Confirmed with Link: Jarome iginla traded to pittsburgh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
"It wasn't fully my choice"

So full of ****

Did he say that quote for quote. I heard he said we both worked together and wanted a deal that was good for Calgary too, we had 3 good deals and ultimately it was Pittsburgh for me...

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 19s
Still amazed Pittsburgh beat out Boston on Iginla. I would have bet my life savings that the Bruins would have got him given the urgency

**** me

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
So the Bruins offered...

1. A conditional first
2. A flight risk
3. A 7th defenseman type.

And their offer was "great"?

Koko isn't a flight risk. Don't know why people keep saying that. I could easily reword this to:

1. a first
2. future top-6 forward
3. 5-6 defensman

versus Pittsburgh which was

1. a later first
2. two AHL fodder

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Also, Maclean said earlier in the show that GMs don't pull players from lineups unless they believe a deal is in place.

Peter Chiarelli didnt pull two players and call up another because he hoped he had a deal. He had a verbal agreement of acceptance.

Chiarelli hoped by that by scratching these two players the Trade Fairy would make it real.

sorry- this deal was done, done, done between Feaster and Chiarelli and Iggy blew it up. Chiarelli HAD TO HAVE confirmation or he wouldnt have done it.

Rancourt Fist Pump

Goulet-lite
Jul 30, 2010
On July 5th, Feaster might be estatic when Iginla resigns with Calgary. Its a beautiful thing when a plan comes together.

This.

We were just 1 of 3 teams used to drive the price up on the Pens. Nice plan but it didn't even ****ing work.

This isn't even worth watching. ****ing softball questions and ball washing.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Iginla is so classy my ass, he just ****ed over the Flames and their fan base big time.

If I was a Flames fan, I would be livid with this BS.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Peter Chiarelli didnt pull two players and call up another because he hoped he had a deal. He had a verbal agreement of acceptance.

Chiarelli hoped by that by scratching these two players the Trade Fairy would make it real.

sorry- this deal was done, done, done between Feaster and Chiarelli and Iggy blew it up.

Yep. Like I just tweeted to Naoko:

"Then dont put the Bruins on your list if all it takes is for Shero to blow his nose on a napkin and pass it off as an offer"

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

sorry- this deal was done, done, done between Feaster and Chiarelli and Iggy blew it up. Chiarelli HAD TO HAVE confirmation or he wouldnt have done it.

Think they ask the league to step in?

jasonbaz77*

I am thinking after this no GM will want to deal with Calgary again. He looks like a complete fraud.

Seriously...who would even talk to this guy after what he did to Chia?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So the Bruins offered...

1. A conditional first
2. A flight risk
3. A 7th defenseman type.

And their offer was "great"?

Great no however, you won`t find, or at least I haven`t as of yet who said "hey, Feaster made out like a Bandit, good thing he didn`t take that Bruin offer instead"

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
I don't see what kind of case would they have. Iginla has a full no movement clause. You can't force a player to play somewhere he doesn't want to if they've got a no movement clause. It's not illegal for Iginla to blow up a trade like he did because of that right.

It's disappointing he went back on his word/list, but there's no legal case or reason for league to step in.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

I think SOMETHING has to be happening behind the scenes. It would be one thing if it was no harm, no foul.. but players and prospects were benched because of an impending deal. That doesn't happen every day... or ever for that matter.

Chia and Neely have to be furious right now.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I feel like Brett Hart right now and the Penguins are Shawn Michaels.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario

Yup Bob Mackenzie already confirmed it:

In case anyone hasn't seen them here are Bob MacKenzie's Tweets on what happened:

"Doesn't matter now, but CGY preferred deal was with BOS. The 2 teams agreed on components but w/o critical 3rd element - player approval."

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/317182342844268544

"Bottom line, as was the case with Brenden Morrow, Jarome Iginla is a Pittsburgh Penguin today because PIT is where he wanted to go."

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/317182794235273216

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad