Waived: Jaroslav Halak **(Recalled)**

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Feel bad for the guy.

Was mistreated and misused until he played bad enough to waive him.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I'm not going to dance on his grave. I hope that he finds a home and that he finds a way to keep it.

Obviously he's been struggling this year and under-performed last year and the 3-headed goalie situation finally came to a head.

He gave us what he had and now it's time to turn the page.

Thank you for your efforts.

Rhino1985

Jul 3, 2015
Feel bad for the guy.

Was mistreated and misused until he played bad enough to waive him.

Agree 100%.

The guy is looked at like he's some kind of malcontent for having a problem with the isles ridiculous 3-goalie situation.

We had such a good thing going with the Halak/Greiss tandem....

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Honestly him being on waivers means they haven't been impressed with his play for awhile.... but they still have been starting him over greiss? I don't get it

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
Agree 100%.

The guy is looked at like he's some kind of malcontent for having a problem with the isles ridiculous 3-goalie situation.

100% this. He's been hung out to dry by awful defending in front of him, terrible coaching and bad roster management. He's the best goalie we've had in years and years. He and Greiss were a superb tandem.

Just wait until Greiss and Berube walk as ufa and we are left with nothing.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site

Greiss outplayed Halak last year.

I will give Halak a little room due to the unusual situation, but is that the REASON he gave up weak goals at the wrong time?

The three goalie situation was not around during that PHI game in his BEST season, yet he continues to demonstrate a critical weakness of giving up weak goals at the wrong time. That's 100% on him - not the situation he found himself in.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
We're going to get a heavy dose of Berube now because he needs to hit the minimum of games played so the Isles retain his rights.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
I was stoked when he came here, but its clear now he just doesn't have it.

I still think the keeping JFB thing around was ridiculous, but this move had to be made now.

50-50 if he'll be claimed.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Best case scenario, he doesn't report to Bridgeport and they mutually give up the contract.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Agree 100%.

It's all Garth Snow propaganda...

Throw Halak under the bus via Staple and prop Berube up so Snow looks like the good guy for getting a locker room cancer, instead being blamed for keeping around a goalie with 10(?) games of NHL experience while you dismantle a really solid 1/2 punch in net.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
We're going to get a heavy dose of Berube now because he needs to hit the minimum of games played so the Isles retain his rights.

Oh, only about 20 games. :laugh:

The guy who hasn't been playing any games for months is the new backup. Hopefully this means Snow is giving up on the season and won't make any idiotic moves. Not holding my breath.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
It's all Garth Snow propaganda...

Throw Halak under the bus via Staple and prop Berube up so Snow looks like the good guy for getting a locker room cancer, instead being blamed for keeping around a goalie with 10(?) games of NHL experience while you dismantle a really solid 1/2 punch in net.

The only thing I will say is that we were not going to be able to keep the tandem for much longer due to the salary cap.

Snow didn't have to throw Halak under the bus to be honest, his save percentage does most of the talking.

Keyserfrans

Feb 14, 2015
Honestly him being on waivers means they haven't been impressed with his play for awhile.... but they still have been starting him over greiss? I don't get it

THIS!!!!

Snow + Cappy and their decisions...Its IMPOSSIBLE to see reason in what they do.

That said, we needed to get rid of a goallie....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad