside back.

BarbaraAlphanse

There have definitely been whispers of Miller being moved. I don't know what to quite make of him, though. The guy on one shoulder is telling me he'll be nothing more than a 30 point guy that's super streaky and prone to stupid turnovers on an every day basis, while the guy on the other shoulder is telling me that he's only 22, and that we might regret trading him in 2-3 years time when he's a 50 point, excellent 2nd line player that can be used in all situations.

Whispers from?

Uncle Larry suggested trading Miller and a 1st/2nd last year for Santorelli.

He blocked me after I pointed out how stupid his ideas, particularly that one, was.

If it's him, I don't think that's legitimate at all. Actually, none of our beat writers have trade connections. Larry only has injury and contract sources, I believe.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Glut of Centers - Moore, Hayes, Brassard, Lindberg, Stepan, and sometimes Miller. Lindberg and Moore are good 3/4 guys and faceoff guys, Brassard has been good on draws this season, and Stoll hasn't played particularly well. Odds are he gets waived and goes unclaimed and either does or doesn't report to Hartford. Can't get too upset about underperforming 4th liners getting waived.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Good question. I'm not sure what they'd do, because RI. NASH is still valid for both. I doubt they'd do RIL NASH or RIC NASH.

Has this every happened before?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
lol. this team :shakehead

someones head had to roll. sacrificial lamb anyone ?

make a statement av. blame stoll. thats right, he's to blame. that'll show em. play better or you're gone. meanwhile, rick nash and chris kreider laugh as they cash their paychecks.

and tanner glass scores a goal and that leads to this ? tanner glass has like 9 lives, no make that 900. guy is amazing. he's like av's little buddy that won't go away.

stoll wasnt terrific but who's been terrific really. maybe its a resurfacing of his old habits ? who knows. i would be surprised.

were without stepan. can't find a place for hayes to play and make an impact. is he a c or a w ? the timing is strange.

this is just dumb.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I could see Etem for Nash.

Value is off for Miller/Nash.

I genuinely think Miller is a game changer. Especially for big time games. The way he elevated his play vs. Isles. There's a big time ceiling there and Rangers would be foolish to give it up right now.

Etem, yea. No spot on this team.

Zero hesitation on moving Etem for Nash... would be a good move for both teams, they get a former 1st rounder for a pending UFA 3rd-4th line player.

The Rangers get a very responsible C/RW that can play every day and fill a bunch of roles. He's a high IQ player... maybe not the best athlete or the skater that Etem is, but he's got a brain, and he's a total pro.

On Miller, I look at that DOB and see a '93 but at the same time the team can't wait for him, Kreider, Hayes, and Fast all to grow up when they are trying to win now. They need more players in that 4th-6th year pro range who are good at their jobs and show up to work everyday.

I also think the team is due for a character upgrade too, guys that are just hockey guys and won't care about the city life.

MTL is having some issues with their young players with money. You all know about Kassian but they have that with Beaulieu and Thomas as well. Maybe the Rangers have that as well... don't know for sure... but they can't wait for 5 forwards t grow up and show up every day when they are trying to win now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad