Waived: Jaroslav Halak **(Recalled)**

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Jaro at his worst is still better then an average JF Berube.

Glad he was called up. Looking at the schedule I figured if they were going to call him up this is the weekend. Wonder if he gets the Penguins or Bruins(my guess is Penguins)

Jaro at his worst = we lose the game.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Really hoping Jaro comes out with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. When he's on his game, he's pretty much unbeatable.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I could be wrong be we can send JF Berube down he just can't play in the AHL playoffs

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he means, they won't send him down because they can't use him in the playoffs and that wouldn't be helpful to Bridgeport. They're better off getting someone else in there that can play consistently down the stretch for them and in the playoffs as well.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Jaro at his worst = we lose the game.

I think people forget how bad Halak is when hes bad. That guy is either lights out or when hes bad hes letting in 6 in two periods.

That being said we still need him over JFB. He needs to split the time with Greiss too, Greiss is a nice goalie but not really a true number 1.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I think people forget how bad Halak is when hes bad. That guy is either lights out or when hes bad hes letting in 6 in two periods.

That being said we still need him over JFB. He needs to split the time with Greiss too, Greiss is a nice goalie but not really a true number 1.

The fact that he is a .915% with this tire fire defense and playing just about every game with no rest during the roughest stretch probably any team has ever seen....is remarkable. I dont see how anyone can argue he is not a #1 goalie. If he gets normal starter rest like other starters and we have a competent defense he would be sporting a .920% right now...zero doubt.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
The fact that he is a .915% with this tire fire defense and playing just about every game with no rest during the roughest stretch probably any team has ever seen....is remarkable. I dont see how anyone can argue he is not a #1 goalie. If he gets normal starter rest like other starters and we have a competent defense he would be sporting a .920% right now...zero doubt.

exactly. say what you will about greiss, he gives you a chance to win on most nights, and doesn't let in back-breaking goals at complete inopportune times. He's had some bad starts, but he's had a crazy workload.

its about freaking time they bring Jaro back. should have been done weeks ago!!! J-F is a glorified Poulin!!

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
exactly. say what you will about greiss, he gives you a chance to win on most nights, and doesn't let in back-breaking goals at complete inopportune times. He's had some bad starts, but he's had a crazy workload.

its about freaking time they bring Jaro back. should have been done weeks ago!!! J-F is a glorified Poulin!!

Poulin at least put together a body of solid goaltending before he got injured.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
3 goalies makes more sense than just releasing Berube. If Halak stinks again, we may need another serviceable backup. If either Greiss or Halak get hurt down the stretch, we'll need him to back up. There are 10 games left, they can all suck it up for the playoff push. Berube will be a free agent at the end of the season anyway.

I thought Berube was resigned to a 1 year contract?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I thought I saw it announced on here as a sticky...but maybe it was a necro post? Guess I must be mistaken.

I defer to capfriendly because they're usually on point with their stuff. Can't remember a signing happening recently though. I'm sure Berube wants out, if another team will take him. Maybe it was the thread about him specifically like you said. It could have the "re-signed" portion still attached to the title because we're idiots and didn't remove it.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL

Great post! Greiss is our guy and I think we all know that. However he's not Marty Brodeur and shouldn't play that many games (especially if we want him ready for the playoffs if we make it). Halak's a very good #2 option. Also, if Greiss goes down I feel much more comfortable with Halak in net for the playoffs than I would with Berube.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
gotta give Jaro credit - went to the AHL, didn't sulk, played great, now he's back.

can only help.

Greiss-Halak duo is the Isles best chance to get in, and stay in.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Show some sand tonight, get the win and he's right back in our good graces. :handclap:

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
I have zero faith in Halak, but I had a negative Zero faith in Berube, so I am guessing Halak it is

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Listening to Sirius Ch 91, and a news item came up from Jonathan Davis saying on TDL, there was a deal in place to send Jaro to Edmonton but Snow got cold feet at the last minute. Didn't mention what was coming back.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Listening to Sirius Ch 91, and a news item came up from Jonathan Davis saying on TDL, there was a deal in place to send Jaro to Edmonton but Snow got cold feet at the last minute. Didn't mention what was coming back.

Snow couldn't get them to agree to take him without retention.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Staple said the other day on a Sportsnet podcast that Snow felt like the team might have needed Halak down the stretch and that was why they held onto him.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Staple said the other day on a Sportsnet podcast that Snow felt like the team might have needed Halak down the stretch and that was why they held onto him.

It really made no sense to just dump him at the TDL. We already paid most of his salary, he was down in the A and not causing problems. Considering Gibson's injury, we literally had no other NHL quality goaltenders if someone got hurt or we found out that JFB sucked donkey balls. Turns out, one of those things happened and we benefited from having Halak - at least for one game. His presence may make the difference between making and missing the playoffs. Figure he'll get 2 more starts the rest of the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad