Confirmed with Link: Jarome Iginla is Retiring

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Could you imagine where the team would be if we actually traded him for Michael Peca or if we received the prospect we actually were asking the Stars for in the Nieuwendyk trade, Todd Harvey?

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
What a career. One helluva player and person. I'll never forget Lindens last game, when Iginla got the team to stay on the ice and shake his hand. He gave his all every game. Congrats Iggy.

Not just got them to stay, but called back everyone's asses who went into the locker room already! That was a great moment.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
My all time favourite Flame and player overall. Nobody comes close(as of now). I will miss ya on the ice very much, Captain. Now for the HHOF.
Best wishes going forward, Iggy!
Retire #12!

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Guy was my biggest role model growing up and will forever be my favourite player. Wish he had played on a better managed team and had been given a legit chance while he was here at bringing it home.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Great career by a great Flame. Too bad he never got his cup to seal his fate into the hockey immortals wing.
Tremendous Flame, one of our greatest (if not our greatest) player to ever lace'em up. Put up big points in dead hockey; very happy for Iggy on a spectacular career.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I'm actually gonna change my picture if I can ever figure out how to... He's literally the only reason I would change my avatar.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Never got near the respect he deserved despite being one of the best to ever play. They had better retire his jersey properly.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I legitimately feel like Fleury deserves his jersey retired before Iginla's but I understand the bridges that have been burned there...

As much as I'd like Iginla's number retired on Dec. 12 I'd rather have it done on HNIC
November 17th, Flames-Oilers. HNIC. Battle of Alberta. Epic.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Iggy was the prototypical power forward, he defined the role and never hesitated to drop the gloves to stick up for a team mate. They definitely don't make them like him anymore, and all done with the hugest smile such that you couldn't help but smile back when you saw him.

+1 Proper number retirement

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad