Waived: Jaroslav Halak **(Recalled)**

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I wonder if Snow tries to dump Halak in the offseason. I think the fact Halak only has 1 year remaining on his contract might increase his value. All that being said my guess is their many teams who will want to see how the Bishop situation plays out first

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
His answers:
1 - Get Stamkos. Oops.
2 - Everything I did.
3 - Everything everyone else did.
4 - Stare in mirror and ask, "Who is the fairest GM of all?"
:handclap::handclap:

I wonder if Snow tries to dump Halak in the offseason. I think the fact Halak only has 1 year remaining on his contract might increase his value. All that being said my guess is their many teams who will want to see how the Bishop situation plays out first

something obviously didn't sit right between Garth, Halak, the agent, the 3 goalies but who knows if they can move past it?!

In the end, yes, Halak came up huge when the team needed him most. But he wasn't great earlier in the year when the season was really lost. And he's got $4.5MM in his final year so who knows.

Because of expansion, there may be some really good goalies available so in the interest of the Islanders, let's try and get the best one available.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I stay with Griess/Halak next season. They both compliment eachother in that neither one seems to be able to strap a team to their back for 60+ games, but rested, and they are both capable of stealing wins.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I stay with Griess/Halak next season. They both compliment eachother in that neither one seems to be able to strap a team to their back for 60+ games, but rested, and they are both capable of stealing wins.

Agreed. Greiss and Halak in a 50/50 split of games with the hot hand (e.g. coming off a shutout) getting a few more starts.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

This is exactly what it should have been before snow tried to interject an overmatched Berube into the situation only to mess up team chemistry and no doubt cost us points that would've got us into the playoffs.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
That is a very good description of both of them. Finally end this Berube disaster and move on.....

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Agreed. Greiss and Halak in a 50/50 split of games with the hot hand (e.g. coming off a shutout) getting a few more starts.

Bad idea. Halak want to be a true Numero Uno goalie. He must know, he is the one, the team depends on. He must be under fire to bring his best.
When he sees, that he isnt "the chosen one", his performance drops very badly.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
While I agree a Halak/Greiss tandem would work best. Can the Islanders even afford Halak's cap hit at this point? Maybe they can LTIR Grabovski and possibly loose a salary in expansion. But the Isles would still have to re-sign de Haan.

As a number one goalie I think Greiss can do well if he is asked to play 50-55 games spread out through-out the year... not in the super-condensed timeframe he was forced to play. As for Halak, I think he has the higher top-end ability compared to Greiss; but also has more inconsistencies and injury concerns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad