Waived: Jarret Stoll (Claimed by MIN)

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
We didn't bring him in to just take faceoffs but that's the only thing he didn't suck at, and that's why he's gone.

This. Even though everyone here prays for Glass to go, he hits and fights. Etem does nothing. Nothing. I hate it even more that we were supposedly forced into giving up Hagelin for him. We give up a guy who we can't pay $3 million a year and keep our $12 million ball and chain on defense.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Of course he was claimed. He's an NHL player. Unlike glass.

Right now Stoll's reputation as a two time Stanley Cup winner is keeping him in the NHL. And perhaps the Wild will be able to use him in a way that helps them. But, he's not the player he was 2-3 years ago. The hip injury has robbed him of whatever speed he used to have and he can't keep up with the way the Rangers wanted him to play. And he couldn't adapt to playing wing--which forced Moore out of the position he's best suited to playing too.

It was only a matter of time before Stoll lost his spot.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
If we will be short on 4th liners, we can get one for a 4th rounder. Nothing special from Stoll that isn't replaceable.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
One thing keeps nagging me:
If the Rangers had placed Stepan on retroactive LTIR they would easily have been able to accommodate Skjeis callup with regards to the cap. This would hardly effect the available cap at the TD either, so it was an easy way for management to callup Skjei and still keep Stoll around (the 23 man limit would not be surpassed either I believe)
This leads me believe it was something else that lead it to the point that they were willing to let him go for free
Or did they naively think that they could take a chance and he would go unclaimed?
Strange asset management IMO - on the verge of being reckless actually.
For some reasons this inexplicable fact goes past all the beat writers, MSG and Larry Brooks. They just say it was necessary due "to cap reasons" to waive Stoll.
It was not

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If we will be short on 4th liners, we can get one for a 4th rounder. Nothing special from Stoll that isn't replaceable.

There's always waivers. I really don't get stool being dumped but at the same time it should not be hard to add

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->