Confirmed with Link: Jarome Iginla is Retiring

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
As I said on the main boards, I knew it was coming and I'm still a little choked up. So much of my childhood was spent repping the #12 on my back. Still a sense of loss that we never got to see his big smile as he lifted the cup. Enjoy retirement Iggy, and we'll see you in a few years when you are a 1st Ballot into the HHOF.

Get this mans # up in the rafters. Yesterday.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
A Forever a Flame ceremony to honour his number is just about the worst thing the Flames can do and yet I somewhat expect it to happen instead of a jersey retirement.

I just hope the organization isn't that tone deaf

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I don't understand the timing on this- I would prefer the honor of a one-day contract and retire him to start the season. Maybe that's just semantics but I always feel like Jarome gets a little less respect than other stars of his stature and is too humble to push for more himself.

He's 15th all time in goal scoring and 34th all time in points while playing through 3 lockouts and the dead puck era. He was very arguably the best player in the world for a few years (just before Crosby-Ovechkin took over). He deserves to be honored by us like the avalanche honor sakic or the red wings yzerman.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I don't understand the timing on this- I would prefer the honor of a one-day contract and retire him to start the season. Maybe that's just semantics but I always feel like Jarome gets a little less respect than other stars of his stature and is too humble to push for more himself.

He's 15th all time in goal scoring and 34th all time in points while playing through 3 lockouts and the dead puck era. He was very arguably the best player in the world for a few years (just before Crosby-Ovechkin took over). He deserves to be honored by us like the avalanche honor sakic or the red wings yzerman.
He can sign a one day contract just as easily on July 30th as he could in September or October

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Sigh.... Flames better step up and do a solid ceremony prior to one of the games this year. Retire #12... Hopefully Kipper attends this ceremony too.

Reactions: Flamesss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->