Waived: Jarret Stoll (Claimed by MIN)

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Did the Rangers not like something off the ice? First road trip of the season. Healthy scratch and then waived. With this guy's history,would you be surprised? No.

That was my only thought that seemed like there would be a rational reason to waive the guy. It does add up. Played the first two games, and then is abruptly scratched against Calgary.

As has been mentioned, why waive a guy making 800k over a guy that's making 1.45 million?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Did the Rangers not like something off the ice? First road trip of the season. Healthy scratch and then waived. With this guy's history,would you be surprised? No.

As much as I don't like the underlying assumption here that actually makes a lot of sense.

He was playing routinely and doing most of what the staff expected of him.

BarbaraAlphanse

Really... The team acted incredibly sketchy with him. From being sent off the ice early in warmups. Now the waive.

And just the coincidence that it started in Edmonton...

All circumstantial. And not speculating anything. But I wouldn't be surprised with anything said either.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Could very well be this. I don't like the move, but he wasn't exactly killing it either. Perhaps a trade is in the works?, something is off.

disturbance_vehiclelisting_force.png

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Makes you wonder if something happened off the ice. The guy did his job... he couldn't skate like the system needs, and I get that... but he did his job until this road trip.

That EDM game... Stoll... they just needed 15 seconds out of him... and I like that the leash is short, and the team needs to do something.

6 out of the 12 forwards on the roster don't fill a role.... or haven't found their roles yet.

The 24 and under forwards, are all 24 and underachieving.

There's your roster issue up front. They need 3 of their veteran defensemen to win more puck battle and move it out... all three of those guys have been sagging it to a degree.

With the Goalies not stealing every game, you have the mediocrity.

Dec has always been an axial point under AV... I think the time to look and see is over.. and the time to execute night and night out is fully on.

Let's keep those leases short and stay accountable.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Wow. Stoll has been underwhelming, but I'd rather have him and his faceoffs than having Glass on the roster.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'd be more willing to believe this was a precursor to something bigger if Stoll didn't make dick for money. Although, waiving AV's lovechild Tanner would only give us $150K more, since no other team in the league would touch him with a ten foot pole.

I really, really despise the way this organization functions sometimes. Tanner Glass scores a goal for the first time since Napoleon was exiled, and Gorton is already drawing up a 5 year extension for him, co-signed and co-authored by AV, who I'm convinced, at this point, is some sort of relative to Tanner Glass.

God ****ing dammit.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So what do we have now, about $900k-1M in cap space?

I don't like this move, but whatever.

BarbaraAlphanse

So what do we have now, about $900k-1M in cap space?

I don't like this move, but whatever.

Think about all the damage we could do with glass waived and claimed, too. We'd have like 2 mill in cap space.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I doubt it had anything to do with Glass; AV is in love with him anyway. I'm wondering if he had issues in the locker room???? Maybe he was a problem with his drug history???

Personally, I'm not comfortable speculating on something like this. Seems unfair to the parties involved until something is confirmed.

Right now, I'm basing this off what I know. Tanner was called up recently. The Rangers have been playing like ****. For some reason, AV loves Tanner's game. Likes that 'jam' #Torts.

"There are two ways to wear down defenders, have the puck in their zone a lot, or turn it over to them regularly so you can hit them after they pass it up to the ice to their forwards for an odd-man rush."

-AV on why Tanner Glass is so important to the team

[paraphrasing, but basically accurate]

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Sad to hear. Stoll was very well-liked and one of the leaders of our team. I'm kind of shocked to see him waived even though his play had declined. But the Tanner Glass hatred? :laugh: Something to unite Rangers fans, eh?

BarbaraAlphanse

I doubt it had anything to do with Glass; AV is in love with him anyway. I'm wondering if he had issues in the locker room???? Maybe he was a problem with his drug history???

It really stinks. It could be purely based on play but th dude can't escape his reputation, even if it ends up being unfounded.

It just wouldn't be surprising but no use in speculating.

He wasn't playing well. Looked 4 steps too slow. But I will admit the way he didn't get second chances. Or the benefit of the doubt like Boyle is getting, that he needs breaks to be more effective. Or how his scratch happened the way it did especially coincidentally in Edmonton...

It wouldn't surprise me if we heard something deeper than play concerns.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
It really stinks. It could be purely based on play but th dude can't escape his reputation, even if it ends up being unfounded.

It just wouldn't be surprising but no use in speculating.

He wasn't playing well. Looked 4 steps too slow. But I will admit the way he didn't get second chances. Or the benefit of the doubt like Boyle is getting, that he needs breaks to be more effective. Or how his scratch happened the way it did especially coincidentally in Edmonton...

It wouldn't surprise me if we heard something deeper than play concerns.
Yes, this was the first thing I thought of [not Tanner Glass]. LOL!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad