Waived: Jaroslav Halak **(Recalled)**

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Listening to Sirius Ch 91, and a news item came up from Jonathan Davis saying on TDL, there was a deal in place to send Jaro to Edmonton but Snow got cold feet at the last minute. Didn't mention what was coming back.

I hope the "cold feet" is Ledecky told him not to.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Staple said the other day on a Sportsnet podcast that Snow felt like the team might have needed Halak down the stretch and that was why they held onto him.

We needed him the whole damn time. That's why Snow is an idiot.

After half a dozen extraordinary games in the AHL, Halak should have been recalled and Berube waived. And that's assuming the demotion was actually justified to begin with.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
We needed him the whole damn time. That's why Snow is an idiot.

After half a dozen extraordinary games in the AHL, Halak should have been recalled and Berube waived. And that's assuming the demotion was actually justified to begin with.

The Isles were a top 5 team for 30+ games starting just before Halaks demotion. In hindsight, Yes, Halak could have been brought up a little earlier in mid-March.

To say Snow is an idiot for not bringing him back right away does not acknowledge the fact this team fought from last in the conference to a playoff spot all while Halak was away and Chemistry was great. Not knowing all the circumstances of the demotion, what was said and so on, I can't blame Snow there.

There is plenty of Blame Snow for his offseason moves, lack of a trade deadline move to help this team and lack of finding JT a legitimate wing for years.

Last edited:

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
To say Snow is an idiot for not bringing him back right away does not acknowledge the fact this team fought from last in the conference to a playoff spot all while Halak was away and Chemistry was great. Not knowing all the circumstances of the demotion, what was said and so on, I can't blame Snow there.
I can, easily. A former goalie who is clueless in the goalie management arena. Nevermind a lousy judge of talent.
Oh, and lets not forget the chip on his shoulder.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I see Garths evil plan. Sign Greiss for 3 years make him a legit starter, expose him and have Vegas draft him, and we don't lose any forwards or defenseman. Genius

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I see Garths evil plan. Sign Greiss for 3 years make him a legit starter, expose him and have Vegas draft him, and we don't lose any forwards or defenseman. Genius

i would love to be privy to Garth's post-season summary of how the season went.

- what was the plan going in
- what worked well
- what didn't work well/areas for growth
- plan for next year

Just the post-powerpoint Q&A would be magical.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Shut out for Jaro! I'm loving how great he's been since he's been back. Especially how much hate he got, to show people he's still a high caliber goalie is awesome.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Shut out for Jaro! I'm loving how great he's been since he's been back. Especially how much hate he got, to show people he's still a high caliber goalie is awesome.

In all honesty he should have been called back up after 2 weeks in the AHL, he was kicking ass down there. Point basically was made then by both sides

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

Big thumbs up for Jaro, he's laid a few eggs on the Island but has put in a lot of good work for us. He's done much more good then harm. In an ideal world, Halak should have gotten ~47 starts and Greiss the rest.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
In an ideal world, Sorokin would be backed by Söderström.

Last edited:

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
In an ideal world, Sorokin would be backed by Soderstrom.

I think the Isles have the worst goalie development... so many names and at the end of the day nobody stepped up... too many Salos, and Poulins and Koskinens and Fichaud's...

I hope I am wrong

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
If this guy never plays in the world cup of hockey I think they are where the Rags are point wise. Completely burnt out from it the first couple months of the season.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
i would love to be privy to Garth's post-season summary of how the season went.

1) - what was the plan going in
2) - what worked well
3) - what didn't work well/areas for growth
4) - plan for next year

Just the post-powerpoint Q&A would be magical.

His answers:
1 - Get Stamkos. Oops.
2 - Everything I did.
3 - Everything everyone else did.
4 - Stare in mirror and ask, "Who is the fairest GM of all?"

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Another solid game for Jaro. He delivered when we needed it most. Beginning of the year aside, which I still partially contribute to his mental state with having all the goalies, he was the most clutch player aside from Lee.

Jaro went down, sucked it up and played his arse off, then he came back and helped this team almost make the playoffs. Expose Greiss, trade him, I don't care. Jaro earned the spot on this team with his play when it mattered most.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This is why you stick with proven vets. Especially in the net. And even more so over an inexperienced goalie who's never been tested and isn't even highly touted.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I want a Greiss, Halak tandem next year. Dump Berube.

obvious-pizza.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad